Started sleeping on the floor to improve posture

>Started sleeping on the floor to improve posture
>2/3 days have only been able to fall asleep on my side
>The one day I fell asleep on my back I didn't stay asleep long enough
>Keep feeling tired as shit from beating myself up like this
>Really want to realign my back and help pull my shoulders back

Fuck, is this sleeping on the floor shit a meme?

I'm fucking dying bro.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcGwQrrRmOBCHy9Zlj-03wKE-s5ZCcZyV
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1119282/
academic.oup.com/ptj/article/86/12/1641/2805079/
inclinedbedtherapy.com/forum
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HEAVY DEADLIFTS FAGGOT

EVERY TIME I DO THAT SHIT I WALK OUT OF THE GYM WITH A BACK STRAIGHTER THAN A SOLDIER ON PARADE

It doesnt work if you didnt properly nofapped and nopooped before for a month.
Youd lie softer

Of course sleeping on the floor is a fucking meme.

I've been sleeping on the floor. I have a sleeping bag and blanket under me. After about a week it felt normal, like sleeping anywhere else. Normies will think you are weird though, once they're made aware of your sleeping habit.

But the science makes sense, sleeping on a hard surface should allow your body to relax and allow gravity to naturally pull your shoulders back as well as stretch tight hams and hips.

face pulls, rows, deadlifts, pull ups

You can do it, but just getting on the floor is not enough. You need to be able to be comfortable on the floor.
1) youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcGwQrrRmOBCHy9Zlj-03wKE-s5ZCcZyV

2) ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1119282/

No, you don't, normie trash.

Get a hammock. Better for your back and brain.

I load a backpack up with water bottles, 40 - 60 lbs, then go on a 2 - 4 hour hike. It's my legs, ass, cardio, and posture day. Works like a charm

>backpack
>posture
literally the stupidest thing you could do besides typing on a laptop all day, kiddo

>youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcGwQrrRmOBCHy9Zlj-03wKE-s5ZCcZyV

Have you tried this?

Yes. Guy's kind of a creep, but that shit's like magic.

academic.oup.com/ptj/article/86/12/1641/2805079/

Have you tried it? I'm not talking about a childs backpack, I'm talking about a camping pack with a waist strap. I agree, if you don't know how to distribute the weight, you could screw it up for sure.

That's a nice ass.

Backpacks try to pull you into good posture, which your body fights by using the opposing muscles

You're doing the exact opposite of what you think you're doing

Maybe you're right, but I stand and sit straight without thinking about it anymore, and that's literally all I did.

I know. Nobody is stupid enough to load a kids backpack that heavy more than once. Try not using the shoulder straps and tell me how the load management is.

Here's what I did, OP. Keep in mind that I had lower back problems for like 30+ years of my life.

I bought a 4'x8' sheet of 3/4" thick piece plywood and a 4'x8' sheet of 3/4" thick piece of blue board polystyrene foam, both items are what is used in house construction and they came from the local hardware store. I laid that on my bed. On top of that I put one layer of 1" eggshell foam. The trick is to have just enough soft foam to prevent sore spots on your hips, shoulders, elbows, heels, etc. It is still pretty solid. Use a bed sheet over the eggshell foam. Replace the eggshell foam as needed when it starts to flatten too much.

Even though, I sleep on my sides more than my back, my lower back problems ended after I started using this system. If you still have a little trouble sleeping on your back, bring one foot up beside your other leg, to your knee. It makes your legs look like a number "4". You can place a pillow under your bent knee to be more comfortable.

I've been sleeping like this for 6-7 years now. The nice part is that the 4'x8' bed is larger in usable size than my older bed. If I got too close to the edge on my older bed, it'd crush down and dump me off. This one is fully usable from end to end and my feet don't hang off.

done wrong only worsen the posture
If you feel any DOMS in your spinal erectors after deadlifts - you're doing them wrong

I slept on a futon in a tatami room for a month when I was crashing at my buddy's house in Tokyo. It sucked. I sleep on pic related

It's a chink you zoophile

Pic related.

Hammock are the shit!!! I love mine to death.

Who is this seminal fluid druid

I get this but I can’t tell if it’s the deadlifts or just how I load the plates onto the bar.

Your body has natural lordosis, kyphosis and lordosis at the cervical thoracic and lumbar spines respectively. If that shit is ACTUALLY straight then that means you have problem. Sure you might want to reduce the lordosis at the cervical spine, but you can do that by strengthening the muscle memory of the muscles that hold your cervical spine it its position.

I've got something similar, only I bought mine at Ikea and it has built-in storage underneath

that's so fkn elaborate

>3 layers to make a new bed
>replace top layer when it wears out
>tip for sleeping flat on back, regardless of bed used
>6-7 year personal experience on said bed

How's the tl;dr version?

You shouldn't get doms from loading the plates unless you're beginner woman.
Anyway, I mean, they can be a little sore, but nothing compared to your glutes and hamstrings. I'm guilty of doing them wrong too but now they feel way nicer when i got proper technique

My erectors are always tight/pumped af after deadlifts. Have been told by 2 different high-end strength coaches (both over 50 and still 600+ deads and squats for reps) my form is great. Zero doms in your erectors is just an incorrect statement. People finishing up the lift with the lower back and not the glutes is wrong, but the back will always be involved.

that's what I said more or less. What is reading comprehension?

I'll give the beginers playlist a go then, nothing to lose desu.

>If you feel any DOMS in your spinal erectors
>any

This is reading comprehension.

But it's still a nice ass

Yeah, then I corrected myself. I was exaggerating

Probably because you're obviously devoting a lot of effort to it in general. Honestly drop the backpacks and just focus your efforts on maintaining good posture when walking instead.

Fool, just buy a really hard mattress. Sleeping on a floor is for hardcore Asians.

Jilly Jansen

What about a pillow for your neck/head?

lay on top of a thick blanket or whatever you have. Sleeping on the floor does not mean you sleep on a bare floor. That is, unless you have thick carpet.

inclinedbedtherapy.com/forum

Interesting... I had ideas on sleeping on a office chair with the same angle. Why the hell is this not an open forum?

it looks like one of those loonie forums desu. Probably believe a few degrees of incline will cure your cancer.

Let's be honest; it's probably mostly preference. And sleeping on a slight incline always feels kinda comfy.

>43517707
The fuck are you on about. What about hammies?

spoken like a true fitfag

Sleeping on the floor legit works. I've been doing it for over a year and my back feels much better. For the first few weeks you'll wake up with your back aching tho.

By DOMS you mean delayed right? I sort of feel the tightness in my back while I do them but never any pain after. Only 250lbs, is that good?

Deadlifts, pendlay rows and facepulls will do more for posture than anything.

I spend my entire day slouched with my head forwards because I'm too lazy to lift my monitors a few inches and my posture is perfect regardless due to lifting.

>bring one foot up beside your other leg, to your knee. It makes your legs look like a number "4"

This is how I sleep when on my back. Works pretty well, although i dont place a pillow under any knee.

Friendly reminder that this comment is intended to draw you away from deadlift and is concern trolling. You SHOULD feel doms in your erectors after deadlifts and you SHOULD feel a pump in your lower back during the training while doing them.

I've been sleeping on the floor for 2 years now, and the first few months are hard. The body is not used to the hard surface, and it often hurts so much that you can't relax and get sufficient sleep.

What I did was place a larger towel on the floor and just fold it once. This will alleviate most of the tension and make sleeping much easier, while having all the supposed benefits.

namaste and fuck off

>Deadlifts, pendlay rows and facepulls will do more for posture than anything.

Been doing the first two for the last two years and they haven't fixed anything shoulder related.

I dunno, maybe I'm just clueless on how to foam roll my chest.

Actually I am.

If your glutes and hamstrings are way more sore, then it's ok, i guess.

haha, good luck bro. You will need it.

I did the leg-4 thing for a while because it feels comfy at first but when I stay in that position for a while my hip just fucking kills me the next day. Should I just elevate the bent knee slightly or should I give it up?
Also I have no trouble falling asleep lying on my back, but my dreams get really wild, I get little rest and I tend to not move around at night automatically like I do when sleeping on the side.

DOMS are always delayed, because it's literally in the name: Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

>he trains so lightly that his DOMS are delayed
not gonna make it

This is the people who give you advice in here, deadlifts especially are GOAT to build huge spinal erectors.

how many reps?