Weightlifting General

>tfw no weightlifting thread
>tfw Veeky Forums probably doesn't know what weightlifting is
>how much do you bench?
>weightlifting, that's like bodybuilding, right?

Feel free to post your PRs and/or training routines

wuts the difference between power and strength

Power is strength + speed

Strength is just hurr durr lift heavy

I haven't made progress in about 3 weeks now from a thumb injury. Yeah a friggin thumb injury. Its at the third joint on the thumb kind of where it connects to your wrist. I think it's from doing hook grip but I've been doing this so long it just doesn't make sense. Even when I look up info on hook grip injuries I get nothing other than people who complain about bruising. It's not even that much weight my PR clean is 265 so I usually clean and jerk in the 200-245 range. Even while it was hurting I never actually felt pain using the hook grip at all I would mostly feel it when I bench or hold the bar overhead.

Anyone ever have thumb joint injuries from hook grip?

I'm sorry to hear about your injury. Unfortunately I can't really diagnose it, and I haven't heard of injuries from hook grip before.

But it does seem weird that you would get pain at the base of your thumb from hook grip. When I hook grip, I feel pressure from the bar on my upper thumb section, but not at the base.

I'm trying to teach myself weightlifting since I don't really have a way of getting a coach or taking a class or something of the sort atm. One problem I've been running into on my snatch is that I think the bar is too far away from my hips when I reach the top of my pull so to make contact with the bar I have to push my hips too far to make contact which caused me to get a huge bruise on my dick and doesn't give me a lot of power. What can I do to correct my pull so that the bar is closer at the top and I'm brushing the bar with my hips to get it up rather than fucking the bar like an idiot.

How do you even train moves like this, seems like you have to do the whole movement at once or none of it. It's difficult to get that kind of form down proper

Look up a programs like oleksy torokhyit. Good program very lift specific. I pick from it to develop my power. I went from 60kg power clean and jerk too 100kg I am 78kg manlet

>hurr durr lift heavy
we need not be adversaries, stay your hand.

you can isolate specific parts of the movement, and/or work with lighter weights to get your form down. I see people training snatches at my gym all the time, by elevating the barbell on two blocks so it's around thigh level when they snatch..

So is weightlifting just the same thing as olympic weightlifting?

Why do you bother with oly?

1.most of you don’t play sports
2. The post is associated with cross shit
3.no gains unless you juice or do a fuck ton of accessory
4.meme as fuck
5. You need a coach be be decent and gentics to be good

I feel like my snatch grip is too narrow
Whats the correct way to determine it?

Just open(widen?) your grip, breh

I hate the crossfiters who practice oly «just because I want to master the technique».
But to be honest leg gains are real even if you don't use gear.

Slowly getting into powerlifting. Breaking my PR every time I go to the gym, but again, I'm still DYEL with noob gains so it's no wonder. I'd probably like to start weightlifting at some point but currently it's impossible at my gym. It is way too cramped and it'd probably be frowned upon. It's not really possible to do it there.

i legit do it because its fun, i wouldn't enjoy going to the gym if i didn't.

got kicked out my old gym for doing one handed barbell power snatches lol.

Speaking of breaking my records, will probably go beyond 200lbs on my deadlift this Sunday. Happy about the progress. Also did 176lbs squats. Both for reps too, not 1RM. Don't want to try 1RM because it's not really my objective right now. And it's going to change every time I go to the gym anyway.

Yup, that's what I fear. It's the cheapest commercial gym available around here and it's always full of people. The crowds combined with serious lack of space would make up for a recipe for disaster.

Weakfag here just c&j 42.5kg which is +2.5kg PR.
Why does this thread not have /owg/ in the name tho?

Keep your back tight. When the bar lifts off it should immediately come back towards you. Your knees should come back to make way for the bar as it passes them. Focus on keeping your knuckles pointed down throughout the lift, this will help keep the bar closer. Your problem is probably in the first/2nd pull. Go make an account at catalyst athletics website. Theyll send you a snatch manual.

Going to get my usaw lvl 1 coaching certification this weekend brehs