Fight or flight

We've all felt it before. Has anyone here been in a dangerous situation where fight or flight, and being fit saved their ass?
Three dudes tried mugging me a few days ago. I was sucker punched in the side of the head and before I barely had time to comprehend the situation I was already up off the ground running like mother fucker. These guys chased me passed pedestrians several blocks, like an old Men Gibson movie, and I just kept running until I was well into a more crowded area. It really got me thinking about how this could have went if I was a weak bitch that wasn't training every week. Pic related is me running for my life.

Running is always the better choice. Your fragile ego might take a beating from it, but I'd rather run and stay alive than being stabbed or shot because of pride or whatever

If bigger/stronger than me: flight
If smaller/weaker than me: fight

the ol' negrolympics, we've all been there

Was never in a situation where my running skills were useful. Part of me wishes for it, though.

Used to have the flight mentality when I was weak and did not know how to fight. Nowadays I am confident I could take up to three guys at once, ofcourse using something to move their attention away and straight knocking them out with hooks to the chins

Ay, the thread came to life. This is OP.
Yeah, my ego always thought a situation like that would go down differently. The ego hasn't fucked with me until after the fact.
The guy that knocked me down was big, but the other two had my frame, scrawnier though.
Kek. I wasn't gonna say it, but yeah they were Negros. They're not that fast, as it turns out.
Hopefully you never will, user. That shit was scary as hell when we started passing people and they were still coming.

Do you train MMA or something?

not if you have a gun

hand over your shit and that's when they'll have to turn their back to run away; giving you a risk free execution

I've been in a couple of situations

>Walk down alley in Magaluf as my friend was begging for a piss
>Were away from the main group of lads and about 50m away from the main strip
>Three guys come over and quickly encircle us
>I instantly know what's going on but drunk friend is still pissing
>One guy has recently had a tattoo and has that cling film shit over it
>"Hey guys do you have any spare change or a cigarette"
>I quickly answer that were on a bar crawl and out nights already been paid for
>They insist on checking our pockets
>I grab my mate by the back of his top and start dragging him back to the main strip
>They get infront of us saying they want to come in the club with us to check and start getting aggressive saying they'll stab us if we don't give them our shit
>I reach out and scratch all down arm tats arm
>He screams and I grab my mate and leg it to the first bouncer I can see and tell them that the guys following us tried to mug us
>Luckily he's english and when they run to the club he doesn't let them in
>See them waiting outside the club for a bit before eventually leaving
>Drunk friend doesn't really have a clue what's gone on
No more pissing down dark alleys for me

>gets stabbed

Whoa.

>At a festival here in the UK (Leeds fest)
>Kasabian are playing and everyone is having a good time
>People start a massive mosh pit but because it's so close to the front the people on the railings start pushing back
>This leads to people falling over and a domino effect occurs
>I fall down and see that there are probably 100 people around me all trapped on top of each other and more falling into the pile
>Literally can't move, 6'5 friend is on top of me and I'm 6'2 and I've never felt more helpless
>Girl underneath me is screaming for me to get off and she's broken her ankle
>Someone else is saying they can't breathe
>Genuinely terrifying
>Physically trapped and can feel the weight of everyone on top of me so girl underneath me must've been crushed
>Try my hardest to move 'muh functional strength' and manage a small roll
>Girl still screaming and more people are screaming as people are falling into the mass pit
>Eventually people realize to stop moshing and start helping people up but it takes ages as there's about 150,000 people all pushing from the back so people are still falling on
>6'5 friend manages to get up early and he grabs me up and we just push our way out of the crowd
>Have to sit down for about 30 minutes to relax and we're both just shaken up
Honestly one of the worst experiences of my life, my body wanted a flight reaction but I couldn't move, dying in a mass trampling must honestly be one of the worst ways to go

Think it qualifies as a flight story, soz boss

fucking foreign gypsy monkies need putting down

that's what you get for going to kasabian instead of Fatboy slim tbqh

This is why I don't mosh. Being buried alive is the absolute last way in the world I want to die and that's effectively what that is.

I have a slightly different type of fight or flight story

> me
> 19 year old skinny kid at a big bank
> rookie hazing still going strong, old school values still in place.
> first three months in
> 'where's my fucking shit when I asked for it?'
> another big guy starts getting in on hazing me.
> put up with 'where's my shit fucker?' for 2 weeks
> last time he asks I reply with 'how does go fuck yourself sound'
> standing ovation from office
> managing director tells me he's wanted to say that for years to that bloke

I swear to god not larp - one of the highlights of my career

Rather a combination of boxing, mt kicks, wrestling and grappling techniques. Sparred against many People with various martial arts backgrounds and adapted some techniques

Yeah, sounds like a bit of both.
Jesus fuck. All of those people having a flight response at the same time, only making things worse.
Truth.
Kek. Was your heart racing when you said it? My timid side comes out in new work environments. I've worked with alot of old fucks in factories that haze the hell out of guys. Once you've learned how to throw it back they respect you.

Sounds useful. I've got a gym buddy that wants to spar, but he is like six four and I'm a manlet with no martial arts experience.

You should do it anyway,
there's no real advantage in sparring/fighting when you're taller except for longer reach, but your center of gravity is also higher and easier to take down.

You'll only benefit from it.

I don't even like Kasabian, it was the group consensus... Luckily I saw Fat boy slim at bestival last year

>Walking down the street
>Clearly drunk/high girl comes up to me
"I need to use your phone. Give me your phone"
>No
"Give me your phone"
>She reaches to grab it
>Punch her right in the fucking jaw and run like a bitch
>Tell no one
So I guess I both fight and flight