/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General
A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>eleven eleven edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
chinfl.blogspot co.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
dropbox.com/sh/mjgz5nmcikhhvnu/28iq3URWUW

>helpful blog on some technique quirks:
yashathoughts.com

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Commisar's notes on the Meme Method
>pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ecRrT6xTJ80
youtube.com/watch?v=4YtOANPcgww
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's the most athletic sport imo, but the most underrated. People are more interested in a bunch of juiced men smashing their bodies into each other causing permanent brain damage than they are watching the pure meditation that is weightlifting.

time to spin

I wish I had the flexibility to do it.

/ourguy/ Lasha just broke the another Snatch record. 220kg

It's unofficial though. However, I just checked the current entry list for Anaheim and Lasha's there. Hope he'll make it official or even beat it again
then and there.

if there's anyone to do 220 at comp it's lasha.

>tfw he followed me back on instagram and later unfollowed me

i hope your happy. you let him down. he followed you because he believed in you and you just couldnt do it.

I know that you dont need to rub it in

excusess faggot

anybody got any good prs lately?? cleaned 130 for the first time today and i'm feeling good.

I want to start oly lifting when I move away next september but no gyms in my current area have the correct equipment. What can I do between now and then to help me when I start?

red pill me on this exercise:
youtube.com/watch?v=ecRrT6xTJ80
youtube.com/watch?v=4YtOANPcgww

it looks fun

Pls be kgs

what else would it be

When is to late to start training for competition?

You could have been a dyel cleaning below 1 plate.. good job man

I just started owg two months ago myself, after a few years of powerlifting. It feels so rewarding now as the technique is getting somewhat decent!

Front squat 200kg