Redpill me on hanging leg raises

Redpill me on hanging leg raises.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_xdOuqokcm4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're a good exercise for abs that elite bodybuilders always include in their routine. PLease let your thread die now :)

They're THE best concentric ab exercise bar none. If you want to train your abs you need to be doing them. The only other thing you might want is something rotational and something isometric.

Don't have the data but nothing hits the abs harder than hanging leg raises

As others have noted, it is probably the king of ab exercises.

Scientists conclude that leg raises are an ideal workout for abs

it's also good since it decompresses your spine

youtube.com/watch?v=_xdOuqokcm4

Trainers hate him because he discovered this one trick

Yeah but I feel my hip flexors more than my abs after hanging leg raises why is that?

Hanging leg raises gave me cancer in my abs

They suck for building muscle, but are great for strength

worst broscience post ever

>this
I use them as a meme workout to just fix my lower back pain after legs
t. arachnoid cyst wrapped around lower spine.

You're not gonna get RIPPED abs from only leg raises. I mostly only do them to rotate my sacrum and decompress my spine.

my core legit exploded when I started doing them, but do them properly, show the gym your ass.

They're good for training your abs, but the main reason why you should be doing them is that they stretch your hip flexors too and if you squat/deadlift a lot or have been sedentary (which I assume to be the case based upon you asking this question) you almost certainly have tight hip flexors

poor form, start with hanging knee raises and try to bring your knees up to your chin focusing on contracting your abs specifically

>for me

Is it the same as lying leg raises or nah?

I do them at the end of EVERY workout
core work can never harm, you have additional grip work due to the hanging and it decompresses your spine after heavier loads (squats, deads, presses). What's not to love

Hanging leg raises are more challenging and more work. Lying will give you a good workout on your abs but hanging is even better.

They are best done against a wall as that prevents cheating and use of momentum.

but then you won't decompress your spine (assuming it's one of those seats, and not a wall ladder or however you call that) Hanging free is better for overall usefulness, but sure if you want to target your abs only do them against a wall

Just found out you're supposed to maintain the posterior pelvic tilt while doing them. So that's what i've been doing wrong.

Or maybe stop ego lifting and pause between reps. Stop when your form goes to shit. Supplement with an easier movement.

Because the exercise is actual called a hip flex and its supposef to work you ilacis and psoas major . Abbs are just the synergist muscle group.

Newbie in Noobgains territory here, all of my sickest ab gains came from intense hanging routines.

>all these niggers saying abs
I thought it focused on the adonis belt

Do them slower

Hanging leg raises are excellent for your serratus, abodminals, and obliques.

Mate. Fuck off. This is first hand experience. I built my abs doing cable crunches and the oblique twist machine. Leg raises barely had any impact on giving my abdominals hypertrophy.