Why don't you take caesin protein before you go to bed?

Why don't you take caesin protein before you go to bed?

Do you enjoy depriving your muscles of protein during the recovery period they need it the most?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4997367/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25057266
gssiweb.org/en/sports-science-exchange/article/sse-117-protein-ingestion-prior-to-sleep-potential-for-optimizing-post-exercise-recovery
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10838463
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22330017
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because i lift for fun, not so i can put on mass like an insecure autist

yeah brah I eat natty greek yogurt for casein + peanut butter because fat slows the protein absorbtion so the recovery can be more spread out through REM sleep, which is where the gains are made. I dont really need the casein isolate but works the same I guess
this is pretty much a bodybuilding board, go to /r/fitness or something

>fat slows the protein absorption

damn is this true? i didnt know this. i usually just mixed a scoop with a few splashes of milk into a sorta liquidy paste.

i fucking hate the consistency of whey. it turns into concrete when mixed with yogurt. it stays loose enough mixed with water but i still don't wanna drink it.

is there any casein that doesnt taste like shit? i tried the ON chocolate supreme and the dymatize cinnamon bun and both are disgusting.

I use Kaged Muscle Kasein and its delicious. Dissolves really well too.

fuck off optimum nutrition marketing team.
any protein you get from real food is casein protein.
you don't need to waste money on some stupid gimmicky supplement
as long as your getting solid meals throughout the day you're not depriving your muscles of anything...

All my extra protein is casein.
(With some exception for whey based gainer-drinks during workouts in bulking season.)

Not sure why but it works a lot better for me to supplement with, especially during cutting.
Even if BroScience says the fast nitrogen-kick from whey "is better".

>ON chocolate supreme and the dymatize cinnamon bun and both are disgusting.
>eating for taste and not for function
Never gonna make it

>any protein you get from real food is casein protein.

lol except this is a fucking lie. the only most pure natural caesin source is milk/milk products. so 3 cups of whole milk = 1 scoop of protein. take your pick. granted if you're bulking you're probably better with the milk, but have fun drinking 3 cups of milk before bed

fat slows digestion in general. Make sure to eat carbs with dinner 3-4 hours before bed to allow insulin levels to drop, you don't wanna be eating high cal foods like pb with insulin high. Eat the snack right before you go to bed.
Just eat pb + yogurt for same casein + mass gains

casein is a godsend for cutting, mostly because of how fucking thick it becomes when you mix it with anything. and i'm bad with late night cravings so mixing up a bowl of fucking casein and yogurt sludge fills me up and i can sleep well

stop falling for memes. you don't need "slow digesting" protein before bed bro.

>body recovers while sleeping
>why don't we help it recover?
>let's use slow digesting protein so the recovery period is elongated!

Ran out of caesin, so I've been using milk instead. Its good shit.

If you don't like it t h i c c then put at least 12 oz. of water in your shaker first THEN put the scoop in.

...except it makes no difference as long as you hit your target protein intake for that day

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4997367/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25057266

you're a stupid fuck

>casomorphins
Never gonna make it.

QUADS OF TRUTH
i was planning on eating my yogurt + pb at 1015 but im gonna do it right now user, quads get

>body tries to recover
>lets make it digest troughout the night

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4997367/
> Obese Men

we're talking about the average recreational weight lifter. the average recreational weightlifter isn't fucking obese.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25057266
>Increases in maximal muscle power, strength, endurance and thickness were not statistically different between groups.

you should try reading the studies you cite before you post them as proof.

keep being giving your money to supplement companies selling you powdered bullshit. stupid fucking retard.

another braindead, clueless sheep making supplement companies rich.

> i usually just mixed a scoop with a few splashes of milk into a sorta liquidy paste.
w-what

>supplement companies
>yogurt
its you that is braindead

>>QUADS OF TRUTH

Not that user, but here's some actual articles

gssiweb.org/en/sports-science-exchange/article/sse-117-protein-ingestion-prior-to-sleep-potential-for-optimizing-post-exercise-recovery

>the post-exercise increase in muscle protein synthesis rate is not maintained during subsequent overnight sleep. Recent work shows that protein ingested prior to sleep is effectively digested and absorbed during the night[...]dietary protein ingestion prior to sleep may represent an effective dietary strategy to inhibit muscle protein breakdown, stimulate muscle protein synthesis, facilitate the skeletal muscle adaptive response to exercise training and improve exercise training effectiveness.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10838463

>Results: "Mean increase in strength for chest, shoulder and legs was 59 +/- 9% for casein and 29 +/- 9% for whey, a significant group difference. This significant difference in body composition and strength is likely due to improved nitrogen retention and overall anticatabolic effects caused by the peptide components of the casein hydrolysate."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22330017

>Results/conclusion: "During sleep, casein protein was effectively digested and absorbed resulting in a rapid rise in circulating amino acid levels, which were sustained throughout the remainder of the night. Protein ingestion before sleep increased whole-body protein synthesis rates[...]and improved net protein balance[...]This is the first study to show that protein ingested immediately before sleep is effectively digested and absorbed, thereby stimulating muscle protein synthesis and improving whole-body protein balance during postexercise overnight recovery."

bb--b-b--bbut the supplement industry....t-t--t-theyre bad....

> implying the supplement industry is the only place that offers casein protein
> bb--b-b--bbut the supplement industry....t-t--t-theyre bad...

casein can give you a slight edge yes, but you're a sheer fucking retard if you think the supplement industry is good

so casein works wonders? is this just for sleep, or is casein always better than normal whey?

this, eat some greek yogurt or cottage cheese before bed

It's likely best to use it in combination with other, more fast acting protein sources. Just save casein for before you go to bed.

nice digits

So what's the best casein then?

casein or isolate or chicken or eggs
30 minutes post workout or 6 hours after
means fuck all

when will the DYEL faggots realize?

nigga I have 3 glasses of milk in a regular day

just eat some cottage cheese you fucking retard. do you even know what casein protein is?