gmb.io/

>Youtube Channels
youtube.com/user/Calisthenicmovement/videos
youtube.com/user/bboySaza/videos
youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs/videos
youtube.com/user/GoldMedalBodiesVids
youtube.com/user/DemonDrills/videos
youtube.com/user/slizzardman/videos

Added to my collection. I have a total of 834 apus now.

Beginner here, got any general tips?

This one might be rare.

give me a new protein bar, im sick of the shit ive been eating.

One thats low in sugar please

Thanks, make that 836
Most protein bars are just filled with soy and other stupid shit. Eat real food.
Train.

Literally just pick something cool to do like handstand push ups and work towards it.

Start from the lowest progression and work your way up

>Train
Wow how are these threads not full of people with advice like that. As a beginner I was planning on skipping all my workouts and just praying REALLY hard, but I have seen the light.Thanks user.

no bulli pls

nogainzzz

Who here /reverse bench dips/?

you can bake protein bars at home and add stuff like nuts for more calories, coconut oil for fat, and use whatever sweetener you want. google there are a lot of recipes.

im looking to buy a pullup bar. one that just hooks onto your door frame, no screws please since i rent. any recommendations?

how to train legs past pistols?

gym

Anyone else have upper cross syndrome?

weighted pistols/gym

Wall sits

Are there any good bodyweight routines that don't focus much on doing stuff on bars or rings? I was intrigued by calisthenics because everyone always says it requires less/ no equipment, yet it seems to me that you actually need MORE equipment than for a regular weight lifting routine if you want to do any of the more advanced stuff.

You need at least a pull up bar my friend.

A pull up bar is just one piece of equipment. Even if you dont have a place for a pull up bar, if you have rings instead you can just hang them from a tree.

So I'm following the recommended routine from reddit, they say to skip the first part (dips and pull ups) until you can do diamond push ups and some dip exercise I can't remember. I can do the negatives pretty easy and I can do about 4 pull ups for 3 sets. If it's fucking up my baby wrists too much I skip them, but usually I can do them. I also do a little bit of weights afterwards.

Am I not gonna see any progress if I keep trying to do them normally? It's just one rep under the minimum and I have been getting upper back doms.

I'm going to enlist in like a year, and I need to improve my running (long distance and sprints), rope climbing, pushups, pullups, back, legs, core

What would you guys suggest to do (of course I don't wanna only train ONLY for these things but these are the main goals)?

Finally got 3x5 on my pistols, but is there any way I can practice keeping my non-squat leg up?

I'm gonna start loading up with chains across my back and arms. I suspect I can keep a neutral balance between my arms and back without increasing the risk for injury.

4x3 is perfectly fine way to do pull ups and dips. Just start doing them, you'll be fine. Leddit routine is very conservative in terms of progress

yea. its fucking called standing with your non-squat leg up

Got the arms I can do 10 pull ups easily and continue until 50 but I Have belly fat I fucking hate it
How do I lose that shit I can feel my abs if I put my finger on my belly but can't see them because of my fat

So, I'm 55kg 180cm unemployed celiac skellington that can't hold any kind of rhythm in life, mostly because of insomnia and reactive depression because of lack of sleep.

I barely eat anymore. Every little thing (dishes, have to go to store, no right ingredients etc.) kills my mood for cooking. Don't get me wrong, I like cooking and I eat really healthy when I actually make food. But the thing is; I'm way too tired to do anything most of the time and it really fucks my shit up. Also I hate to buy cancer causing food from markets that are pumped full of estrogens, thats why I make my own food. Only thing that keeps me motivated to live is my autistic love for hunting, and that's basically my main source for meat. I walk long distances while hunting and it keeps me somewhat in shape, but I have no upperbody strenght.

I want to change my life before I die.

I'd like to try somekind of routine that gets me even remotely fit so this is my plan:

>Force myself to wake up 9 am everyday, even if I haven't slept for days, no napping
>Start cooking large amounts of food once a week, so I don't have to cook everyday
>body weight exercises to build up my muscles, gym is out of options
>Hunting because I fucking love that shit

BUT

>I don't know how much I should eat to make my diet efficient
>I don't know how to make exercises efficient; what to dom how many times a week, how many repeats etc.
>Should I even train if I haven't slept?

Is my plan any good? Should I just die?

How about I put my non-squat leg up your ass, faggot?

Just start doing that and get a job when you can. When you are NEET and never have energy to do anything it often feels like you are in a hole with no way out. So doing pretty much anything to take 1 step out will help.

>Finally got 3x5 on my pistols, but is there any way I can practice keeping my non-squat leg up?
stupid questions get stupid answers

Sometimes practicing the movement outright isn't the optimal path of progression.

bull shit on 50 pull ups bro

Maybe he meant that he does sets of 10 until 50

damn, i only got 280

anyone? I believe that the best thing to do would be to workout like this:
OG style workout (starting with the reddit one) Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday
running Monday, Wednesday, Friday
rest Saturday

what do you fellas think?

You need to start doing full body workouts 3-5 times a week involving those movements and a lot of running. Dont mess with any gymnastic type of calisthenics like planche or levers because they are of no use to you.
I also suggest doing dips and weighted exercises like weighted push ups, dips and pull ups. This is so you they can feel easy as fuck unweighted and you can go to the max count when they test you.

thank you

what do you think my workout should generally look like?

also, I am not from the US and I believe that we are now tested with weighted pull ups and dips, and maybe weighted pushups (although I don't think the pushups are weighted).
There's a conscription here so they don't expect you to be fit when you come here, and they try to build your fitness up. However, I would like to make it a better experience for me and an easier one, by being fit when I already come there.

me. that's one effective way to destroy your triceps.

You can do this
Vertical pull
Vertical push
Legs
Horizontal/vertical pull
Horizontal push
Legs
Core
That's similar to what my workout looks like

I would add handstand progression to this, don't neglect your shoulders.

alright, thanks buddy

goal is to balance on one leg with the other extended. what else would be more beneficial than just practicing that position.

I do barbell lifts, but I'd like to explore bodyweight alternatives since I plan on travelling soon and won't have guaranteed access to equipment. Any guides on barbell/bodyweight equivalent exercises that you could recommend?
If I was just doing a straight up transition, I could just slowly add in bodyweight exercises and sub out the bar, but since I want to jump pretty clean from one to the other I'd like a more concrete plan of attack.

bench-dips/pushup variations
ohp-pike pushup/handstand pushup
squat-single leg squats
deadlift-idk, like nordic curls and bridges?

also pullups and body rows

What's the point of rows?

the same reason you do both lat pulldowns and barbell rows, it activates different muscle groups.

But do I need to include rows if I do proper pull-ups?

>tfw medial epicondylitis on both elbows
Thanks ring muscle ups, can't fucking train. Took a week off and abused ibuprofen. If it hurts the next time, im killing myself.

OHP>handstand push up
Binch>dips
Rows>front lever rows
Lat pull down>Pull ups

My dips bars came yesterday and today my pecs and bices are dead.

How many of u are involved with gymnastic clubs/groups? I want to get involved but all the classes I see available are for teens and under

The guy doing the 15 handstand pushups has a god tier body

You will still damage your door frame. Gonna have to get a power tower.

My college doesn't have any gymnastic clubs, but to be honest I'm not interested in joining an actual club. Yeah you can get very good at ring work and stuff, but you also have to do other shit like dismounts, flips etc which I really dont care for.
Calisthenics is cool because you can train for whatever you want, not what is the best way of gaining points. Human flag, 1 arm chin up, hefesto etc are all great movements that you wouldnt do as a gymnast.

Jump rope. Ab wheel. Stomach vacuums.

I can do 15 dips but cant do a single pullup
what do?

Start on pull up progressions like negatives and static holds.
Sorry to tell you but doing 15 dips and 0 pull ups means you are very unbalanced.

Pure Protein is good if you're on a budget. Probably has some shit in it someone on here will green text, though.

Bars are usually 200cal/20p/2sugar

oh don't worry, I know

You probably want some type of horizontal pulling, you can do Rows and increase difficulty or FL tuck rows etc.

Remember to start with small goals and write them down. Check them if you pass them.

Single leg deadlift

I started the startbodyweight routine about two weeks ago. My reps have been steadily increasing fine, but how long does it take to feel "actually stronger"? Also, I'm not really feeling too burnt out after doing the routine; is this okay, or should I up my reps? I don't want to progress too fast because the routine says you should increment slowly.

>My reps have been steadily increasing fine
You are getting stronger, keep going user.