QTDDTOT

Thinking edition

Do you eat the same calories on rest days as on work days?

Other urls found in this thread:

fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/02/briefing/3882b2_04_wyeth-ibuprophen.htm
basicgrowth.com/harnessing-transforming-sexual-energy/
amazon.co.uk/GM-Door-Gym-Black-Large/dp/B003TTUGRQ/ref=sr_1_6?s=fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1510440502&sr=1-6&keywords=pull up bar
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Less carbs on rest days, you can drop a couple hundred cals

If it's a cheat day, why not eat more?

Why do i get pain in what feels like my tendons behind my knees when i do back extensions? I've tried them on two different machines, one which has the body almost upright when i am at the top of the extension and one where my body is in line with the ground when at the top of the extension. I hope despite this clumsy explenation you know which machines i am talking about.

Should I even bother doing specific ab/v-line workouts?

I'm on a fairly intense cut with calorie and macro count, my schedule already has deadlifts, squats, curls, rows, pulldown, facepull, skullcrusher and press.

New to lifting. Was really only into running before this. Been on a steady routine for just over two months. My arm exercises are going nowhere. I'm stuck at 25lb. dumbbells. My arms feel sore and swollen after the work-out, and I focus on eating well and resting after to have a good recovery period - but every time I try to jump up to 30lbs. I start failing way too early in the set and I get pain (not soreness, pain) in my forearms that feels like tendonitis. It's a hinge joint. It can't be that complicated, right? Just do more curls?

So you're supposed to do as many reps as possible on the last set in GSLP, but aren't you supposed to do 1-5 reps if you want strength?

Squeeze your butt cheeks when you lift. Don't just let the strain be on the back of your knees

Squeeze other people's butt cheeks as well. Let 'em know they're doin' a good job.

thats what the first two sets are for. last one is mainly a slightly bigger hypertrophy stimulus and built in method to gauge progression, especially after deload

also its as many as possible with _flawless form_, grinding out reps to actual muscular failure will be detrimental

bump for op question, Id like to know too

You shouldn't need to train abs with that routine but you probably should go for it if you want a 6pack

>dumbbells
do a real program

Forearm tendinitis is killing me during OHP and bench. I'm taking ibuprofen like candy to control the inflammation but I don't want to destroy my liver and I also don't want to not lift.
What do

Ibuprofe each 8 hours and stop doing those exercises for 2 weeks, are you retarded,my nigga?

i personally eat about 200-300 cal more on work days than rest days, weekly average is still 500 over tdee

How do I convince my boyfriend to stop quarter repping? He thinks doing full ROM on anything is bs because then he can't lift as much. He just gets angry with me when I try to point it out or give suggestions. I want him to progress and be happy. What do?

Such as?

check the sticky

Squats, deadlifts, bench, row, and military press are all part of my routine on M/W/F. But I try to add in bi/tri exercises on those off days, with no real progress. I don't have the upper body strength to do pull-ups, unless they're negatives.

Are chips and popcorn alright snacks?

Popcorn ain't bad as long as it isn't coated in butter and salt. 93 calories per 3 cups of air popped. Microwave is shit
Chips? Fuck 'em

30lbs is 120% of 25. Of course you aren't going to be able to make that jump. If you want strength you need to use a barbell and progressive overload

>muh meds are killing my liver

Top fucking kek you autist. If ibuprofen killed your liver then alcohol wouldn't destroyed the human race a long time ago. Stop being such a little pussy

So I've cut down to 170 from 210, and I wanna start bulking soon to put on muscle mass.

My thing is I'm paranoid about gaining the weight back in fat and not muscle. How do I best avoid fat gain while bulking? Is simply eating clean while working out the solution to this?

>fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/02/briefing/3882b2_04_wyeth-ibuprophen.htm

I'm a medfag here. Aspirin, Ibuprofene and Acetaminophen literally kill off self medicating autist every week. People are fucking stupid and they take 10 - 20 pills a day.
I remember one patient who had been taking 2000 mg of aspirin every day for over a month and came to the emergency room because he had started losing a lot of weight and started vomiting blood, we do an endoscopy - mfw the motherfucker had destroyed his small intestine lining and stomach lining and was hemorrhaging.

>TL;DR: Take Noninflammatory meds as prescribed or indicated on the label and don't exceed treatment duration unless specified by a health care physician.

I lost already 6-7 kg am i still fat or normal? I dont even want to look fit i just want to be normal

you look like youre in that weird state after being fat for a while.

lose more weight. you look kinda fat still.

Same deficit or surplus but not same calories.

Also
>rest days
ISHIGGYDIGGYDOO

Im on it, ok thanks

Skinnyfat. You would look normal if youre american but fat almost everywhere else. If you are consistently losing weight just keep it up brah. Never settle for normal though, if you have the drive to do effectively something about it youre better than most, start training.

Unexpected kek. Spit out a little bit of my drink.

Yeah i just want to leave fat mode and be normal at least but i will never stop dieting and exercising again , thanks

Does a bj or sex count against nofap?

(Yes, I understand the difference but its an exercise in self-control.)

I know I don't feel the same lethargy as I do when fapping and my energy level is increased but i'm not sure if my brain is playing tricks on me in order to get more orgasm.

doesn't count

the point of nofap is for you to have sex

are you making progress on the big lifts? if yes you're still doing good since your arms already did more work prior to curls

183 pounds (84 kg) male

should I cut to 171 pounds (78 kg) first before I start lifting again? Seems like it's easier to just lose some weight now, then start bulking while lifting.

I've been adding 5-10lbs. each day I come back to one of the compound lifts. I've been really encouraged by the progress I've seen, especially on squats and deadlifts, but I've just been worried that I'm not doing the right things with my arms since those exercises feel stagnant.

I've been doing nofap very incorrectly

cut to low bodyfat then bulk

low gains but you get precious experience and you have strict goals instead of constantly arguing if you should cut or bulk

Start Lifting now regardless if you cut or not.

Would you advise having a 1500 kcal deficit and still doing a linear progression program?

I mean a 500 kcal deficit.

Differences between pullups/neutral grip & chin-ups? i.e. what does each grip emphasize more

I'm running a 500 kcal deficit, very strict macros and still making gains on lifting (3 day split over 5 days along with cardio and HIIT), body recomp is real

I would look worse if I didn't lift, probably lose less fat and it makes you feel great

You just have to get into the routine and watch for when you're low on energy. Doesn't hurt to go above the deficit now and then, you're gonna shed pounds anyway. Enough cals, protein and good rest is super important.

Is there a definitive "proper form" for Kroc rows? i want to start doing them because they seem fun but everyone seems to do them differently

i know that the wider the grip, the more lat activation you have

if you're grip is supinated, palms facing towards you, the pull-up/chin up activates more of your bicep

>mental gymnastics to justify sabotaging yourself
congratulations, you're a woman

Darwin award, let the fuckers die

still fat, but getting there. lift hard my guy

Yes.

>I've been on TRT for 6 months
>I had low T and levels were in the 200s
>Lost 45lbs in total weight in 6 months
>Haven't been in the gym at all
>I feel like I'm ready to start working out again
>I need a routine and schedule to follow
>Not willing to try 5/3/1 again
>Hoping for a 4 day body spit...
>What's the popular routine these days senpai?

do a linear progression program first for a couple of months to build up strength. Greyskulls is really good, maybe do the Pharkature version. Don't do the Veeky Forums one.

Don't ever post frogs again, or I will find you and kill you.

Have never rowed before but would like to add erging as sprint cardio to my workouts. Are there any specific distances/times milestones I should be trying to hit? I.e 2min/500meters

Redpill me on lunges. I'm doing gslp right now, but my entire lower body is shit so I want to add some more accessory work.

you wont magically stop making strength gains if you do 6 reps.
stop covering pain with painkillers. it may be worse than you think. also stop lifting you retard.
withhold sex until he goes atg squat.
very slow bulk.
its nofap not nosex.
kroc row is just dumbbell rows for higher reps. like 20 reps. when doing them just dont pull with bicep or yank your entire back backwards, you want slow controled upwards movement keeping back straight to hit rhomboids.
2min for 500 is good but i believe you want to hit 2 min for 500 continiously rather than just one burst. so you want to average that over 20 min basically instead of just one 2 min session.
lunges will apparently help fix anterior pelvic tilt.

Why does the sticky advocate +-500 calories instead of +-20% of maintenance?

What are some great ab exercises? Im switching up my routine and looking for ideas. Im dropping plate twists and planks while keeping hanging leg raises.

hanging leg raises and weighted planks

cable pulldown. decline bench situps, ab roller. also i may be doing it wrong but i found after front squats and lying tricep extension my abs are burning.

What do you eat every day?

How long will my gainz stay if I stopp working out?

Anyone here ever take Finasteride for hair loss? I'm on day 5 and my dick has this sort of "disconnected" feeling when I'm jerking off, and when I cum it just oozes out, where as before I would get 5 or 6 good ropes. It's also taking longer to cum.

Should I be worried?

you probably should get off it mate

unless you lay in a bed comatose for a year they wont be going away. they may lose pump but they will be there.
finasteride and rogaine are both estrogens and block testrogene. its gonna turn you into a trap user. there is no reverse for hair loss that doesnt block test production. just accept it and save 10k for a hair transplant.

>its gonna turn you into a trap user
impbying
Fin blocks DHT, not T

I've had a right shoulder problem since April, started lifting in July, realized my right arm was just as weak as when I started and did a few weeks of PT.
Doctor says it's just muscle tension so the PT hasn't improved it but said lifting wouldn't make it worse.

With that in mind, I compensate with my left arm on all barbell lifts. How can I mitigate this and correct my muscle imbalance?

Yeah finasteride does that (potentially permanently). If you really want to stay with the fina then it's time to hop on that there celltech

dumbbells for imbalance issues.

So do I replace all my barbell lifts with dumbbell equivalents? I'm still a beginner so I'm not sure of the best way to do things.

OKay 4tards explain this.
I stared going to the gym 2 months ago.
I gained 5 kg.
Been on a cut for half a year but i count my protein.
God tier genes or broken scale?

do both. i do barbell bench first then do 2-3 sets of dumbbell too, sometimes as lower weight but just to keep imbalances fixed.

water weight/inflammation/pump

or you're eating a lot more than you think you are

Are rest days a meme?

>Why does the sticky advocate +-500 calories instead of +-20% of maintenance?
bumped

probably because it's outdated.

Is it normal to get eye floaters when pushing yourself really hard on the weights?
Also is 6kg of muscle growth since the end of July a good pace?

ye mater eating more than i think i am when i can see abs.
>inflamation/pump
doesn't magically add you weight, and i weighted myself at work.
i doubt i can gain 5kgs water weight.

As a skinnyfat novice lifter...

I had a poor understanding of the common advice of "don't worry about getting fat, just go lift"

But... you're only a novice lifter once. There's 4-6 months of extremely fast growth if you're taking in the right nutrients. You can always recomp later when you have more muscle, and desu as a former fat dude I have to begrudgingly accept that I will always have a higher food drive than the rations I've seen my twinklet friends get through a day on.

do i have gyno lads

Tips no reducing waist size? Do stomach vacuums work? If so, how often and what volume would you recommend lads?

I'm having a hard time figuring out the balance between losing body fat and maintaining/gaining strength. Any advice?

No you are fat and weak keep training

90g protein 1300-1500kcal

yo Veeky Forums

It's been a long time, former lifter, current fatty here

I've seen some results in the last month losing weight (a stone so far) by essentially forgetting to eat

I have 1 meal a day, maybe less (just ate, last time I ate was 36 hours ago)

Is
>starvation mode
a meme??

I'm having no trouble doing this as I am basically just too lazy too cook, buy food, clean up after myself (just moved into a shared place, as a student on a tight budget)

other than feeling homeless a lot will I have any horrific detrimental effects?

cheers senpai

I added dibs to my routine but after a few times I got this sharp pain in my right shoulder/collarbone. Not during the dibs, but immediately after I finish my set. It wasn't that severe, so I did another 2 sets, but the pain got worse after each one, so I stopped with dibs for a while.
It's been over a week, but there's still this stinging pain in my shoulder/collarbone when I pull my right shoulder back. It's not that severe and doesn't interfere with the rest of my training. I can also hear and feel something cracking when I move my shoulder around in a specific motion, doesn't happen on the left side.
Should I go see a doctor about this or will this go away on it's own? Did I already fuck up?

So im a bit overweight. 6 foot 225 maybe, I want to man bod bulk mode. large muscles, eating whatever is manly. Get that sick SLIGHT bear mode with some billy Harrington muscle. MY QUESTION is Since im over weight, can I just change up my diet to have a lot more protien, obviously less crap food, but still keep the same calory amount i.e. eat whatever and just lift hard as fuck to get big. Does the fat stay or if I lift enough will i just grow and get swole. Lets say 2500 to 3000 cals a day. Will it get to a point where I will lose some fat and gain a bunch of muscle. even though im a bit chunk to start with.

How many fish oil tablet I'm supposed to eat every day...pic related this is what it say on the discription I'm thinking 2...

I'm on a cut. Do I need to pay close attention to the amount of training I do and adjust my caloric intake to that? I was doing fine working out and just aiming for 1500kcal/day for the past month, now I'm lifting or doing cardio/hiit 5 days a week and starting to struggle some days...

I know I shouldn't aim for intense strength gains but I want some quality in my workouts. Cutting is the main priority as I'm still pretty overweight, at least 25% BF

doe getting an erection make work out difficult or better?
I haven't fapped for 14 months, however I avoid erections too(i know my foreskin with a thin string),but "tantric" TurboChad says sexual energy can be harvasted and not attacked

tl;dr should I read a doujin before each training session?

as long as you get your protons you should be fine, make sure you to eat before work out(not too soon obv) so you got energy.

Am I big enough to wear this to a rave? Would Veeky Forums advise it or would I be a cunt?

Enough to get 1 gram of DHA+EPA per day. More or less.

Sure. Why not.

notsureifserious.gif

Sorry I'm an idiot. 5'10 btw

im quite serious.
coaches tell the kids not to fap but what about an erection??

does it improve intensity cause MUH EVOLUTONARY DRIVE?

I'm looking to get a lean muscular look but I have a problem, the first thing I'm gearing for is abs which I have to lose more weight to get to, I'm 6'1 170lbs. The problem is that I dont want to lose too much weight that my clothes wont fit me anymore and my clothes were really expensive, I wear medium and I dont want to go small.

I guess my question is, when I lose more weight to get abs, will I go down another shirt size? or when I try to get more muscles after the abs then I would fill back into medium later with muscle?

basicgrowth.com/harnessing-transforming-sexual-energy/

I'm currently doing a PPL training routine
Will doing cardio/HIIT on the rest days hurt my gains? I really enjoy moderate and intense cardio, so what's the best way to incorporate them into my routine without fucking up my recovery time?

Starting to do some bodyweight stuff and I need a pull-up bar, how does this look?

amazon.co.uk/GM-Door-Gym-Black-Large/dp/B003TTUGRQ/ref=sr_1_6?s=fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1510440502&sr=1-6&keywords=pull up bar

I'll be using my own screws

Is 5/3/1 ok for beginner?

What's the most Veeky Forumsbro vacation?