thanks for listing the only valid squat variations

I go to this Brooklyn gym

Imma be watching you from now on

>forward knee travel
>forever handling 4 plates or less

Ayyyy. I knew one of you was on here

you wouldn't suspect me because I'm doing a bro split

paraLEL
Because i dont need validation from a bunch of homos, substance abusers neet cucks who circle jerk on the chan.
Also my femur head doesnt like atg for some reason.

If I'm doing high bar, ass to grass
If I'm doing low bar, paralel because of muh butt wink
And front squats I only do it light to warm up sometimes and I go ATG

Front squats and, to a lesser degree, highbar squats, are quad dominant. Quads extend the knee joint. If you're going to do these extercises, get your booty on the (dance) floor.

Lowbar squats require tension in said booty and hamstrings. Go until they get taught, and then stand up. This is usually just below parallel.

Tbh high bar squats is just as good as low bar for booty

>t. person who has never gone past parallel with heavy weights

Actually quarter squatting will fuck your knees more thant if you go ATG

most stress on the knees is actually above parallel

why thw fuck would you take pics of randoms in the gym you creep fuck

I know this is bait but the point in which you change direction in the lift is where the weight is heaviest. So if you are not going at least 90° and using your hip flexors you will be using your knees to push the majority of the weight up.

isn't he the guy posting?

I used to sink my squats atg as fuck but I can't hip hinge for shit, so I'd always get large amounts of butt wink deep in the hole. That butt wink made me lose tightness and made my sticking point absolute hell to get through

So now I squat just below/at parallel and it feels insanely better because I don't have to lose tightness and re-gain tightness out of the hole.

ATG is a fucking meme if you can't hip hinge well

Every ROM is full ROM

>pics of randoms
this is me, user

I can't squat below parallell due to buttwink.

I'm trying to fix it but my progress is extremely slow. It's so bad I can almost bench press more than I can squat highbar.

Also I can't frontsquat because I can't get my arms into position. My mobility sucks.

Feelsbadman.

Anyone got any tips?

Simple, just squat barely below parallel. ATG is useless if you have buttwink like I also do. No one fucking cares as long as you don't squat above parallel

Front squats, just force that front rack position. Your wrists will hurt like shit for a little but you'll get used to it the more you do it. If you really can't do it well, start with just one finger around the bar, then gradually add more fingers until you take a full grip. Consciously keep those elbows up. It worked for me

This is unironically true for quarter squats

This post is accurate if you reverse it

90 degrees only. I enjoy having functioning knees

This is true. Anyone who says it does more to your knees means they aren't properly distributing weight and using their ads correctly

Literally this. I squat 480 at the moment and I had Twinkies who can't squat two plates tell me it's better for gains to go all the way down....

Why isn't the barbell on his back in that picture..?

What is the best way to avoid buttwinking?

dont squat

Because it's on my front

well if you quarter squat like im sure you are then they are right. the fact that you're not fucing the gym twink means you are quarter squatting.

You shouldn't squat high bar atg if you have shit mobility. You will fuck up your knees in the long run. Especially if you spend most of your time sitting.

I squat down until I can drag my ass across the floor and mark the power cage as my territory and ward off gains goblins.

This advise seems rather obtuse.

I squat to parallel. Anything deeper is detrimental to muscle growth.

So no Zerchers then?

>frontsquatting lmao expecting me to care about anything you have to say about anything

show me one study that proves ATG is even a 5% difference than parallel
what's that? what do you mean you can't??

>not an overhead squat

liftlets would wast their time with that trash

Have fun with your knee injury

I don't squat because reasons but when I did I would always go ass to grass because I could never stop just below parallel. It's probably due to my slav genetics

Parallel for anything above 3 reps
ATG just really fucks with my adductors

Just past parallel. You have to relax your hamstrings at A2G and remove them from the equation. Barely passing parallel keeps them engaged and involves the most musculature.

This. Atg will always use some momentum in pushing weight back up, which makes them easier. Just a bit below parallel prevents resting at the bottom.

Daily reminder if you're front squatting 185 and it's not kg then you don't know shit and you shouldn't be making threads

if you squat so low that your knees track over your toes you’re fucking up your knee caps permanently
t. medicalfag

>current year
>squatting
laughingsluts.gif

Daily reminder manlets walk around atg

>Ass
>To
>GRASS!

I put as much weight as possible then squat so low that the fabric of my pants is lightly touching the floor then I slowly stand up straight with perfect form.

yeah right, no way my spine would survive that. I just do parallels with light weights.

Post quads, you're probably a leglet.

leglet spotted.

>You wont fuck up your knees badly if you go over 90° with heavier weights
>Youll fuck up your knees badly if you go under 90° with heavier weights
>Youll fuck up your knees badly if you go over 90° with lighter weights
am i the dumb? what do i reverse?

How should I squat if I want to focus on quads? I usually do low bar and squat a little below parallel. I can onli squat like 1 pl8 and my legs look like shit.

I have a specially constructed hole in the middle of my rack that is about 3 feet deep. On every set, I unrack the bar, and then kick out my legs so that my ass gets wedged in the hole with my feet sticking out and pointing at the ceiling. Then I complete the rep. If you only squat ass to grass, then you are a cheating pussy.

>knee 3 inches out past toes
just fuck my meniscus up

ATG if im doing singles

parallel for sets of 5

You can feel the weight shift to your glutes you fucking faggot. You've never squatted heavy

What the fuck would someone who doesn't even squat 225 know?

Then you have to push that energy back up them to complete one rep. Throwing your knees out and treating stressing them out wears out that cartilage. You might not think much about it now, but you will when age takes your ass.

Oh

>every rep is a max attempt

wanna know how i know you're a dyel?

Quarter squatting actually puts greater shear force on your connective tissue than squatting deep, although it does increase the compressive force applied at the knee this is much less likely to injure you, if you're going to squat at all then you should squat deep with proper form

You know, it's possible to not hit your 1 rep max every single time you preform a rep for a camera
The pic was a cool down after a 1rep max
t. op

That's how squats work retard, you go down and then have to use energy to get back up. Your knees will bend in this process. Because you gotta bend them to go down. But don't worry, they won't stay bent. They're actually designed to go back to straight. Fucking crazy right? Just make sure you break at the hips so your knees don't go in front of your feet. That'll fuck your knees.

>I can't squat 2pl8
lmaoing at it life

This post is just dripping with broscience

How the fuck is explaining how squats work broscience.

>explaining how squats work

I only go to parallel or slightly lower

You seemed confused about the knee bending part so I thought I'd break it down for you

Thanks brofessor

A couple inches below parallel. If I stop at parallel it bothers my right knee.

No problem. Now post a picture of yourself so that I can further tailor my advice for you

>being wrong

has to be bait

I don't do that shitty meme exercise anymore and I used to do 3.5pl8 atg for reps

hehe

wtf do you have to stretch to have your back that straight in a front squat, namly the upper back.

tbf I've ditched all squatting in favour of zercher squats
my arse actually touches the floor and my quads burn like Elton john after he dies

how could you possibly go all the way down without knees going over feet

your knees go vertical when you drop below parallel and finish up pointing at the roof

the ops image literally shows this isnt the case

some people are more inclined to squat and have the knees creep over their feet. these are usually people that can asian squat well

others don't and furthermore can't asian squat
it has to to with tendons n shit

rule of thumb is to not let ur knees go over ur toes but if you're watching your form and movement a little leeway doesnt hurt

You're fucking retarded, try putting the barbell a little higher, or front squatting, and see where your knees go

about 2.5 feet

I go as low as possible. My priority is perfect Olympic form. Weight is secondary.

>going past parallel

Enjoy fucked up knees.

This isn't a back squat though. The reason you do it is for power and thrust. A real squat should be about muscle focus.

yea if it doesn't feel right to squat ATG there's no reason to as long as you're hitting parallel, anyone who says otherwise is a retard

i just like to high bar atg because it feels godlike

weightlifters have massive quad development from A) doing lots of squatting through the lifts, and definitely B) keeping knees forward during their squats which emphasizes the quads.

literally all "muscle focus"

a quick google search will show you its around 20% more effective

split squats

Do I pass the test?