Red pill me on back extensions

Red pill me on back extensions

They're good.

Make sure to be holding a pl8.

You'll still be a manlet no matter how many you do

Will these help me increase my deadlift?

My lower back pinches like hell every time I do these, even one rep bodyweight. I'm dyel. What's the right way to do these?

yes sir. very much

probably. will at the very least strengthen your lower back.

it is usually included in SS program, so...

How come these dont feel like I'm doing anything?

I hold a 45lb plate and it still feels like nothing? Like I could easily do 20+ more reps? What am I doing wrong?

Whats your DL?

Worthless exercise.

If you want to improve your deadlift, do deadlifts

>b-but muh isolations

They're worthless if your not training for a specific sport where you need specific power/strength/explosiveness in a certain muscle group.

If your just training for overall muscular development and strength, just do the main compound lifts (Squats, Bench, Deadlift, Rows, Chins, Press)

>strengthening your lower back is useless
youre a retard

Boxers do them all the time

>isolations are worthless

yep just another dyel geek, nothing to see here folks

Sounds bad man get ur gf to massage ur back
>oh wait

To parallel. If you bow back too far you can hyper extend your back (which despite the other name of "Hyperextensions" you should not be aiming for).

Ice Cream Fitness has them.

That said I recently found I desperately need to be doing them since my abs are almost twice as strong as my lower back.

Add more sets for volume?

I'm not doing them to improve my deadlift but rather strengthen my rather weak lower back so I can lessen my back pain in my day to day life.

Dont deadlifts help? I used to have bad lumbago till i started deadlifting.

bend at the hip, not the low back. bend your knees a little to loosen the hamstrings and get more hip ROM.

google "stuart mcgill big three" or "back mechanic"

much better for dealing with back pain than that exercise

I'm doing both. I'm using the back extensions to give my lower back extra volume as it tends to be one of my weak points for any core bracing lift.

make sure you're holding a loaded barbell*
also use a snatch grip so you have more ROM at the bottom

Do you do isolations before or after compound exercises? I know you can warmup your core before, but don't know about isolations.

Do a more productive lift like rdls or something. I only do back or glute extensions if my back is feeling tweaky after a dull work out.

I'll admit, the last half year, I haven't done any lower back exercises

Just rows, pull ups etc.

I'd probably benefit from starting DL'ing again, but
I'm too much of a pussy/gotta learn that form

yeah if you train the muscles instead of straining your body you can avoid those after performing enough proper form back extensions