Mid day on a Sunday

>Mid day on a Sunday.
>Only a handful of regulars in the gym.
>Music turned down to 5% volume, about as loud as background music in a cafe.
>Fat woman trundles in, connects her phone to the speakers and starts absolutely blasting autotuned nigger music.
>Does bodyweight exercises in front of the mirror for a quarter of an hour and then trundles off again.

Why do they do this?

>going to gym to do calisthenics
It is sad that most normies think that bodyweight exercises are more effective than barbell exercises or that gyms only make you bigger but not functionally stronger
I hope they can escape their delusions one they to achieve more gains

Just wait till Jan 1st.

>tfw looking forward to the mires but not the quartersquatting dyels who take the racks

are you seriously telling me you didn't stand up to a fat woman? she deserves to rule the soundspace if you're all too beta to do anything about it

When you're over 15 years old, you tend to avoid trying to be the big tough cunt for no reason.

Pls no

it's my first year in a commercial normie gym, i am not looking forward to this one bit (3 years at uni gym, noticeable but bareable there)

>It is sad that most normies think that bodyweight exercises are more effective than barbell exercises or that gyms only make you bigger but not functionally stronger
Calisthenics are effective if you actually progress into more advanced movements and training. You may not be able to get AS strong or huge as with lifting, but you can learn to master your body and get the benefit of being able to train wherever the fuck you want.

most people are too afraid to practice form in public and look DYEL so they ever even start lifting

Could be cardio/rest day for her user, don’t be so judgy. I went to the gym today (rest day) and erged 1km, 3x500m then did a slow jog then minimal accessories. You don’t have to go hard everyday you’re at the gym if it’s an off day.

But, why come to the gym?

It was a nice day, 30C.
You could do what she did, anywhere, but still, she decided to come to the gym and ruin the atmosphere.

The nice gym atmosphere is both motivating and comfortable.

Because noone tells them to do otherwise. You could've just waltzed over there and ask her politely to lower the volume to whatever levels they were before.

It's a strength gym, with a very small cardio section, no AC and an attached Crossfit room.
Usually people like her end up in the Crossfit room doing meme shit, instead of taking up bench space or a rack.

>gyms only make you bigger but not functionally stronger
It's true. I once argued with a couple of my friends who were hell-bent on protecting their stance that "protein [esp. protein powder] makes you balloon up without making you any stronger". They were attesting that gym-people aren't able to even "lift a cabinet if their life depended on it". (Btw we're talking about men whose 1RM on bench is

how is there not one comment about a random customer being able to control the music in here??

>How to spot a commercial gym goer.
It's a small, single outlet gym, main focus being a strength gym.
Equipment is simple and solid, music is just a few speakers spread out across the gym.

Anyone can choose the radio station, volume or if they want to, plug in their own device/cd.
We once left it on repeats blasting Barbie Girl by Aqua during an amateur training meet.

>someone is being obnoxious
>tell them politely to stop
>"big tough cunt"
Beta spotted.

Maybe it's motivating and comfortable to her anyway?

I have a part time job at ppanet fitness. Its going to be hell and i deserve it

>Planet fitness opening near me
Should I apply?

>wasting your time with a job
Have fun never making it breh

jesus, guys on this board are really pathetic

No excuse for noise pollution.