A mysterious man comes up to you and tells you that in exactly six months time you will have to fight a full grown...

A mysterious man comes up to you and tells you that in exactly six months time you will have to fight a full grown grizzly bear. The fight will take place in a small arena, running is not an option. Your weapons are a large hunting knife and a quarterstaff.

How do you prepare for the next half a year?

Kill myself with a knife. There is now way to outperform a bear.

I ignore him and live life as normal because the odds he is not just a lunatic are essentially zero.

I go on a dreamer bulk.

/fraud/ the fuck up, and figure out how to bind the knife to the staff to make a spear. Once I've made a spear, it shouldn't be THAT bad.

Learn everything I can about bears. Do speed training/plyometrics. Lifting and cardio won't help. The fight will be over within the first 3 seconds win or lose

/fraud/ as fuck and then have my face torn off by the bear with one quick swoop

I always carry around a one shot shotgun shell finger gun barrel in my anus and hope it will be enough to kill the bear.

do nothing for six months but eat prunes
bear fight starts, shit self, cover self in shit
bears dont eat things covered in shit
wait until it falls asleep
cut throat

and thats how you beat a bear

This is literally the only answer. A human with an unlimited budget and diplomatic immunitym wouldnt even be able to get half as strong as even an average full grown grizzly. A human being simply cannot outperform a bear in strength. Your literal ONLY chance is an extraordinarily lucky stab before he really tears into you. Even if you kill him, which is unlikely, there is a very good chance you will bleed out too.

This is the most realistic answer though.

>Your weapons are a large hunting knife and a quarterstaff

Attach the knife to the staff, you have a spear now. Plant the spear into the ground and let the bear come at you. Point the sharp end towards it's neck or face. The bear's force will drive the spear through its spine.

Look up spear techniques
Romans, middle age europoors, samurais, all used it differently and im sure i could pull it out with a staff, knife clothes and hair
i would be a naked berserker spearmen lunging to glory

Genuinely impressed user

read a book

Once more into the fray

What are the odds of being able to beat a wolf one on one with a knife? Is the strat to give it your other arm to bite onto and hope your adrenaline stops it from hurting unbearably while you stab it in the side of a throat?

With a knife probably like 95%. A human would actually have a chance against a wolf unarmed.

Id just cuddle him. Bears are so great i never could kill one

Now I want to run trials to see a single person's survival percentage versus 1, 2, 3, and 4 wolves.
I assume 4 wolves is 0, but is that a dramatic decrease from 3 or is 3 already a lot?

Wolves are pack animals, they have an inborn knowledge of effective hunting techniques once they've got buddies. any more than one wolf is game over, man. game over.

what does having diplomatic immunity have to do with anything? i died laughing at that.

obviously tie the knife to the end of the quarterstaff.

Can get away with draining the blood from tigers to inject themselves with and other high-tier /fraud/ tactics.

I would carry acid like powder in my pocket to blind the bear. Then make shift a spear and slowly stab it to death *_*

Basically this, wolves will encircle you, one will bite your shin or balls, then as soon as you turn around the other one will finish you off by lunging at your neck. The safest thing you can do is back against a wall.

I take the quarterstaff and shove a quarter of it up the mysterious mans ass

I dont play by no suckers rules.

he starts moaning, mysteriously

I think the best way to fight a bear is to get another guy to come with you(preferably a jew) make sure he is slower than you. Then run like fuck when the other guy is getting clawed to death by the bear.

Because all you need to be is faster than the slowest person in a group to survive a bear attack

as much tren deca test slin and HGH as humanely possible and the bear will die