Be in my group of friends

>be in my group of friends
>5 guys 4 girls
>go to a park before heading home
>we're all bored so I do 14 pull ups with full ROM on a swing like it was nothing
>all girls jaw-drop
>two of the guys try doing the same
>can't do more than 2 chinups with shit form and half ROM

It's that easy. And I've only been lifting for 5 months from skinny mode

good job user, you got your first mire

what is ROM?

Range of motion.

range of motion

nice blog skelly.

How did you achieve that

Read-only-memory

He's done 5 months from skinny mode. Keep it up OP. Don't let that number drop after gaining weight.

If you're skinny pullups and dips are easy

I swear after working out for 1 month I could do 10 pullups in a row and like 20 dips

skinnyfat here, can maybe do 3 pull ups at max

do compound lifts help?

Nice, faggot. Next time try it when you weigh 220 lbs, twink.

This. Knew a skinny 150 lbs or so guy that doesnt train at all and he could rep out 12 easy pullups

Get a bar at home and do chins daily. Time and consistency in training helps.

can i do chins with a roof beam? hands dont fit around it but most of it or will i just hurt my fingers

there's always that guy who tries to outdo you by doing 2 inch ROM chin ups and sometimes normies believe him. fuck that guy

I don't know, try it.

OP here
I'm doing weighted 3x8 pull ups at least twice a week sometimes 3 (3x fullbody routine)
with 19kg added
we're all gonna make it

Yes to an extent of what you are doing, if you want to do more pull ups, do more pull ups

rows too

sick forearm workout

but yeah unless you're weak as fuark that'll mostly work your hands and forearms

oh well... back to compounds then

i think the real factor to consider here is how it feels. if you can get your thumbs a good way around the bottom, it might work

Yeah, do that. If you keep progressing on that you'll probably be able to knock out even more on a bar, since you won't have to worry as much about grip with your big beefy forearms.

Also look into greasing the groove if you just want your pull-ups to improve quickly

you didnt get laid tho lmao

alright will do

I got tendonitis in my left bicep from grease the groove, just don't over do it, it's been 2years since and I still have dull aches sometimes

pull ups (pronated) are safer for the bicep than chin ups (supinated) tho

Yeah? And?

Im a skinny ass skeleton dyel and I can do more than all my buff ass friends. But they could still beat the shit out of me.

pullups are either easy because you're strong or you're pathetically small

I weight 90kg and I can do 20 pull-ups fairly easily. Weighted pull-ups are one of the best exercises for lats so I don't see why anyone would ever stop training them

kek

pull up is the most alpha exercise

rows and pullups are the most alpha exercises

Random Online Men

I used to do 27 a year ago, now I’m down to like 10
Feels bad man

Pullips are the most alpha cos there's sole dudes at the gym that can bench a couple plates or do loads of leg press but have a real hard time kek doing some full rom pull ups or leg lifts or other shit where mass works against them then they go home and cry

Do negatives

Used to do those in my garage all the time, wrapping the beam in a towel helps since the limiting factor is how much the beam is cutting into your hands

It's quite fast progress on chinups for me. Still not your level though.

I'm 88 kg and 185cm. I can do 24 chin-ups, 14 pulls-ups.

Just grease the groove. same for push-ups.

>skinny mode
no one cares how many pullups you do when youre a skelly

you either do half-reps, kips or have no legs

i-is this a roll thread?

At 6'2" and 240lbs I can do 6 pull ups and 15 dips. Nice job with 14 though skelly

Thoughts on doing weighted chinups at the gym and greasing the groove pullups (wide grip) at home? Would I be better off doing only chinups?

greased the goove doing one or two evey time I went in or out of my dorm room. Went from 3 to 27 in a couple months. 180 lbs.

I phrased it poorly I think.
I'm already doing weighted chinups at the gym, 1pl8 for reps. We just got a pullup bar at home, so if I were to start greasing the groove, I wonder if I'd benefit more from doing chinups or pullups?
Chinups would probably make my weighted chinup stronger, which would in theory be better for my lats, but pullups would also be good because I'd train more of my back as well.

Why should he? i weigh 90kg at 183 and I can do 20 deadhang pull ups and a 170kg squat

do both. plus mixed grip and vary grip width and range of motion. sometimes just touch your chest to the bar from couple inches away, other times do dead hang revers shrugs with just your scapulas. and everything in between.

Just laugh and say 'You call that a chin up?'

>14 pullups
>makes normies jaw drop
Normies really are in shit shape

I really enjoy pull ups/chin ups/muscle ups and want to knock out a few every time I see a bar, but i only will at night if nobody is around because i feel like a show-offy douche doing them outside of a gym.

except rows are superior

The average american young adult around 23 years of age thinks he's physically fit (63% think so), yet is around 200lbs, can bench press 135lbs for a 1RM AND can only do ONE PULLUP..

Think about this shit for a second.

>Vertical pull
>better than a horizontal pull.

Do you tell people bench press is superior to overhead pressing too?

horizontal pulls targeting your upper back (the part of the back that actually makes you look big) will make you blow up, make your posture better, and the thing about training the upper back with horizontal pulls is you'll get good lats from it too.

vertical pulls like wide grip pullups lead to kyphotic posture and just put unneeded stress on the joints, with no added benefit over rows.

the close grip chin up is the only vertical pull worth doing because it's the best vertical pull to build lats due to the long range of motion and bottom stretch.
But you still won't get the full package and upper back gains that rows will give you.

but horizontal presses are superior to vertical presses

skelly life huh

>warming up doing pullups on jungle gym (? the indoors ones crosshitters like to use), do 10 reps
>some skelly kid comes and does like 15 then gives me a smug glance
>start loading up my belt, get up to 8 x 30kg
>meanwhile kid got a dumbbell and tried and failed to do any full reps with ~ 14kg db

weighted pullups and chins are severely underrated, barely anyone does them and they prefer to use machines for back instead. i guess dyels see the guys on gear using machines and figure that's how they got so big lmao

>not doing both

autistic routine fags are the worst. change things up a bit once in a while and do a mixture of similar movements or you'll quit lifting after a year.

there is no way in hell the average american male can do a pullup, just no fucking way

Non derogatory term for gypsy in croatian

push press has the most carryover to other exercises of all pressing movements according to pendlay

Horizontal presses and vertical pulls (aka bench press and weighted pullups) are what noobs think will lead to great aesthetics when all it will really do is lead to kyphotic posture and shoulder pain. A big chest does nothing for your frame. Big delts and back however do wonders.

if you want aesthetics focus on vertical presses and horizontal pulls. this results in incredible posture, well developed delts and upper back, and no pain.

>weighted pullups and chins are severely underrated, barely anyone does them
I'm quite fond of them myself, but they can be hell on the pec tendons if you have old injuries there or you're benching heavy on a regular basis.

i'm sure you'll back this up with a picture of your body
this

Cigan

didn't say vertical pulls are bad, in fact they're great for traction of the spine

i think getting a heavy weighted chin up is still worth it for lat development especially for novices, but you can't be the jack of all trades, the chin ups will interfere with the rows and vice versa

>i'm sure you'll back this up with a picture of your body

don't need to, it's perfectly common sense. How many people complain about lagging chest even after getting a respectable bench? You can focus on benching for years and big lats and still look DYEL.

It's impossible to look DYEL with big delts and upper back.

This
Also referred to as Cigan in northern parts and in Slovenia

Often called cigos and mixed with čefurs
Though of similar looks, they operate on different frequencies and their behavior isn't all that similar

Mostly spotted driving Audis, BMWs and benz

When getting in a fight with one, check the trunk
There's always at least 5 backup rounds

yep, i felt a pop in my sternum area when i was doing 105x8 weighted chins and it felt like i couldn't breathe

had a panic attack called an ambulance but later they told it wasn't anything major, just to be more careful

>Negatives
What

flat bench and overhead pressing both primarily recruit the front delt, and you will always be able to bench more that you can strict ohp unless youre a freak. The argument that ohp is somehow better because it makes your delts bigger is dumb, side delts and rear delts are barely hit during ohp, youre much better off focusing on side laterals and face pulls. I agree on horizontal pulls however, I just would never want to be in a situation where I cant perform at least 10 strict pullups for my own ego. I think we can all agree dips are the best pressing movement anyway.

try ganfer

jeez that's a lot of fukkin weight pardner

mirin but yeah I usually just do them as a light accessory for this very reason

jump or climb up to the top and lower yourself slowly

I don't actually like negatives that much if you can already do even a few pullups. Better to accumulate volume with easy sets--if that means doing fifteen or twenty singles, that's fine. If you want to do something besides that, pulldowns and curls in the 3-5x8-10 range will probably work better than negatives.

Tbh if you wanna for more pullups just keep doing them until it's easier. With good form, they're the best

Ciganin here

do assisted pullups or lat pulldown until you can do more

balance out your bench with controlled BB or DB rows for further lat and rear delt development

Ragnarok online multiplayer

i'm not talking about strictly doing the standard OHP. I'm saying to focus on it, meaning all variations of it, z-press, wide press, behind the neck, pin press, one arm db, log press, football bar. Seated dumbell ohp works delts extremely more effectively than benching.

>side delts and rear delts are barely hit during ohp
> youre much better off focusing on side raises and facepulls

not so sure about that, hold your delt muscle and mimick the movement of a side raise, and then mimick the movement of a shoulder press. its a very similar feeling in the side delt. Laterals and shitloads of rear delt volume are definitely a key part of the equation but you need OHP for the complete package. I know that Kinobody mentioned that he lost significant shoulder size dropping the presses and focusing only on lateral raises.

Random Occess Memory

>jeez that's a lot of fukkin weight pardner
mirin but yeah I usually just do them as a light accessory for this very reason

i don't think its inherently dangerous to use heavy weight on them, but it is dangerous to push yourself too far on them. the last 2 reps in that set of 8 were done using a ton of body momentum.

and you still went home and jerked off into your sock

sage not fitness related

You only get better at doing Pullups by doing Pullups

>Went from 60kg to 97kg as max weight
>Hit 18 full Pullups at like 95kg
>Couldn't even do a half chin-up at 60kg

Random Oxidation Masturbation

Pull-ups are really easy if you're a skelly though, my max was 16 when i was a hyper-dyel 65kg sticc

yeah, but pull-ups look cooler

Replytothispost Oryour Motherdiesinhersleeptonight

Kek

OHP hits primarily front delts and is limited in loading by them, some triceps (not as hard as bench variations), little bit of upper chest, not super effective at hitting lateral delts or rear delts

bench hits chest, triceps with much heavier loading (because not as front delt limited), and you get some front delts too

looks like bench is the superior mass builder for the upper body pressing muscles

The only reason you can do that many pull ups is because you're small, probably 142 pounds or something

>average american male can bench one plate and do one pull up
[X]doubt

I'm sure they can, just with shit ROM.

over the past weeks I have gained a lot of experience in exactly this
basically you will get callouses which is nice but before that happens you will fucking hate yourself because your hands are bleeding all the time. it gets better but still your hands don't fit totally around it so you're hanging from a cliff so to speak, which still hurts your hands even if they're calloused and don't bleed anymore. actually sometimes you will notice bleeding where the skin hasn't been broken.
so basically it really sucks but it's ok I guess I mean it works sort of

Personally I've never had a problem, but I guess it depends on your mobility and how controlled the movement is.

remotely operated machine

>210 lbs
>can do ~8 pull ups
How many should I be able to do when I get back down to a respectable lean weight of 160-170?

fuck

Dear blog,

I used to do pull ups all the time, pinched nerve has put me on time out for weeks.

I'm now rehabilitating back to my old strength again with assisted pulls ups.

OP, don't fuck up your posture or you end like me.

What if your posture is already fucked up