Symmetric strength thread

lavender rings- how to train these muscles? how to make them count for symmetric strength?

turquoise rings- are these not muscles?

also symmetric strength thread

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-leg-glute-and-calf-exercises
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

mine. should i increase the frequency of bench - chin-ups vs squats & deadlifts, or should i just assume that since by lower body is more developed now, it will progress relatively slower than upper and that in the end i will reach 'symmetry'?

for whatever reason it says my chin ups as "proficient" when i can only do 7 of them. i did use my chin up bar before starting my lifting program so maybe that's why. but maybe just doing chin ups to failure once a day would be enough? for lats and biceps anyway

squats are plenty for most people if you get full ankle flexion. of not, heavy one leg calf raises are good.

t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-leg-glute-and-calf-exercises

look into grease the groove

If you select deadlifts, sumo deadlifts, and power cleans it counts calves

Also turquiose rings are tendons and the scapula

i did select deadlifts and they're still greyed out. so maybe i should do sumo?

how did you fuck up so much, you're like a rainbow

You have to select all three floor pulls for Symmetric Strength to count calves.

did chin ups and pull ups for months before starting lifting program. when i got the bar all i could do was hang from it, then i did negatives, and felt really excited when i could do one real chin up. now i'm up to 7 bodyweight. gonna try for 8 today.

when i lift i focus on squats and deadlifts. when i bench i don't add much weight and for OHP i'm still doing just the bar. deadlift weight shot up fast but i stalled with squats for a long time.

that's why i'm a rainbow, i guess.

oh i see. why is that? i have no interest in doing cleans so i guess my calves will just always be grey.

75 days into training.
OHP: 50KG (5x5)
Squat: 115KG (5x5)
Deadlift: 120KG (1x5)
Bench: 65 (for 10 reps)

What website is this? I have seen it somewhere before.

Something tells me you are not hitting proper depth on squats.

Do people really say they're a woman in this test to get better results? :o

anyway i think my main goal until the end of year is to get bench to 2pl8. i make sure that i hit pecs at least 2x week and that my nutrition is as close to optimum as possible. getting chin-ups up is second goal, perhaps i'll move onto pull-ups when i can do 12 of chin-ups. obv still gonna continue squatting and deadlifting as well, but if for whatever reason i need to miss a workout, i make sure it is not push / pull.

>doesnt even bother to read the fucking OP post.
>doesnt take time to think before asking

pls leave

L O N D O N

I don't have time for that shit. I was just scrolling through and it caught my eye.

can't fucking bench bros, it just feels so off lately and weak as fuck in it.. think ima just start doing incline DB press as main movement on push days.

nah, i am. the power rack I squat in is in front of the mirror, my bum always falls below the level of my knees. I used to go ass to grass up to 100KG, but took my stance wider coz of ankle flexibility issues making my shins hurt.

I do have good leverages for the squat (long torso, short legs) and am 6'0", 100KG.

add in DB benching and chest flies. start with something like 40KG in each hand and build your chest up.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

I tried flat DB bench but it just feels so off.. I feel so unstable when I lay down with them and I can't get my form right/shoulders back etc and also balance feels way off. And that was with 30kg dumbbells I tried... That's why I'm thinking about doing incline DB cause that feels more stable/easier to get in position with. The problem then arises though that I'll mostly hit upper chest and not really the rest of the chest.
I Already do cable flies also every push day.

How long have you been lifting? My bench is at 90kg+, and my OHP at only like 55kg. I am basically your polar opposite.

I've been lifting for 1 year right now, started november last year. And yeah, my OHP being good is just genetically good shoulders I guess, it has always been my best lift. As for how I train it, nothing special, I start with heavier OHP for 5x5 as the main lift on my first push day and do lighter ones for 4x8-10 on my second push day as an accessory lift (pplpplx schedule). I remember doing like 5x5 50kg OHP when my bench was 70kg 5x5 or something so yeah, don't really have any special advice for it.

>turquoise rings
Posterior deltoids- face pulls or reverse pec deck

I am at 4 months. I just recently started doing OHP so it will probably grow fast enough, I substituted it for seated dumbell press. I was doing 22kg dumbells for 10 reps, any idea what yours is?

My bench has grown really quickly in just the last month and a half. Was struggling with 55kg x 10, now I am doing 70kg x 10 for sets. Hit chest three times a week.

I have no idea what my dumbbell OHP is, never tried it as I don't see a reason to.

What color is out of dyel mode?

What color is "made it" mode?

I would say intermediate/proficient is out of dyel mode. Exceptional and nearing into elite is "made it", although that takes years of training.

if you add in push press then your calf's will be couloured in.
Just hit calfs with volume, know one cares how much 'ya calf raise brah'

lol no, proficient is barely starting to leave DYEL mode. sure, you and your family might tell, but you will not be swole

advanced is definitely "making it" territory

Why would leaving DYEL and "made it" be pretty much the same category? "Made it" should be your natty limit (or close enough), which definitely requires at least exceptional.

I am just under proficient in all categories (4 months training), and I am bigger than 95% of the people in my year.

top kek

why is this funny? it's literally where i'm at :(