Sleep for Max Gains

How many here actually sleep well? Shitty sleep is one of the fastest ways to kill your gains. I was doing everything to improve my sleep, but it was still shit for the longest time. Changing my pillow instantly improved the quality of my sleep, got rid of my neck pain, and either completely halted or significantly mitigated my teeth grinding (which is a symptom of obstructive sleep apnea)

Quick tips:

>Go to bed around the same time every night if at all possible
>Have a good mattress, or at least some decent memory foam
>Have a good pillow (a shitty pillow can reduce how much oxygen you are getting in your sleep by obstructing your airway due to a shitty head angle, which will yield shitty sleep)
>Avoid electronics close to bed time or make sure your electronics have those blue light filters (e.g. f.lux)
>Make sure your light bulbs emit Open up your windows a bit before going to bed and let the fresh air circulate your room
>Sleep naked or only in underwear
>Do rhythmic breathing or deep breathing before bed to activate parasympathetic nervous system and fall asleep faster
>Yawning also helps activate parasympathetic nervous system

Sleep is one of your greatest allies in your Veeky Forumsness journey; don't underestimate. Don't be a cuck who loses potential gains because you can't get a good night's sleep.

Waking up at the same time every day is just as important than going to bed at the same time, if not moreso. Do both for maximum good sleepies

Yes! I should have mentioned that as well, but they typically go together.

What is your head position like now?
Do you sleep on your side?

I think I might have apnea but if I go to the doctor they'll just try to sell me some retarded machine.

My sleep position is the same (I'm a side sleeper), but my pillow just didn't have enough support for my head and neck. Changing it out for something with more head and neck support drastically improved my sleep quality. Before, my head was heavy enough to push through my old pillow quite easily and leave my neck at an awkward angle, which strained my neck and shoulders and made breathing more difficult than it should be.

Also, another thing I forgot to mention: Lose fat if you are overweight. Many sleep apnea problems are caused by being overweight. Losing excessive weight can mitigate or completely eliminate sleep apnea problems.

What brand nigga

1000% true. I have sleep apnea. If i dont sleep with my CPAP, i get cluster headaches. The worst kind. Wont let you focus. When i sleep with it, its great. Blaming myself for getting this low. Kills my hardwork

Shit, I don't even know. It's one of those generic-ass memory foam pillows. But it is a contour pillow.

I think memory foam is a great choice in general. Check out Amazon. There's this memory foam pillow from Coop Home Goods that uses shredded memory foam, and apparrently, it's the tits. I might actually get it soon (no shill).

Sleep is indeed extremely important but it's really hard to diagnose.

I have a giant fucked up nerd nose and I'm pretty sure the airways are just shit so I have mild sleep apnea. Considering getting surgery to solve it but who knows.

My main problem is that sleeping on my back feels best for gains but fucking hurts my lower back after a while. Does anyone know how to solve this?

My sleep schedule was impeccable before this year's Day Saving Time.
Ever since it started my sleep has mostly been not as good as I'd like. The fucking electric jew is stealing my gains.

I've been considering melatonin, though, and drinking rosemary tea generally helps me fall asleep.

I work 12 hour night shifts.. my sleep is jacked to hell.

A white noise machine helped more than expected. I used to think who can sleep with all that noise? but as soon as I turned it on I go out like a light in 5 minutes vs. 20min before. I think it’s habit.

I got the old fashion pushes-air-out machine instead of the electronic recorded ones (like white noise app) somehow recordings make me paranoid and sleeping the wrong way makes the sound waves enter the ear in a high pitched ring.

The air pusher is so relaxing.

Eliminate allergies first.

You'd be surprised how open your nose can get with medication or source elimination.

>take nasal spray
>it's as if I gained a second nose to breathe through

It might help if you take some zzzquil just one night to get back on your sleep schedule. Obviously don't depend on it, but perhaps give it a shot.

Me on the left.

I wake up with one part of my shoulder blades hurting.

i sleep too well
could do 14 hours everyday if i would have the time

pretty sure that i don't get enough sleep most days because i got a gf now. generally we get together like 10pm, then kiss snuggle listen to music for few hours, have sex, speak some more and it is like one thirty to 3am already... wake up at 0730 because of work. on the night i spend on my own (1-2 per week) i tend to fall asleep around nine. still totally worth it tho.

Nasal spray? Just like OTC from the drug store? I hadn't considered that, thanks for the rec.

This.

>have to wake up for school at chaotic times
hehe thanks studies!

The one I used is some fucked up shit that you can't use for longer than a week. But it made a massive difference.

Just look into allergies and shit, doesn't even have to be dust mite or anything, could be dietary etc.

Careful user, if you use nasal spray for too long you will become dependant on it and your airways will take months to recover.

t. Have had a stuffy nose for 6 months after abusing nasal spray

You used xylometazoline didn't you? That shit fucked me up as a kid.

>never even got the warning there was a max time you could use it
>mfw my shit was fucked up for like a year
>this is sold without prescription

Never use that garbage.

>memory foam pillow

gosh, I hate those type of "memory" pillows, they suck

My neck hurts every time I wake up

Yup, that's the one. I live in the Netherlands and you can get it everywhere. It's so fucking common. Almost no one knows how bad that shit actually is. The relief time before you have to spray again gets shorter and shorter until at some point you're spraying every 30 minutes. When I started taking it with me to work I knew I fucked up and got rid of it.

I try to stay away from it as much as possible but when I literally can't breathe I will use it for maybe 2 days tops, maybe 2 times per year.

I get 8-9 hours per night. I notice it gives me faster gains.

This too, and don't wake up too late, it doesn't matter if you sleep the same amount as others, it fucks or circadian rhythm

>listen to music for few hours,
Like just laying there listening to music, for hours?
What a waste of time.