How do I leave this place

How do I leave this place.

You're here forever

This board? Get another interest

This website? You don't

The thing about Veeky Forums is that it's very quick and dirty social gratification. You get a little bit of dopamine when someone gives you a (You) and engages you in shitposting or serious discussions. That's kind of difficult to get rid of, because it is a kind of addiction. Maybe you should treat it as such.

I quit Veeky Forums for about 6 months this year. honestly I don't think it made much of a difference.

at least Veeky Forums is a somewhat decent board with a good focus, and not somewhere toxic like /pol/ or /r9k/

>toxic

That word...

>like /pol/

All of Veeky Forums is /pol/.

Haha you can never leave user, never

Here's your daily dose user.

no sense in being angry about things you can't change. /pol/ is basically just ragebait

/pol/ is also full of delusional people who actually believe rahowa is imminent

We are here forever

Once you learn to avoid the shit threads, that's a fair statement. There's a lot of positivity and advice spread within this place, the key difference between something like /v/, where the only threads that aren't shitposting are off-topic threads

lets be realistic here
on this site you can be your true self, cause none of the shit you say is traced back to you
we have a liberty that twitter and reddit can't even achieve

You don't. I've been here for a decade now.

The (You)s are cool, but in reality I'm here for the pure and unfiltered thoughts of other anons.
It's absolute retardation 98% of the time but the rare pearls are way better than anything else in any other place.
Problem is, I'm drifting away. This combined with a terrible lifestyle are changing me for the worst.

>on this site you can be your true self

I think that's something we can agree on, but something to add on top to that. Most of us grew up in shitty environments or situations, and often no way to confide to others without fear of judgement. In this place, not only can you do it without repercussion, but you're in a community of people who went through similar things that you did. It's a blessing you simply don't get to experience in real life

>rahowa is imminent

As someone who has studied ethnic conflicts and genocidal cultures, I can tell you that there's good reason to take it seriously. It happened over and over again in the 20th century for a reason.

Just take a break when the memes start getting to you. Veeky Forums is only unhealthy if you're on here too much and it starts to fuck with your head, similar with any social group. Come back for new memes and real discussion.

>getting social dopamine rewards with zero risk and repercussion
This is terrible for you because you're not actually developing any social skills and gradually break yourself away from the 'judgmental' real life. Conflict helps you grow and most people aren't as bad as you think. I also hate when anons treat Veeky Forums as a personal blog to cry about their shitty life. No one cares except other faggot NEETs.

The reason they blogpost is because they have nowhere else to go, I consider reddit as harsher than this place for that matter.
There are also dedicated boards with that in mind.

Been on Veeky Forums for over a decade. Even moot is still around, he just doesn't funpost anymore.

>toxic
Did you drink your venti soy before posting that?