Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/pAujUMH
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>1.5 mile run
for work?

Yeah man.

Come on anons, tell me about your 405 diddlies or 2 plate benches

I love this place too much

I try not to think about the people behind the keyboard because I hate every one of you but I like this place....

w...why do you hate me user

I hate you all because we will never meetup and actually talk to each other

These threads just kill it for me and I hate reading it but I still come here..

One day you realize you want to talk to these people irl but you can't. You will never meet anyone from here and form a long lasting bond

Been in the gym about 3 weeks.

>2pl8 diddly
>1pl8 bench
>1pl8 squat
>1pl8 OHP

Not really concerned about the lifts because I don't eat enough protein right now and I'm on a 1kcal deficit every day.

On the plus side I managed to increase my rowing from 15 minutes to 30 minutes at a higher stroke/minute.

Welcome to life in the information age bitch

If you're looking to be a navy seal that's a good time for the PST

I'm not american but I'm looking to do SF here. My goal was to be below 7:42 since that's the maximum amount of points you ca get for the run part.

Training for half marathon. Did my first one earlier this year. My next goal is to drop 20 pounds and 20 minutes.

>Went out for a run today
>21° F
>New running sweater
>Got to pull out running hat that I really like
>Growing out beard for Movember group charity
>Good long run
>Get back home, start a big fucking crock pot of beef stew, go shower.

Fucking love this time of year mates

Nice user, what's your time like now?

>still new to Veeky Forums
>skinny fat all my life
>biggest hurdle is setting a schedule and sticking to it
>starts and stops and inconsistencies for the better part of the last 4-5 months
>got the diet down (this part was easy)
>finally hit every planned workout I had in a 2 week period without cutting any of them short
>finally starting to see/feel results

I feel really optimistic about it all. For the first time.

How's your swimming? It's equally if not more important when going for SF

They gave me a schedule to follow that has me swimming 800 meters twice a week

>mom said she loved my qt college gf
>scored a perfect GRE
>waiting to hear from NYU
>finally have my life planned out
>my new books came in the mail
>it's actually cold finally
>got an internship with a national park for this summer
>dad said I look 'built'

I've had the entire house to myself since my gf went out of town with her mom and grandparents. Aside from lifting and doing a little bit of cardio on Friday night I haven't done anything this weekend at all. I've just been laying in my cozy bed reading and playing total war.

I better start cleaning the house before my gf gets back otherwise she'll probably yell at me for being a lazy ass :(

Pretty good effort, mate.

From personal experience I'd say that hitting those sorts of times is great, but you should aim to be consistent with hitting close to those times. Which SF unit are you looking at?

When I went through the NZ SAS pipeline there was a large focus on endurance and performance over time rather than scoring well on testing.

Idk what the demands of your nation's SF are but I'd recommend diversifying the workouts. You should train high intensity interval swimming just as much as slow, long distance swimming. You want explosive speed in addition to your indefatigable endurance.

I can run 8km in 32 minutes, they say you should be able to in less than 34 so I feel good about endurance
They have their recommended workout schedule and I'm going by that.

Well good luck user I hope it works out for you. SF training will teach you a lot about yourself and you'll learn what it is to really push your limits. The human body is capable of WAAAY more than any normal person can appreciate.
t. failed out of BUDS twice

How do you get into BUDS twice? Also, what specifically gave you the most trouble?

What class were you bro? I was in low 300's.
land portage aka boats on fucking heads dude, shit fucks you up. Im not user that you asked this btw, different dude

I did hell week as part of an inter-military 'bonding' exercise, honestly the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, moreso than being in theater or on SF deployment.

Good effort having the willpower to even get to the BUD/S stage, man.

>past 6 months crush wasn't noticing me
>Start lifting yesterday
>Saw her at gym
>She approachs me and gives me her number (after a small convo)
Why didn't you tell me I'd get instant pussy if i lift Veeky Forums?

When I did it you could go up to three times, but that may not be the case anymore. Physically I was fully capable of it, it was easily the most demanding, brutal and difficult thing I have ever gone through, but I could do it. What really got me was the severe level of discomfort. You'd do regular beach runs where the sand was grinding away your skin in every possible crevice. Then you'd do some more surf torture before having your scalp peeled away by the boat. Essentially I'm just too much of a pussy for it. It takes a special kind of person to endure that level of pain.

You know I see a lot of >tfw no gf on this board but I'm starting to feel like we're a bunch of dogs chasing after a car. Be honest guys, how many of you would know what to do with a gf if you actually ever got one? I'm not trying to put anyone down because I myself wouldn't know what to do with on.

A Gf gives affection, love, care, warmness, support, keeps the demons that come at night away with her warm hugs and fills (or hides) the empty void inside you and is better than hand.
That's my perfect gf, most females now don't care.

Yea I feel this way too. I have far to many interests that do not apply to anyone other than myself. I'm not the kind of person to be entertaining for any significant amount of time. I would basically be a money cow and sex bull for any woman.
I don't think the hunt is for me. I'm not so fixated on being Chad.

Wait you ran 1.5 miles in 7:42? Holy shit. Maybe that isn't too special, but 1.5 miles takes me 15 goddamn minutes. And that of that 15 minutes, my quads hurt for like 8-9 of them and I'm fatigued at the end.

She approached you? In the gym?

My god I hate being ugly....

honestly it feels weird but I have shared more personal stuff on Veeky Forums than with any of my close friends. granted it is so woven into a network of lies, memes and autism that not even the NSA could discern the truth but still sometimes I can let my deepest feelings out here and Veeky Forums has actually helped me out before.

also going from fat to fit and overcoming some mental issues with you guys on my side really makes me feel like we are friends. I mean I dont know any of you but it feels like we are brothers in arms in this eternal battle against ourselves.

Not really an achievement but this gave me good feels

>Lifting for the first time ever
>Put 2 10 kg plates on a bar for bench presses
>Able to get ready to lower it but can already feel this isn't gonna happen
>Hang my head in shame while getting 5 kg plates knowing I can't bench 20 kgs
>Can't believe I can only bench 10 kgs
>Bring bar to a weight to see how much it weighs
>My weight goes up 20 kgs holding it

I thought I was the ultimate fucking dweeb but apparently not

Hit 162lbs from 170 as of today. Started 3 weeks ago and I'm still cutting down. I'm a 6'1" male trying to cut out my fat before I try and get aesthetic.

>6'1 162

P...post your body user, you might have cut too hard

the past month i've
200lb strict ohp
58 bodyweight dips
weighted dips with 105x10

feels good.

>Fail an lmao 4pl8 squat in my murder shed a few days ago after a mean head cold.
>Drinking this weekend, looking into my back yard bitter about missing the lift.
>A bit past buzzed, walk into the yard then into the shed, just stare at my power rack for a few minutes.
>Load up 405 and just fuckin go for it.
>Push out two and burst a blood vessel in my eye.
Mixed feel tbqhfam, was nice to finally break that plateau but I can't afford to drink every time I lift.

jesus christ that's manly though somehow

also pretty retarded. going for a 4plate squat without any warmup is risking snap city.

nice job on the 4plate tho

>Burst a blood vessel in my eye

I've been there. I once passed out squatting in a power rack, luckily I was front squatting so I didn't fall onto the bar and the floors were rubber.

Thanks breddeh, I don't worry about it too much. Gave me a good story at work though.
The warmup was walking through my yard.
Seriously though, you're genuinely right. Something just came over me.
It's happened to me before, I've got pretty low blood pressure as well so I get light headed fairly easily. Probably should be more careful but my neighbor is usually over when I'm lifting. He's too old to lift very heavy but he's a good spotter.

>struggling with a 4 plate squat

awkward

Nice job, but remember, you are still dyel as fuck until you hit 2/3.5/5/6.5

Post physiques? I didn't know I shared an imageboard with such a strong userbase :^)

Mean OHP, very nice user. I've been doing mine seated lately because I keep trying to pop the bar up.

>2 anons make a joke
>get offend

Are you sure you belong here?

I've been seeing a therapist to deal with my insecurity issues and short fuse. Mind holding hands with me while I count backwards from 10?

I'm still fat. I'll find a picture in a few

6'1" 162lbs. Still tryna kill my fat.

Are those... hickeys? on your hand?

Its probs aids

no it's a burn because I don't know how to properly cook food

You're an inch taller than me and 30 pounds lighter yet I look a decent amount leaner.
Never occurred to me how heavy muscle is, astonishing really.

Yeah it sucks, but it's not entirely like that. I had a surgery for an acl and lost a ton of mass in my leg. Mirin tho

Pic related is me, I'm your hieght and 13 pounds heavier yet leaner. Is the difference muscle or bones and shit?

Cheers, you'll get there my dude.
Just be happy you're not a manlet nor a lanklet.
You've got a great base, keep it up.
Better see you in the CBT 6 months from now with some serious gains.

I went and hung out with my ex wife and slept over at her house. Then the next morning I hit the gym hard and did 50 squats. 5 sets of 10. I really have no clue what I'm doing with my life.

Boy you can bet your ass you will. I just need to figure out how to get more protein.

Like I said here I had a surgery and lost a lot of mass in my leg, like almost all of it. I was terribly disproportional and still am, albeit not as much anymore. Supposedly fat and muscle aren't too far apart in density, only .16g/ml. I'm guessing it's mostly due to the lack of leg mass and you having more gains. Looking aight though

> I really have no clue what I'm doing with my life.
obvious by the frog picture, frog poster.

My ex girlfriend came over the other day to "catch up" and we ended up in my bed. It was a weird feel. I'm not interested in dating her because she's a demonic harpy of a woman, but it was nostalgic to an extent. Strange shit.
Don't want to get re-involved with her because she made my life completely miserable, but she is great in the sack. I guess I just have to make sure I don't catch any feelings for her again.

if you're on a proper rowing machine you should be aiming for about 15 spm and get more power in to your stroke

Protein is in more foodstuffs than you realize. If you're not lactose intolerant milk is good (don't listen to vegan shills, it has the most diverse amino acid profile of any food).
Skyr if you can buy it and like the taste is great.
If there's an Asian market around you, bean based noodles are a nice substitute for regular pasta with a good amount more of protein.

I had a lotta shit happen over the past... nearly three years.
In September, I decided I wanted to not be a big fat bastard, and just be a big bastard, so I began my cut to be okay with myself.
Started at 315lbs, and am now sitting at 250lbs.
I'm somehow getting stronger still, and am starting to feel okay physically.
I've got a ways to go, but I have a shred of hope.
You guys are all I have.

Mean weightloss, no joke.
Keep getting at it and keep lifting.
You'll make it negro.

What was your running routine to get down to 7:42 user? I also need to run a timed 1.5 mile but for different reasons

>did twice the amount of hiit incline sprints I usually do today
Go past your old limits and setting new ones is always comfy.

I just run frequently user, been going for about a year and a bit. What's your time like?

Good shit, hill sprints fucking destroy me and I love it.
Not them but +1 for volume. You run more, you get better at it. It's simple.

Yes, you can
discord.gg/pAujUMH

I'm on a concept 2 erg with it tuned to 5/6 resistance doing like 27 spm

My times are probably shit but I'm doing like 2:05~2:10 per 500m, definitely not going all out and sprinting, though.

My biggest issue right now is that I don't really know how far I should lean back with the stroke, I try to keep my spine upright at the moment and just pull into my chest while extending legs.

Yeah, running is one of the few things I can thing of that's just effort and frequency. Diet doesn't really matter as much as it does for strength training, all that matters is how hard you try.

As a DYEL piece of shit, I am glad to have finally hit 200lbs (90kg) on my deadlift (3x8).

I'm not trying to drink milk because I don't want any more acne than I already have. I don't think I have an asian market nearby

I was a long distance runner in highschool then a sprinter in college where I put on a lot of muscle mass. Both are really at their core just getting out and running every day, fast and short or long and slow.
I ate just carb loaded 24/7 pretty much. Glad I started lifting actually, made me focus more on my diet.

Fair enough, I know it fucks with some people. Just look at some foods you like and devise a way to get enough.

I'm getting about 110gs a day currently while on my cut, and I think that's enough to not lose much muscle while going down.

That's probably more than enough

Not a lifting achievement because I'm still DYEL as fuck, but I've lost 31 pounds since May. Still have a ways to go before I meet my goal but it feels good to finally be getting back in shape for the first time in 10 years.

Don't know my time because I can't actually keep up a jogging pace for 1.5 miles yet. Based on the running I started doing recently, I'd say about 18 minutes for 1.5 miles. I can keep an 8mph pace for half a mile so far, and I've been working on increasing the distance at that pace. Going to start interval training so that I learn to slow down to a jogging rather than walking pace after a run interval.

Keep working at it, I was there once

ever notice you run like twice as fast IRL vs the treadmill. I run for 20 mins on the treadmill and it says I only did 2 miles. Meanwhile i go run on a track and i get 6 min splits.

I'm doing Scooby's homegym dumbbell routine with literally 5kg and 2,5kg dumbbells

BUT I'm back to working out regularly and it feels nice.

>muh le demons xdxdxd

No you’re not a tortured misunderstood soul. You’re just a faggot. Grow up

Love ya brother .we will make it.

That's like... really good. Nice job man

I use to be 325 pounds, I weighed myself yesterday (a day before my birthday) and I am now 196

It has been a fun couple of years.

>3 weeks
>1pl8 OHP

he probably just mistype, no one believes 1pl8 OHP 3 weeks in lmao

I'd always start a bulk and then give up, or say I'm gonna start lifting and give up after a week, for the past few years. My goal was always 150lb (skinny skelly)

Well 2 months ago I finally started actually going to the gym, eating, and now I'm 2 pound away from 150. Have had 150 as a goal for years now, and I'm so close. I've loved going to the gym and lifting, fucking hate eating, have had a lot of struggles and often miss my macros, but I'm doing my best which was a lot better than before

I started lifting jan 1st 2012, and i never imagined being into fitness in my life. I found it funny how my friends wanted abs and huge arms to impress girls when we were kids. It was pretty cringey and i never thought id be a gymgoer yet one snowy day with no internet i filled out a guest pass and gave lifting a try.

I just ran the nyc marathon in 3:30:00 and a week later hit my dream bench press pr of 405.

Hitting these PRs was more of a relief than a feeling of accomplishment for some reason, and now more than ever i dont feel like going to the gym ever again. Ive been considering ending my sub for a few weeks now and its too bad. There may be a lot ahead of me, maybe not. I am only doing this as a hobby and am probably way to old to do anything professionally at 26.

It feels good to get on fit and shed some light on noobs with my limited exp. i hope you guys just do the same after you figure this and that out and meet your goals.

Goodluck everyone

I front squatted 135lbs for 5x5 and backsquatted 185lbs for 5x5.

They are weak lifts, especially compared to my others, but I used to suffer from my sciatic nerve flaring up really bad, even from squatting the bar.
Half a year of stretching and gay-looking pilates style movements later and it doesn't flare up anymore. May finally reach my dreams of squatting heavy ;_;

>buddy of mine
>never works out, never played sports
>lift together last weekend for social reasons
>tries my OHP, about 50 kilos
>to my amazement he struggles but manages to put in 3 reps

Couldn't lift it again but man, some people just have amazing genetics. Somewhat related: my bar is 12.5kg, does that ''count'' as 1 pl8 OHP? How much IS 1pl8 objectively (incl. bar)?

A plate is about 25kg a piece at my gym. 1pl8 = 50, 2pl8 = 100 etc. I assumed the same for everywhere else.

The biggest pl8 i've ever seen was 20 kilos tho (45 pounds)

But yeah i know how to add weights, it's written on the damn things, my question is what's the standard weight for the bar? I understand that it can weight anything, usually between 10-25 kilos and that's not a small difference in OHPs

his pool looks a bit shallow

Used to swim back in the day, definitely no skelly or lard-ass.

a standard barbell is 20kg