Started "The Wim Hof Method"

>started "The Wim Hof Method"
>(about 30 slow/deep breaths—then exhale and hold breath)
>tons of science to back this dude up
>can resist sickness
>can resist cold
>heals faster from injury
Is this the same mechanism as hyperbaric oxygen chambers?
also, why isn't Veeky Forums cumming buckets over this Wim shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/fit/search/text/skyr/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to bury my face in her ass and perform the wim hoff method.

because Im not trying to avoid freezing to death after putting myself in an ice lake, you incredibly daft cunt

tons of science backs up breathing is good for the human body

shit really

lmao fucking normies im on nobreath 2017

>tfw Veeky Forums is actually a bunch of meatheads

Tons of evidence backs up Wim Hof being a goddamn loon who teaches pseudoscience nonsense, in fact.

>t. can't type wim hof into google

In fact it was internet searches that provided me with quotes of him claiming his breathing techniques can cure most diseases, which is dangerous nonsense.

Yeah, he himself is a retard who doesn't fully understand the scientific tests that have been conducted on him.

He's like one of those hippy faggots.

Yeah I heard about this guy named Fleming who claimed he'd found a substance that can kill most bacteria so you could magically cure a lot of diseases with just some pills. He says you can even basically grow it for free because it's just a simple fungus. What hokey nonsense!

(cont) But it doesn't change the fact that they injected him and a bunch of his students with concentrated germs, then did same thing to a bunch of randos.

He and his students didn't get sick.
Randos all did.

>I subbed my toe and now know the secret to curing cancer!
T. Humans

Wow, a small sample of people from a slightly larger sample of people didn't get sick! They didn't have a control group injected with harmless saline solution, and they didn't test to see if it was actually the method they did that immunized them, rather than living conditions, genetic predisposition or any number of other effects.
This is about as scientific as a kid building a soda volcano.

All you need to know about Wim Hof:

All his publicity talks about how he "climbed Everest in just shorts"

He didn't get anywhere close to the summit

Fuck these faggots OP, Wim is legit.
All you hating brainlets will never master control over your autonomous nervous system

Are his achievements at withstanding cold impressive? Yes. Does his breathing technique have value? Yes. Is it also shamelessly overhyped and marketed with vastly exaggerated claims? Yes.

There is literally nothing new about his method . Even his cold resistance demos have been a common thing among certain Buddhist sects for as long as anyone can remember . He just swaps out chi for more palatable to Western audiences pseudoscience.

Buteyko, Mew, Hof.
All charlatans.

How was their sex life?

>Is it also shamelessly overhyped and marketed with vastly exaggerated claims? Yes.
right. you go climb Everest in nothing but shorts and tell me again how over-hyped it is

If it works is it still pseudo science?

It's like trying to discredit something by saying it's a placebo effect, like mother fucker if it works it works

kys. try if that works

kek

I want the old Zyzz-worshipping, Scoobs-loving Veeky Forums that felt like my after gym social club back, not this /pol9kredpill/ shit that changes existing oc to include politics and pushes charlatans.
For anyone that has been here before 2012-3ish, is misc the only legit alternative at this point?
I don't really like for a.

I use the Whim method to heat myself back up when out mountain biking in the winter. You look like a jackass, but it works thats for sure

and what do you think about Bayer, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson?

Sick burn

And he also blew his ass out by sitting on a fountain

I love how dutch faggots come here and declare that some dutch "invention" is goat, then instantly get triggerd when someone says it's shit

He didn't climb Everest. He tried to climb it

Same with scandifags pushing their yogurt knockoffs

>yogurt knockoffs
?

Try sitting in a tub of ice for 2 hours

He would die

I’d like to wim her hof

Calm down Jan klaas

oh hai mark

Wim Hof is just a dude who monetized what cold water swimmers know. Cold water swimming, especially in the sea, is the fucking bomb. Jump on in, swim around, have a laugh and a pint after. Just make sure to wear ear plugs to avoid Surfers Ear

desuarchive.org/fit/search/text/skyr/

Heh

never mind, she's fucking retarded.

>religun is dum gais
yeah no

>ironically typing like a retard
sure showed me.

>mizzou student
mizzou still has white students?

Mizzou is currently accepting anyone that applies

>being atheist
sure showed me

indeed i did.
nice argument, retard.

Worshipping a kike popsicle as a white person is pretty fucking dumb

wasnt really an argument on either side, bud

you couldn't if you wanted to.

im agnostic, but even a retard can see the value of christianity to society

>you couldn't if you wanted to.
oh theres a lot you can argue for certain religions

LOL! Yes goy, turn the other cheek. Everybody be a total cuck with no self respect, that makes a good society

you are from the south, aren't you?

Breathing will never cure disease unless you live in an atmosphere of 90% antibiotic and radioactive dust.

thats Catholicism and hes a fucking cuck

yeah and let me guess your west coast from a large city?

fucking kek, so obvious.
no, i'm from the east coast.
carry on, tard.

ah that was my second guess, but i tip my fedora to you sir

/X/ is actually getting better lately. A new mod and some janitors got hired that purged the sticky and actually take down nonsense threads. If you're looking for hope, I suggest a visit.

>/X/ is actually getting better lately.
holy shit it is

Lol

Love you too, Veeky Forums

So before this turns into another pol thread (kys candyass) how about we actually try this
What I found, which wasn't easy because for some reason it short circuits your brain where you can't just fucking explain it to another human:

30 reps Deeeep inhale short exhale
Hold last exhale, hold last inhale
That's 1 'set'
Do 20-30 'sets'
And meditate throughout/give it your full attention/whatever you want to call it.

This REEKS to high heaven of bullshit but it's also easily testable. Also you guys have measured and recorded athletic progress to compare any possible changes to, not to mention you roodypoos living in Nova Scotia or Siberia or whatever

>thats Catholicism
>catholicism isn't christianity
Yankee brainlet

Don't shit talk soda volcanoes, those are the gateway experiment to a lifetime interest in chemistry.

>mastering manual breathing so you need to think about how you breathe constantly
Sounds about as useful as being constantly aware of my own tongue.

Placebo effect means it only works because you think it does, it doesn't mean it actually does anything on its own.

A lot of places do Polar Bear swims for New Years these days. Nothing like jumping into subfreezing waters to start a new year, eh?

Let's see, Crusades, mass genocide, forced conversion of natives to a religion they barely understood, the theft of other religions and cultures to make it easier to convert others...

Let's not even get into the fuckery of the Middle Ages Catholic Church, Witch Hunts, and the Inquisition.

>deep inhale, short exhale
So a fast exhale of the full breath, or a partial exhale? Because if it's a partial exhale how the hell can I continue to take deep breaths?

>a Ford focus and ford Mustang are the same car

>same brand
what a fucking retard

Nice false equation, my brainlet friend. They are both Fords, just as Catholicism and Protestantism are both Christianity,

REMOVE JEW

Pretty much this. Not to mention almost all modern Christian groups branched from Catholicism.

Why not?

West coast and east coast are equally garbage, fedora tipper.
You'll never make it

>says the inbred christian from some shithole in the south

lel

Yes, except that wasn't the argument, you propaganda analyzing failure

not the same person bud, and you are correct i do live in the south but my family is first generation mediterranean

Did i ask?
I don't care you fucking retard.
Obviously your greaseball family is too poor to move to the coast.

>muh Mediterranean Southern pride
lol, kill yourself, IQlet.

>The Wim Hof Method
MFW
This is just pranayama and yogic breathing repackaged and well marketed.
Buteyko used to help with same type of breathing techniques.
Those are yoga best and core value for those who work with their bodies and push it to the limits.

maybe you'd be interested in Farinelli Breathing. It's a singing technique but similar enough to this! Farinelli was a castrato singer so had no balls but even so still had women fainting in the concert halls. Wish I was that alpha

Bro, I know we're not supposed to talk about sources but if you could point me in the direction of a place to score this "fungus" I'd really appreciate it.

Explain this Hof Method desu

nah bud we're big city down here. why are you so mad bro? You're either an acne ridden pale piece of white trash or straight up a nigger, and the fact that you live on the east coast makes you even more of a worthless detriment to society

>You're either an acne ridden pale piece of white trash or straight up a nigger, and the fact that you live on the east coast makes you even more of a worthless detriment to society

and i'm mad..fucking lel
keep crying greaser.

> reading this thread
> 30 slow/deep breaths then exhale and hold breath
> ok let's try
> first breath
> see this
> EXHALE VIOLENTLY SPURTING SPIT ON MY SCREEN
well I guess the method is not for me

We could meme this into reality. We can add to the other memes dumbasses fell for like nofap and nopoo and mewing

Nobody fell for nopoo. It was all a joke.

just remember to cry when you're 35 and your skin looks like week old cold cut turkey, angry faggot

He claims to have climbed Mt Everest in shorts. Most people understand that to mean summit Mt Everest - which he never did. Running in freezing weather in no small though.

Why did you circle Christ instead of CrossFit?

because crossfit is real