/FAST/ Fasting General AVOCADO TAKE OVER

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

OFFICIAL BEAT OF SUFFERING WHILE FASTING
youtube.com/watch?v=6fVE8kSM43I
What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27810402
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.4161/auto.1.3.2017?needAccess=true

Extra:
DRINK COFFEE, DRINK GREEN TEAS
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170827101750.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24769862
roguehealthandfitness.com/coffee-is-associated-with-lower-death-rates/

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/pdf/postmedj00315-0056.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is gonna be a dumb question
Can I bulk on 4000 calories while fasting?

YES,,,,,, AHHHHHHHHH YOU CAN EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT WHILE FASTING THAT IS HOW IT WORKS

Bulking is bullshit bro

Yes, but it has to be avocado.

Posting this one more time since that thread died quickly.

Hey I'm on my six day of my fast.
I weighed 222 pounds when I began now I weigh 218 pounds.

I am 6.2 feet tall and I've been trying lose weight for a while now.
I hope with this diet I can really shred the pounds.
I will post an update after another five days of fasting.

Quick question though I add salt to my morning bottle of water but us that enouth? and what salts should I use? I was thinking about quickly going to shops and buying some.

Side view.

Fasting is just not eating right? So I can drink whatever I want while fasting?

as long as it contains enough salt and pottasium

>So I can drink whatever I want while fasting?

CUM BREAKS A FAST

I have to go to the dentist and i will probably get some anesthesia, it's ok to fast or will my blood pressure get to low from it?

fasting is stupid

yes good goy. eat 6 meals a day.

Is it salt or potassium that helps most with keeping hunger away?
Why is the one that does less for hunger necessary?

those DO NOT keep hunger away at all.

those make sure your cells can do their fucking job

How do I get potassium?

best thing for keeping hunger at bay are complex proteins and other molecules. Green tea is one of the best since it has a very slow rate of digestion so it keeps your stomach engaged.

Your local store should have this stuff. Best way to go.
If it doesn't, Himalayan salt also works, though the potassium content is fairly low.

>tfw still not sure if dry fasting will help avoiding loose skin or if its an extremely dedicated attempt to assassinate fatties

Hey my mom says she's worried because I've done a six day fast that I met pass out from low blood sugar.
That wn't happen right?

Thanks bro.

not if you take salt. you pass out from a lack of salt

This. Also make sure not to consume TOO MUCH salt. It can do even worse if you aren't careful

No. moms exists to kill gains and weightloss.

Ok guys. A question from a 1st time faster.

I just finished a 24 hour fast, my very first one. I have been told that weight loss won't matter if i don't hit my macros. Another user has also said that it doesn't matter, i will still lose fat if i am at a deficit.

So who is right? The macros guy, or the calorie guy? Calorie guy also said something about a "dirty cut". Like if he eats taco bell every day but is still at a deficit, then he will still lose weight.

I am just wanting to get rid of my fat and lower my bf%. I am 35%bf, which means I have a big belly, double-chin, fat thighs, etc.

I'll take any advice you guys give cause I just want to live a normal life

how do you feel when you conusmed slightly to much salt and need some more water?

You can lose fat on a 'dirty cut' because calories in calories out is real at the end of the day.

That is not to say that you will come out looking or being healthy. I'm a few months ahead of you starting from a very similar situation. Get a good understanding of nutrition and when you do eat, whether you do IF or extended fasts, try and get your nutrients!

If you don't want to look shit start doing bodyweights minimum. Pullups, dips, pushups, situps and anything with dumbbells will help.

TELL YOUR MOM WE ARE ALREADY DEAD AND SATAN IS FORCING US TO GO HUNGRY TO TORMENT US

Well, when i had a headache, i solved it by using salt and it fixed itself. Well, one time I went overboard and put too much and it kinda felt my gut was churning and burning. I had cramps in my stomache and my headache was REALLY bad. This was like day 8 of the 10 day fast I did. I had to call it quits and made sure I wasn't dying. Most people can power through it by rebalancing drinking more water, but that was all talk I can't speak from experience.

Anyone happen to know the effects of peppermint on a fast? Is it safe?

Salt just relieves your nausea. A teaspoon in the morning should be enough.

Personally I can't add it to my water.

Some people try to get a balance of sodium, potassium and magnesium. That's probably healthier but I've never tried it.

What was your experience like? What I plan on doing is 2 24hrs a week for a month, a 72hr fast a week for the next month, and on the 3rd month a 10 day fast and repeat the cycle.

I am 244, but i would like to be 200 before June. I just want to know your experience with fasting and how much weight you lost

Only if it has no sugar or artificial sweeteners

Gonna eat on 15th for last time. Then 25 days of nothing

you will die. not even joking

DRY FASTING DOES NOTHING

The benefit from fasting vs CICO (Calories in vs calories out) is that fasting doesn't kill your metabolism and CICO does.

You should eat clean for general health but that's not required to lose weight.

The way obesity/diabetes is treated clinically is to not eat one day and then eat normally the next (Alternate-Day-Fasting).

24hr fasts or OMAD (One meal a day) just barely gets some of the benefits of fasting (reducing insulin resistance).

The most rapid method of weight loss that is also safe to do without medical supervision is a 3 week fasting cycle with 2 weeks of fasting and 1 week refeeding. This requires careful management of your refeeding, you can't eat a cheeseburger right after fasting for 2 weeks or you'll regret it.

Yeah dude no worries, happy to share. I've got no idea in numbers how much I lost but I'd say at least 35kg at 6 foot. I started really casually about a year ago reducing my shit food intake, and about 6 months ago I started doing a fairly hard regimen of intermittent fasting - at least a 20 hour fast and then one largish meal. I made sure for each meal I had some leafy green veges, some meat, and heaps of healthy fats - avocados, nuts, fish etc. If I wanted I'd hit the carbs but I generally stayed below my maintenance every day.

After about 3 months of that I decided to try water fasting, I was used to 20-23 hour fasts so I just went straight into a 48 hour fast. I mixed it up with a few days of IF followed by a 48 or 72 hour fast. I did a 5 day fast but I really didn't enjoy it one little bit, and my progress was fine with the 72 and 48 hour fasts.

I couldn't tell you if you will be x weight before x date, it depends on your activity levels and how dedicated you are to your eating habits. Don't burn out, and if you stuff it up, don't give up. Just say okay I ate too much that meal, I'll whack a 48 hour fast in and not worry about it.

I will say that I lost the vast majority of the fat in the last 8 months, especially in IF and water fasting. It really is insane how much you lose.

But yeah, that strategy looks fine. I wouldn't say fasting is something you throw in to offset a shit lifestyle, so if you aren't active and are planning on eating like shit throughout the day on the days between your fasts, I have no idea what your outcomes will be.

HIIT, good nutrition - balanced meals, good sleep, good hydration, good skincare and bodyweights will make you look a lot better at the end of your cut. I kind of rambled but all of this shit is stuff that I gained a noob level understanding of as I went, still so much to learn.

>6ft2
>222
>looks like that
For what purpose would you lie about your height on the internet?

Also to add to this, re reading the part about 'strict regimen of IF and balanced food.' If the family was eating a shit meal once a week I'd work around that and have a good meal of garbage food with my family. But I'd make sure it was offset by what I did during the rest of the week. You CAN definitely still enjoy your food, I would say you enjoy your food way more in fact.

I've never tasted anything so sweet as a banana after a 3 day fast.

ffs, the more I read about fasting and keto the more it sounds like a miracle cure.
>"Big pharma hates him. Become healthy with one WEIRD trick"

Hey my mom got me some dioralyte or as the label calls it (Rehydration treatment) from the drug store.
Just want to know will this be a bater replacement for salt? should give all the befits of salt but without any of the nasty stuff.

I have been fasting since the first of this month, lost about 10 pounds so far, but had a bad day on Saturday where I ate some fast food due to some friends coming over, it doesn't seem to have kicked me out of keto too badly though since I didn't feel hungry at all yesterday despite fasting all day.

So for the best results in losing weight is to do like a 48 hour fast and then refeed? Or do a longer fast with medical attention and then refeed safely? Cause the 24 hour fast I did I think you said that it's barely getting benefits whereas if i did a 48 hour, I'd lose weight quicker?

I'm probably 6 foot then and I don't remember besides I was taller then anything around 5,

6.2 ft >6' 2"
Also he might have chicken legs but who knows

Chicken legs?

>Hey my mom

HOW OLD ARE THE PEOPLE ON FIT FOR CHRIST SAKES.

Yes, a 48hr fast will make you drop the weight much faster than 24hrs, but your hunger will go away after 72hrs, so it actually gets easier the longer you go.

it heals loose skin

If I have loose skin when I get to

Great advice haha. Ok. So plan now would be to train myself for a 48 hour fast. That way i can do a longer fast to lose more fat. Then when refeeding comes, I'll eat cleaner. Or at least not junk food like usual. More fruits kind of.

is there a fitness reason for fasting for longer than 24 hours if youre in good shape already?

im 180lbs at around 11% bf and want to send it into the single digits but i havent been able to tell from what i read whether fasting for 48hrs will just kill my gainz and if i should just do IF

I'M IGNORING A HOT GIRLS MESSAGES BECAUSE I WAS FOCUSING ON FASTING WILL THIS MAKE ME MORE DESIRABLE BEING UNAVAILABLE OR WILL SHE JUST REPLACE ME FOR A NORMAL FAT WHO EATS?

So you guys voluntarily starve yourselfs for weeks?
How the fuck are you guys still alive?

Just do leangains and throw in a waterfast if you fuck up too much. It won't throw your gains away.

because its a natural state for human beings.

eating 3 meals a day is fucking retarded after reading up on insulin responses

If you want real advice about dry fasting, without the bullshit and autism that people in this thread usually scream at each other, please email me at

[email protected]

I will try to reply to any questions here but we usually hit rate limit and a lot of people reply pretending to be me

I'm busy painting a house today, but I am working on a pastebin/infographic for everyone that should cover:

1) Electrolyte imbalances
2) Uric Acid Kidney Stones (blood ph)
3) Potential schedules for dry fasting
4) How to know when minor discomfort becomes a medically dangerous situation
5) Realistic weight loss expectations
6) How insulin works
7) How water retention works

These are all ideas, but please do reply to me with questions / debates and I will respond ASAP!!!

thanks guys good luck

Thots were created to distract you from bettering yourself.
The only girls who are worth it are the ones that are fine with being ignored while you're focused on self-improvement.

So the natural state of humans is to not eat anything?
So I am suppose to eat nothing but vitamins and water for the rest of my life???
What kind of fucking logic is that? You need protein or else you're going to die

So writes the architect of the greatest fatty genocide of all time

you are dumb as fuck if thats your argument

can you make gains on keto? I hear to much protein can kick you out of it too.

No retard, you need to eat, just not three times a day. Now fuck off.

You really think you can get muscles on just water and vitamins?

You really think you can survive 100 years on just water and vitamins!!!????

And youre calling me DUMB??

>you need to eat, just not three times a day
Thats called dieting, not fasting

yes. if this is your argument you are fucking mentally disabled.

I know you're probably trolling, but intermittent fasting is where you eat within a couple hour window. Fasting and eating every few days is a perfectly healthy way to cut.

Ok I'll bite

>for weeks
No. Though, if you're fat you can do it.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/pdf/postmedj00315-0056.pdf

Most people choose to do Intermittent fasting (+ keto)

Yes my argument is I dont think you can survive with just water and vitamins. but keep calling me a retard

I am not trolling, I think the problem is that you guys have your definitions mixed up
Dieting is when you eat less amount of foods
Fasting is when you stop eating ALL food

if you eat too much protein and your body can't process it all it gets converted into glucose which will kick you out of keto

Are you under the impression that fasting means you never eat?

i have not eaten food for 6 days and will continue to do so for 2 more weeks. but since i will eat again in 2 weeks i am not fasting.

thats how fucking retarded you sound.

Hey avacado, why is it recommened that don't go over 5 days on FMD?

Thats the literal definition

>but since i will eat again in 2 weeks i am not fasting.
It depends. Are you going to end your fasting in two weeks?

Only people who starved to death were really fasting!

No you're the one with mixed up definitions
Dieting: Sum total of WHAT you eat. dieting does NOT mean restricted calorie intake (CICO).
Fasting: Any moment you're not eating, which starts when you swallow and ends when new food enters your mouth.

Most people here are trying to lose weight, not build muscle.

>So you guys voluntarily starve yourselfs for weeks?

IT'S PREPARATION FOR POSSIBLE DEATH CAMPS

YOU NEVER KNOW SO MIGHT AS WELL TRAIN FOR IT

Stop eating.

leave please, there is no point in talking to you about this subject.

>Hey avacado, why is it recommened that don't go over 5 days on FMD?

BECAUSE DR.VALTER LONGO IS A PUSSY SO THEY DID NOT TEST PEOPLE LONGER FOR SAFETY. I DON'T KNOW HOW HE CAME TO THAT CONCLUSION

>Any moment you're not eating, which starts when you swallow and ends when new food enters your mouth.
Are you serious right now? So everyone on earth who isn't eating at this very moment is fasting? Okay dude.

If you do cardio, yes.

>tfw just finished a two week diet where I don't eat anything

>usually scream at each other,

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

In case you haven't noticed, this general is almost as broscientific as mewing.

technically yes. However for practical purposes we usually refer to fasting as
- a period >12 hours
- voluntary (otherwise we would call it starvation)

I only had enough money for one cheeseburger instead of two. So i am technically on a diet right now :^)

No if you would read a fucking study before posting or just do some of your own research, that'd be fucking swell.

water fasting is not for muscle gain, it's for losing body fat.

IF allows for muscle gain since the duration of the fast will prevent muscle wasting and maximise fat burning

Whenever you eat food, your blood glucose levels goes up which in turn increases the amount of insulin secreted into the blood, triggering the conversion of glucose into fat.

if you do this 3 times a day or snack throughout the day aswell whilst trying to lose weight, you're making your body really inefficient at wanting to use your body fat.

insulin almost completely inhibits autophagy (so you'll have loose skin if doing CICO and losing weight on a severe CR diet).

on an extended water fast (more than 3 days), the body does start breaking down some functional protein for essential amino acids but you also have autophagy breaking down unnecessary organelles/cells (like that connective tissue you don't need anymore) but your body tries to preserve this muscle by secreting extremely high amounts of HGH so in turn, you lose around 20-30g of muscle a day.

Water fasting just like CR diets put your body in a catabolic state, you cannot gain muscle properly on a extended water fast, only minimise muscle wasting.

what this user means is that its not the natural state for humans to eat three meals a day, back in the days when we hunted food, we would go days without food whilst hunting for an animal then get a kill and engorge ourselves on its corpse, storing the excess energy as fat for the next kill.

tl;dr eating regularly whilst trying to lose weight is bad cos of insulin which prevents fat burning.

ATKIN'S FAT FAST WAS THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME.

The Fat Fast consists of 5 daily “feedings” of approximately 200 calories of fatty food per feeding for a total of 1000 calories a day. Atkins emphasized that the Fat Fast should not be done for more than 5 consecutive days and used it on patients for 3-5 days at a time. Unlike, Atkins’ general advice of “eat all you want and just count carbs”, the Fat Fast is a calorie, carb and protein restricted approach where one eats a very narrow range of fat-based foods for a relatively short period of time.

t. retard who cant read.

t. retard who cant understand peer reviewed studies

wrong, contents of the stomach take 2-3 hours (sometimes 4) to digest, the effects of a fast really take 14-15 hours.

After 15-16 hours of not eating, you would have completely emptied your stomach and exhausted the supply of carbohydrates stored in the liver (12 hour supply, can also reduce it faster with cardio or any intense exercise).

given most people eat dinner at 4-5pm, then eat breakfast the next morning 6-7am (around 12 hours), they are technically breaking a fast (hence break-fast) although really, if they had a carb heavy meal the night before, they wouldn't really be fasting at that point.

but after you get keto adapted a pure water fast will still be superior right?

Man, I wish I could be in a hospital or something through this. Being under medical supervision would be a great deterrent from eating.
Personally managing this shit is a cruel test of willpower.

>not getting the joke
>t. retard that can't read

you're literally retarded

I DON'T KNOW, NEVER SEEN A STUDY COMPARING THE TWO

ALL I KNOW IS THE PLANT BASED FAT FAST GETS YOU INTO KETOSIS FASTER AND PRESERVES MORE LEAN MASS WHILE STILL GIVING YOU A TON OF BENEFITS

On fast you get into ketosis after 24 hours or even less

FAT FAST IS FASTER

on how many people was this test done?
why should I care if I will be in ketosis few hours faster?
ALSO ITS NOT FUCKING FAST IF YOU ARE EATING