Aging loved ones health general

DEMENTIA/ALZHEIMER'S EDITION

We're all young here. We're all fairly healthy, or at least working towards a state of good health. However we have parents and grandparents, people who nurtured us and showed us love and care. It is our duty to show some back. I want to learn from you guys everything you know from personal experience with the ailments your older folks suffer, and what you wish you knew earlier.

I'll start - Dementia/Alzheimer's can be stopped and have symptoms even reverse with a low carb high fat ketogenic diet. I personally thought keto was a meme outside of very specific cutting goals, but this really is interesting and extremely uplifting. Dementia is an awful disease.

You can save your parents from this particular disease Veeky Forums take a second and watch these videos.

youtube.com/watch?v=41Tihgl0kEw

youtube.com/watch?v=lh9IszdWzcg

I intend to make this a fairly regular general because our parents aren't getting any older, and we need to look out for them. Also its interesting as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionstudies.org/can-ketogenic-diet-lead-alzheimers-disease/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

NIGGERS

I appreciate the bump, niggers indeed.

>baby boomers eat shitty diet, do not exercise, and do not have any money saved for advanced medical care
>we should take care of them
Lmao

Hey my parents aren't perfect, neither are yours. They left us a whole host of fucking problems political, social and otherwise. Including health I might add.

None of this changes the fact that I love the fuck out my parents, and you should love yours too. Take care of them user.

>because our parents aren't getting any older
I'm fucking retarded

final bump, I'm going to shill this general every few days and add more common elderly ailments treatments/causes to it as I go

Just letting everyone know that this is bullshit. I'm out

Keto + IF is your best bet for not dieing because you forgot how to breathe.

>dad owns a small hardware store
>53 years old, stressed as fuck, sometimes neurotic
>works 12 hours every weekday, and 8 on weekends
>not enough money to hire more employees
>his mother has alzheimer's
>dad is forgetful as fuck
>last week he lost his phone
>lost keys several times
Guys I'm worried as fuck. I live in another city, and even if I lived with him, he wouldn't let me change his diet, and my mom wouldn't either. My mom is a great cook, and we are from Southern Europe so we have a relatively good diet, but they will never open to stuff like keto. I don't know what to do, I don't want to see him lose his mind.

Bless this wholesome thread

You might have to swallow your pride and go all in to convince them to try.

Everyone here, buy lion's mane mushrooms or capsules from local grocery / health food store and try em out. Check out paul stamets work. Potentially ground breaking for dementia by the sounds

Hehe my parents are degenerate so I’m going to be degenerate and abandon them, hehe! user just because your dad beat you doesn’t mean we don’t like our parents.

Wholesome bump.

Good on ya, user.

Are you trying to kill my parents?
nutritionstudies.org/can-ketogenic-diet-lead-alzheimers-disease/

Your dad beating you is a pretty good reason not to care for him desu

I actually read the article...it's from a vegan website.
None of the studies linked actually said anything of any real worth.

My parents never beat me. They are just idiots who think job = success even if you are in tens of thousands of dollars in debt and dont have time to take care of yourself. This mentality is shared by most boomers

I'm giving you a bump because Im generous but dang man if these will be regular that's a DEPRESSING ass general thread to have

They're also delicious. I should get some spawn

My grandpa has some bad arteries and had a quadruple bypass a few years back. He also has asbestosis and severe atrophy in his hamstrings and glutes, and can't walk much.
You may have good muscles now, but always remember to look after your heart.

they leveraged the world's future to pay for their lifestyles and are wondering why you can't do the same.

>>Reality depresses me.
Fuss

How so?

Thanks user. I'll check it out.

Good advice!