/fat/ anime edition #5

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>Previous Thread

Today's going to be a great day user's, I can feel it, just have to make it so.

>it's another OP ruins the thread instantly /fat/gen thread

These days I'm eating about 600cal from breakfast through the afternoon, and then I have a big dinner.

I'd consider doing OMAD or IF, but I'm diabetic (T2) and I'm worried that I should be eating regularly. Any advice?

I know people talk about insulin resistance here sometimes and how eating impacts it, so I'm wondering how much diabetes impacts that kind of stuff.

Anyone else recovering from a binge?

Faaaat fuuuucks!

Joking, you're gonna make it lads, keep it up!

>weight has stayed the same for 3 weeks
>lifting 3 times a week
>eating 500 cal deficit
i give up. should i just go for something like 1k cal a day

Are you accurately weighing EVERYTHING instead of eyeballing/using measurements like cups etc?

How much are you actually eating on a daily basis? Have you re-evaluated your calorie goals as your weight loss progressed?

Are you doing any cardio? Are you even remotely active outside of lifting?

I was losing weight fine until I started going to the gym. All I did was increase my calories by 500 so it's not a 1k cal deficit. I work in retail and I'm on my feet every fucking day breaking my back.

How often are you weighing in to get those sort of spikes? Good grief- but good job on the progress so far!

Then that would suggest you've increased your calories by more than 500. Hence my first question- are you accurately measuring everything down to the last gram? 500 is not a huge deficit, and whilst it is more than possible to lose, even just a few inaccuracies here and there can quickly add up to eat your smaller deficit.

these threads took a fucking nosedive in the last few weeks
what happened

we let the weaboos take them over, weaboos ruin everything

Don't let this be you

well user, you could always try to make the thread better

This man was stuck to a chair for 2 years and still had a gf, fucking kill me

How much your metabolism decreases while on deficit? I heard something like -50 to -400 for obese people, but I don't remember where. Any studies on that?

>This man was stuck to a chair for 2 years and still had a gf, fucking kill me

Fat privilege?

>You will never have a girlfriend so supportive she's willing to suck the maggots of of your dick while your fat ass is literally fused into a chair due to even the most basic exercise of getting up from a chair.

>I was losing weight fine until I started going to the gym

Some your weight loss progress stalling can be blamed on muscle gain. You can still do gym on a cut, just have to be more mindful of your macros or you start to feel like asssssssss.

more mindful, in what way? Eat more carbs to replenish energy or more protein to repair muscles?

Protein. I'm not sure what your situation is, but as far as being annoyed by your weight stalling, have you considered starting to measure progress in different ways? In addition to weigh ins I also update my measurements every month. As your body composition changes, sometimes that is where you will find signs of obvious progress that the scale will not show you.

Carbs are not the answer. You have plenty of energy reserves. You want more protein. If you’d look at my weight chart, you’d see that I’ve been “stalled” at 160 for a while. But I’ve been lifting for two months, and look far better, even if the number has been about the same. Your body is burning fat and adding muscle, with muscle being far more dense. Hell, don’t be surprised if tou actually start to gain weight. That’s ok, you’re just adding muscle weight because you’re challenging your body to move in ways it hasn’t before, and needs to rapidly add and repair muscle fibers.

All that said, shift your diet away from (non fiber) carbs, with more emphasis on protein and fats. Avoid sugar and alcohol at all costs.

>do strength workout 3x/week
>run 3 miles 3x/week on off days

feels good, but what do I do on my "day off" without feeling like a lazy piece of shit? long walk, then stretch routine? everything I've read has mentioned the importance of a rest day.

Off days are important, but if you’re feeling that pent up, I’d suggest doing yoga or swimming at a moderate pace

Rest days is when I take care of cleaning/laundry and catch up on sleep. You could also spend it working on a hobby that isn't fitness (you DID remember to have one of these, right user?)

>finish my jog
>shower
>realise I jogged in my last set of clean clothes out of the stuff I usually wear so all my regular clothes are dirty
>dig around my old closet
>find some shorts I haven't worn in like five years since they simply don't fit anymore, like I couldn't get them past my giant fat ass thighs at all
>"Maybe I should try them" expecting them to not fit
>they slide on and off easily, a little tight but comfortably so
>mfw

>when the nutritional information printed on the packet conflicts with the MyFitnessPal database

ENOUGH

How do you guys push through to the end. I only have 10 more pounds to go but I am just so tired of being hungry

Did you scan the actual barcode or just search? I think they need a new barcode for a new SKU (size/serving size). MFP is hilariously wrong sometimes.

I scanned the barcode.
I got these little bread baps that when I scan them, MFP says they're about 81 calories each
On the packet it says that 100g is 268kcal
I weighed all of them at once which came to about 270g, 45g for each bread bun.
Unless my math is wrong that works out at 121~ for each bread bun

>tfw omad

I don't understand.
I have a BMI of 48 and can still jog. Obviously I don't do it every day, or I wouldn't have a BMI of 48, but I *can*.
And yet this man, with a BMI of around 40, found himself stuck to a chair for two years.
Can anyone explain

Maybe he was just a hikki.

>I have a BMI of 48 and can still jog
fucking what

you are either lying or the 50% of you that isn't a hambeast is swole as shit

I'm on my 2nd day of cutting, and I already can taste a lot more tastes. My black tea tasted surprisingly sweet despite having nothing added in it, I could get used to this.

>never skip cutting day

>doing pull ups
>last rep
>exhausted
>scramble to get my earphone out and check my phone
>ear phone wire comes out of my phone
>song I had on goes to max volume
>It was Erika
>not even german
>mfw

Should I even go back?

Yes. Just wear an Erika shirt and they'll think you're a huge fan.

daily

For fatties like me that are very, very overweight (320 @ 6'), what is the fastest I can safely lose weight?

Keto+IF. I started at 328 in Feb, am currently 234. So close to 100lbs lost. Hitting a pretty hard plateau right now though. Eating like shit (not like I used to, just not as good as I had been). Scale hasn't been going up, but it's not going down either. Feel like I need to change things up. Maybe I'll go Vegan for a month. IDK. Anyway, keto+IF is weight loss on cheat codes. Read the sticky, then look at youtube for videos on keto and intermittent fasting. First two weeks will suck (aside from the probably 10-15lbs you will lose that first week) and then after that IF is much easier. I started at 16:8 and now I do OMAD.

Perfect.

OMAD = GOMAD? Or, what's OMAD?

One meal a day instead of gallon of milk a day. Personally I don't drink milk while cutting. You can get your protein from meat.

Read the fucking sticky for the board.

You have to even out your calorie intake to a balance of neither gaining or lossing for a week before you transition from weight loss to gains.

Your body is freaking out. It is holding on to every calorie because it thinks your old weight is considered normal so it is trying to get back there. It will actually lower your metabolism to achieve that goal.

(Thank your ancestors who needed that to survive starvation)

Just
>Reach desired weight loss goal.
>Eat calorie intake to maintain that weight for a week. Measure with a food scale.
>Increase calorie intake and nutrition ratios for gains.

My progress so far. Weigh in usually every day, went on vacation first two weeks in July.

Oh fuck, one meal a day? That's a good goal.

What does your one meal look like?

R8 my dinner

Approximately 510 calories or one large snickers.

First off I just answered the OMAD question. I'm not him. I usually do a light lunch for between 200-300 calories and then at most a big dinner usually between 500-600 calories. If I'm hungry I have a protein cookie for about 330 calories. I do it all in an eight hour window though so it's technically intermittent fasting or IF. That's just my approach.

It's not as hard as you think.

USUALLY, 8-10 oz of chicken breast, pork chops, or steak, veggies, and shredded potatoes (kroger brand) that are like 70 calories for one cup. This is since I stopped doing keto. On Keto it was basically steak and bacon and fat bombs. I just don't like enough keto-approved foods to stay on keto.

When I started 16:8, for lunch I would have 8oz of chicken and 4 oz of veggies, and pretty much the same thing for dinner.

Hey /fat/ something kind of weird going on. Don't know if I'm just sick or if I should actually go see a doctor. I'm on the brink of losing 100 pounds and the last thing I want to have is something to hold that up. Basically over the weekend I think I got food poisoning, had to skip work and the gym for Monday because no one wants shit blown out on the floor (especially if it's me). Today I went to the gym but I'm having some serious shortage of breath. I haven't felt this short of breath since I stopped drinking soda a year and a half ago. I'm basically exhausted at this point in the day but still will march on to work. Should I go see a doctor for this if it keeps up tomorrow?

Jesus that looks depressing

I was about to say throw some spice on that chicken then I noticed the hot sauce. I'm not big on beans, I'm more into broccoli, but that's pretty close to how I eat.

You should have seen a doctor already. Shortness of breath is a bad sign man.

get help user, it could be dehydration as well..

I had the norovirus once and I think I almost died shitting myself from dehydration

So if i eat 1500 cals and the burn 1500 cals exorsizing do they cancel

Sure if you really can lose 1500 exorcising demons.

Literally nothing wrong with Erika. It's a very lovely song, not a single bad word in it.

>tfw just woke up and wow servers are down for another hours
literally what am i going to do with my life for the next hour holy shit fuck you blizzard i don't pay $15 for this

Exercise you fat fucking faggot? Perfect time and weather to take a nice jog and breathe in some fall air. Neo-WoW sucks fucking dick also, not sure what you feel you are missing out on. Has doing ToS for the millionth time not burnt you out yet?

Work on your cooking skills. That chicky is depressing as hell. Good job sticking to your macros though!

Safe is a relative term. Probably not a terrible idea to talk to your doctor since god knows you havent been in years and could potentially have a health condition that could make doing meme diets a mistake.In the end, its all about calories though. Some diets like Keto can be easier to get into or harder depending on what you ate to get fat as fuck in the first place.

>Trips checkd
You can manually enter the stuff ater scanning the barcode if it's wrong and it only takes about 30 seconds
>pic related
I can jog and run and function fine too...how is that crazy?

i would say probably just don't go under 1200 calories. 1500 if you can help it. exercise on top of it is fine. I eat 1500 per day but burn at least an extra pound off per week from working and I'm 240lbs

Meant for

I have this problem where sometimes i fuck up (most of us do) and I know the important thing is to forgive myself and get back on the wagon the next day, but my fuck ups always end up lasting DAYS. I have these monster binge sessions that take place over the course of days, sometimes up to a week like the one I just had. These usually start with me being good all day and then at the end of the night I eat until I feel like throwing up. But it's not enough. I'm still thinking about the food I want to eat when my stomachs not so full. So the binge continues into the next day, then the next, etc. These are monster fucking binges. I'm trying to get better and making it a one day only thing when it happens though.

Learn to cook and buy food that tastes good when you cook it. My lunch today was me cooking two pounds of shrimp in chipotle pepper seasoning and then using the water and fat from the shrimp to stove cook some zucchini pasta in cheese sauce. 100 grams of shrimp and 107 grams of pasta was 210 calories and now I have meal prepped my next few days with delicious lunches.

So I stopped being a little bitch and finally signed up for a half marathon. I've been running properly since I started loosing weight again and I've been milling around at around the 10k mark hesitating to go much further.

Prior to putting weight on a few years ago (put 20kg on over the last two years at Uni), I ran marathons a few times a year (pick related). Coming back to running has been hard, it sucks going from running for 4 hours to struggling to run for more than a minute- but I've worked my way back up to 10k. Just need to take the leap to go further, and I'm hoping signing up for a half for next June is just the shove I need. Not stopped shaking though since I paid for the entry!

Wish me luck /fat/. I'm hoping by next june I should be near goal weight (15kg lost so far, 10-15kg to go) and hitting that half in under two hours.

Anyone else training for a half/marathon?

Welp, got health check today boys. Blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure are text book perfect. However, I'm quite overweight, 145kg, 6'.

Broke up with my GF of 6 years last Monday, so now it's finally spurred me to go to the gym. Workout hurt a lot even today, two days later, but gonna try and go again tonight. Legs are burning, but I'll do something light.

I've worked out if I stick to 8000kj a day, I can cut down to a healthyish weight in a year. I reckon I can do it boys. I've dieted before, and I'm happy because i haven't gained weight since dieting in Feb.

Heavy or home no option

i just ate 3 scoops of saffron icecream AMA

Training for a marathon sometime next year, had a half in the summer, for which I was hilariously unprepared. What's your current 10k time?

Wut?

You mean don't do a light workout, and if I can't do something heavy then to skip it? Seems like a shit way to start developing a hobby.

Goofy

Was it worth it?

no, but i want to go down and eat even more now

Don't go down on the ice cream. You'll just end up with a wet cold nose and a fatter belly and tits.

>mostly fell off the wagon for 2 weeks
>weighed myself yesterday, i was 6 lbs above my lowest and panicked
>stuck with it, weighed myself this morning and im right back to my lowest, it was mostly water weight

phew. back on the grind boys

>tfw a bounce back after 2 days of no gym
I'm almost under 100kg, I have to make it lads.

Anyone else struggling to quit the snacking? I'm not eating huge and terrible meals but I can't help but grab a cookie or two when I go in the kitchen.

I live in my parents basement and they are fat and I want to die

I'm not eating loads of junk but it's a small part of what I eat every day and I can't seem to drop it. I'm still losing weight, exercising constantly and feeling fine but I feel like I should be cultivating enough self control to not eat any 'muh treats' at all. Dunno if I'm memeing myself into taking things too seriously or not.

I have a treat every day. It's almost always 100 calories, it doesn't bring me over my deficit, it isn't a problem.

If what you are doing works and you like it, don't change.

If it works and you don't like it, change something.

If you want to die, go to therapy because your problems are bigger than weight loss.

i seriously cant afford my own food. i need to save a lot of money while at my parents house. but i also need protein for muscle building and i just cant fucking count calories for the shit thats just laying in the fridge with no labels. so how do i watch my calorie intake? do i go with my gut?

Settle down m8 you can measure most things. If your primary concern is weightloss don't worry about protein and other macros yet, you need to get accustomed to eating at a deficit first. It gets easier if you put even a tiny bit of effort in.

Are you sure one of them isnt reading it in kilojoules? 1 cal = 4 kj

>Started coming to this board about 2 months ago because i was unhappy with how my body was going after quitting construction
>Get motivated
>Been liftan and dietan
>Actually losing weight
>Feeling alot happier mentally too

Thank you boys

>tfw same
>only lost 10pounds in 2months
>this month I haven't even lost any weight
>Thanksgiving is coming
>lost weight for 2months just so I can gain it all back in one day
JUST

bring back wojak someone pls

>tfw eating 150g+ of protonz a day
>tfw can't stop farting every 5 seconds

Get healthier snacks to replace the cookies. Exercise and count calories. Once you put a shit ton of effort into your workout and realize that one cookie will reverse your entire progress, it's not hard to quit. Otherwise it's just willpower and discipline, stop being a pussy.

If you regret eating that junk later, yes you should improve self control because you're not happy for your weakness. If you think it was ok to eat because there was no harm then there's no harm.

Are you me?
How do I stop this?

Confess.

I drank half a bottle of gin and a whole pizza last night. First day i fucked up in a few weeks though so aside from the insane stomach pain from the pizza its alright

>Start bicycle riding
>It's great
>Have to use my mums bike
>It's comfy as fuck

>sometimes up to a week
mine are one or two days tops and i feel like shit after

Went over my calorie goal by 33 but also didn’t add in 400 from working out so nothing to confess. Actually ate p good

I've lost close to 100lbs over the past year to avoid loose skin, eat incredibly well, hit macros, began lifting, etc. Goal is to go from 220 current to 150/160~ but strong/fit enough to either enlist or join the RCMP.

C-can I make it bros? Any tips?

I got a free meal at McDonald's (double quarter pounder) because of fuck up and rationalized my lack of spending money to go get 2 chicken burritos and a beefy 5 layer burrito from taco bell

Yes you can make it. 235 a year ago to 160 now. You aleady know what you need to do, now do it

Pinched a loaf and felt something hit the back of my sack. I jump up and there's a fecal anaconda running from the front rim of the toilet all the way down into the drain about as big around as my wrist with fucking steam pouring off it. Sometimes I almost regret the FiberPro™ lifestyle, but it was basically a no-wiper, so it works out.