Is there anything more cringeworthy than grown men still doing martial arts?

Is there anything more cringeworthy than grown men still doing martial arts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AwPFIFXqg-M
kampfkunstmagazin.de/wing-tsun-polizei-militaer-ausbildung/
youtube.com/watch?v=QfNHFv2slMY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is there anything more cringe worthy than a grown man who can't defend himself with his hands?

Men doing yoga

Is there anything more cringe worthy than grown men watching shows about martial arts?

Men who dont know martial arts

this

Grown men who don't do martial arts.

Yeah, when a lifter gets manhandled by a twink manlet who trains martial arts.

> falling for bait this hard
All that sparing must have given you guys brain damage

Once again, fpbp

Is there anything more cringeworthy than a grown man who can’t throw a punch?

Depends on the art. Karate and Judo are fine. TKD and Kung Fu are for manchildren. BJJ is for nu-males.

Most of us learned it when we were kids. You shouldnt still be sparring 8 year old girls wearing your pajamas when you are a grown ass man.

Tkd blackbelt here. Id kick you in the fuckn ribs

this kek. Op is technically a woman

Karate is garbage that will never hold it's own competitively. Judo is legit but doesn't compete with BJJ, which is hands down, reliably, consistently, the best martial art in a one-on-one fight. TKD is right there with Karate in being mostly only effective against people who can't fight. And while Kung fus only complicate what is usually more simple than that, the shaolin monks would still probably kick most of our asses.

If you want a fast kill take Ving Chun but youll stay dyel and look really ridicoulous. It the fastest most efficient technique though. In Germany every cop and bouncer learns it

^literally this!
Especially when it is some asian bullshit martial arts like ving tsun or karate which doesn't work and doesn't require any lifting or cardio.

>ving chun
>fast kill
>most efficient

rekt
fpbp

I think its pretty ridicoulous but theres a reason bouncers and police is getting trained that way here. You dont need to and wont get fit though. Everyone calls it different and you look like a retard as a pro

This.

What a jealous loser you are

Sure you would rummy!!

Black belt in isshinryu checking in. Be me and have confidence in fighting skills that I never have to worry where I go cause I have the confidence to defend myself and others. It's all about the foundation that martial arts gives a person. That's why it's best to learn from everything else as well just not one style.

At least you're honest enough to admit it's effective despite it looking silly. Much respect to you user. May your days be long!

You take that back faggot

Is there anything more cringeworthy than making fun of someone for pursuing an enjoyable, healthy hobby?

Depends on which Karate you're talking about.
Shotokan/point-sparring Karate, then yeah.
Kyokushin on the other hand, is known to produce some tough sons of bitches. MMA fighters even claim that Kyokushin guys tank hits like no other.

Kung-fu is too theoretical and the systems within kung-fu are quite different from each other yet completely focused in one aspect of an area: Mainly striking. It frowns on sparring and when they do spar, they just switch gears to Sanda. Which is really just Chinese Muay Thai with throws. Sanda isn't bad at all, but why not practice what you'd use in an altercation?

Litteally no one trains that shit.
A good cop should learn BJJ/wrestling as a mandatory skill.
Not some meme crap that is entirely uselsss.

What's the best martial art to incapacitate someone as soon as possible?

Does anybody know of a martial art style that utilizes pulling or grappling over punching? I have a torn pectoral minor.

Fpbp

Some are cringe worthy, particularly fat ones who think they're actually decent at anything. Some have really hot bodies and are absolute cuties though. I'd 100% rather date a guy who does martial arts over a guy who just lifts

Ju Jitsu. Also the more you weigh, the better you will do in a fight, in general

why would you do BJJ if judo is strictly focused on the useful parts with no dumb hugging on the ground

Why are you going to a children's gym? Most martial arts places are adult only. And even Still, studios that accept kids don't train them with the adults. They have separate classes and shouldn't be in classes with adults.

Judo? BJJ?

Because the ground game is essential to someone working as policeman?

No? If you're grappling on the ground you're fucked anyway

I think BJJ is actually more in control of a situation. Which, if you're a bouncer or cop, is paramount.
If you're Judo throwing assailants to the ground, I'm pretty sure they could suffer hip or joint injuries from the impact. BJJ is more about the lock up, whereas Judo is definitely about the throw.

Most Judo places now focus on the Olympic sport anyway, which pretty much lacks ground game. If you're looking for complete Judo (with ground work), you'd probably need to find a school in Japan or someone who trained in Japan.

Veeky Forums is easily, EASILY, the most bait-able board, hands fucking down.

How you will defend yourself if someone behind you strike your head with steel pipe?

>BJJ, which is hands down, reliably, consistently, the best martial art

>martial art
>healthy
lmao

Isn't Constantine bisexual?

??
Do you know how often police men are in very close range with people that can potentially snap?
Checking their IDs, putting cuffs on, talking to people etc. They are ALWAYS exposed to people trying to pummel them down and are in great danger of losing control over their weapon in that scenario.
They HAVE to know how to control the situation when it goes to the ground and gets messy, otherwise they put themselves and everyone around at death risk.

In the original book, he mentioned fucking a bloke or two, in like, issue 3 or whatever (been too longsince I last read it). Then around the mid-2ks they decided to write a story about him going full homo, with BDSM Dungeons and whatever, which most people ignore. Post-Flashpoint,they made him a flamboyant faggot.

So yeah, JonCon's Bi, but he's not a "faggot". Same way Midnighter's gay,but not a faggot. You have to be a submissive, beta-ass bitch to be a faggot.

That is statistically marginal.

TKD and Karate are great if you're under the age of 14 and your parents need to drop you off somewhere so they can have some alone time.

Boxing is basically the only thing worth learning in the US.

defend yourself buddeh

LOOOL martial arts are a fucking meme

Everything is about strenght, this is say a trained female at fighting doesnt stand a chance against the most untrained male

If you wanna be good at fighting just get strong, bruce lee pointed on this, george foreman pointed on this, mike tyson pointed on this

Ask any seriously fighter of any era,their base despites their fighting strenght were their insane strenght

Show me statistics please

this

Technique will always lose to raw strength.

>nb4 that powerlifter who was beaten to death by a manlet russian

youtube.com/watch?v=AwPFIFXqg-M

shitty bait

>implying that manlet russian wasn't lifting himself
>implying his leg had no weight

>Literallee
kampfkunstmagazin.de/wing-tsun-polizei-militaer-ausbildung/

German millitary, police and special forces actually learn it.

>Is there anything more cringeworthy than grown men still doing martial arts?

Nordic Walking.

Raw strenght is also the easiest and most effective way to have insane ko power, you think tyson was that buff for fun ? Dude was so strong at his prime he could if he wanted literally go for wrestling or any strenght sport if he wanted

What is the most Veeky Forums martial art?

>too retarded to watch the video I posted

Y..you too user

Freestyle and greco-roman wrestling, no discuss

Rofl, when kids are kids doesnt matter what the fuck they do their strenght level is almost the same on everything since they have low test

Also claiming my argument is wrong by showing me a lame fight between kids makes no sence

This, without doubt, look at people like milo of crotona, victor delamarre, alexander zass, the great ganma

All of them wrestlers and the strongest me of their era literally goats

>he doesn't have a 6inch titanium skull to use as a weapon

So why would you not want both?

>Bruce lee pointed at this
No, he didn't. He did like to steer away from forms and the dogmas of martial arts, but mostly emphasized mobility, speed and effective movement technique.

here you go dumb nigger:

youtube.com/watch?v=QfNHFv2slMY

I may wanna do TKD since it's the only place close by and I mostly just want to stop being clumsy and unathletic even though I already lift and run. Is that really so wrong?

TKD is pretty memey which is why you only see kids there. It's just a money sink for middle aged moms to babysit their retarded children and burn off some energy without actually learning anything useful.

Are you sure there's nothing else nearby? Not even boxing?

not the other user, but I would love to do boxing. only issue is the nearest place that offers it is some 40 miles away.

>better my forearm than my head
>try to angle or deflect it to take the least amount of damage
>close distance to neutralize pipe advantage
>tackle fucker to ground
>beat him with remaining good arm, headbutts, bites
That's a pretty simple situation user. Not a pleasant one but with a rounded education in fighting you can punch your way out of it
>inb4 LARPing
Well, you always have the option of running the fuck away and turning your back on an armed opponent

The obscure eastern arts are extremely cringe.

Western arts + a few exceptions (muay thai, judo, kyokushin, sambo) are cool.

boxing is great but it seems to be a matter of luck whether or not there are any gyms near you. There's at least 3 within 10 miles of me.

this

Yeah, grown men NOT doing martial arts.
Ooooohhh
TOLD
Feel that peer pressure and the illusion of societal expectation yet OP?
Ooooohhhhh
gottem

I know this is bait but fuck it. What's wrong with karate again? It's literally just blocking, punching, and kicking techniques that are effective for a variety of sizes of people. Did you fall for the board-breaking meme?

Bjj/boxing memester here

>judo+boxing

Don't need more to defend yourself against the vast majority of people in a real scenario if you can't run away.

>Wing Chun
>Fast kill
>Most efficient

Please stop. If what you say about the German cops are true, then it's no wonder they're getting cucked so hard by Muhammad.

>literally everything that isn't boxing

boxing works your back though. Non-retards understand this.

after you throw a punch, what do boxers do? pull it back as fast as possible to guard themselves.

Yep, this.

my shoulders and lower back have been doing great since adding yoga to my rest day

It's really a waste of time, you're better off doing almost any other athletic activity

>In Germany every cop […] learns it
Bullshit. They do german ju jutsu and special stuff adapted to their needs.

Which one is the cringiest of all? Aikido?

I feel like this deserves its own thread, MA CRINGE. That will be a lot of fun!

FUCK YOU. Hiking is fun.

>Aikido
I don't know dude, I trained Aikido for a year and I've been using a lot of the movements I learned there effectively on both Judo and BJJ.
But yeah, Aikido on its own is pretty much a dance

Soy Boy Spotted

>Aikido
Heavily depends on the style. Aikikai is faggot MA-ballet

HAHAHAH, that bodybuilder is the typical /Fitizen. You are all weak losers.Pussies

grown men posting on anime imageboards

You dumb nigger.KYS now faggot.

hahaha maaan I just signed up with gracie barra last night and bought the patch-covered gi! it's the only practical martial arts dojo in my area and just opened up a couple weeks ago so I was excited. how the hell do you find a sambo club?
anyway, just remember fedor vs werdum

ken shamrock vs royce gracie my dude

Sambo is extremely hard to find outside of New York and California.

My main complaint with BJJ is the small emphasis on takedowns. Unless you train in a gym full of ex collegiate wrestlers you are shit out of luck. I've rolled with brown belts who couldn't even do basic takedowns and always resorted to pulling guard.