How do I become an amateur MMA fighter with a background in only boxing? I'm 6'3" 215 lbs...

How do I become an amateur MMA fighter with a background in only boxing? I'm 6'3" 215 lbs. What's the most proficient martial art to help improve my grappling/ground game?

wrestling you stupid fuck. it's always been the best foundation for MMA

I suck at wrestling

Learn wrestling or judo. Then learn BJJ. that's good enough for you to be not garbage.

Wrestling and Jew Jitsu they're both pretty important if your trying to develop a well rounded ground game. Also go to a mma gym.

I'll admit it... I have a fascination with Pudzianowski...
Just look at that body... Those traps, arms, chest, bulging abs... Don't get me started in the jaw... The cold blue eyes... The buzz cut...

There's something awe inspiring about him... Truly the best...

Striking

Then you suck at MMA. Get ready to have your ass handed to you by anyone who's a half-competent striker.

Basically this, you need to get some sort of base in grappling and at some point to go very far you'll need some BJJ training.

Really it's a shame there's not some sort of middle ground sport between boxing/kickboxing and MMA where strikers would prosper more. IOW something where there's a limit to how long they could stay on the ground.

is he really that skinny now?

I agree.I havent kept up with him since his WSM days but he was definitely one of the all time best.

Nope

boxing + bjj usually works best if you've not been wrestling since you were young

Depends on your temperament, would advise aggros to do wrestling than bjj. If you're into fag stuff go straight bj

Did he tear his right bicep?

Wrestling is literally the most important skill. If you suck at wrestling you're fucked.

Just sign up with an mma gym. My grappling trainer teaches us a mix of techniques from wrestling, jewdo and bjj and what not. Pretty shway desu

The correct answer is to find a good MMA gym where they will teach you both wrestling and jiu jitsu. You can succeed at the really low levels with only one of the two, but if you want to compete at a higher level you'll need both.

Either you'll get submitted if you only know wrestling and you run into a good BJJ guy, or you'll be unable to take someone down if you run into a good wrestler and only do BJJ.

>Conor McGregor
>One of the best MMA fighters of all time
>Never practiced wrestling in his life
Lmao shit the fuck up retard

>>Conor McGregor
>>One of the best MMA fighters of all time

delusional. you fell for the marketing.

if youre good at striking and not good at wrestling then just get into Muay Thai

>KO'd Aldo in 13 seconds
>TKO'd Alvarez
>Fucked up the current FW champ
>Fucked up Nate Diaz
>One of the best records in the UFC
>P4P #2
How is he not one of the best MMA fighters of all time?

he is not even in the top 20 you dumb faggot. meme tier fighter that was pushed by Dana and given can after can after can, UFC is the WWE with less class.

>Jose Aldo and Nate Diaz are cans

>>KO'd Aldo in 13 seconds

fluke

>>TKO'd Alvarez

paid off

>>Fucked up Nate Diaz

wrong

>trains in MMA
>MMA includes wrestling

Please stop talking.

BJJ or wrestling.