Calories In, Calories Out

Uncanny similarities between articles and narrow time frame

What is happening? Who is behind this? Why?

Hard mode: Don't blame the jews. Fuck off /pol/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilbur_Olin_Atwater
archive.is/LMYif
archive.is/jFMo4
archive.is/WG68R
archive.is/82fBR
archive.is/ymQWR
archive.is/zNlgr
web.archive.org/web/20171113203905/http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/cico-diet-trend-weight-loss-health-warning-nutritionist-a8052871.html
archive.is/0fKEk
archive.is/1xXk2
archive.is/CH5Od
web.archive.org/web/20171112092109/https://hellogiggles.com/lifestyle/health-fitness/diet-blowing-reddit-heres-nutritionists-never-recommend/
archive.is/0PrjW
news.google.com/news/story/dcTNitQ-eBbQZLMww5PSBi3X6PL0M?hl=en
twitter.com/AnonBabble

aren't every single diet just a way for getting more calories out than in? this is confusing me lol

Just fucking eating your veggies and don't pig out.

People are easier to control if they are fat, lazy, unhealthy, and require expensive medical treatments

CICO isn't even a meme diet plan like keto it's literally the rule that your body follows. Obviously you should still hit your macros or else you'll feel like shit and be skinnyfat but you'll lose weight overall

same reason they disaprove of fasting.

nutritionists are mostly stupid women who never actualize their knowledge and will never admit their bullishit advice is sub optimal.

And they get less work

Semites.

>Semites.
>Hard mode: Don't blame the jews. Fuck off /pol/

>Semites = Jews
anti-sionist shill detected

>(((Cohen)))

It's nothing new. Most journalists and writers belong to a consortium that construct a story behind the scenes to later be disseminated to as many publications as possible. This is done in order to create the appearance of a naturally germinating consensus rather than a constructed narrative, so as to make the underlying maxim of said narrative appear self-evident. Most of what you see and hear on the news doesn't come from the named person writing or reporting, but is rather just a paraphrase of a memo handed down to them.

just looking at the picture, there's nothing wrong with the statements there. are you guys even able to read properly without whining and moaning instantly?

>diet that forces people to only look at numbers isn't sustainable

it's right to some extent because people could get obsessed by numbers if they are retarded

>only caring about the numbers without paying attention to vitamins equals people being able to eat junk food as long as they are in the range of calories

I see no issue there because there are enough retards even on this board who eat fast food all the time with the argument of "muh calories in and out!"

>would never be recommended by nutritionists

obviously it wouldn't because proper nutritionists tell people to eat vitamins, ergo fruits, vegetables, grains, meat, and whatever the fuck is healthy. if you only eat good and healthy stuff, you usually don't have to pay attention to the calories you are consuming while having a good body

stop being such negative assholes and crying once you see something you don't instantly agree with 100%

I wonder why (((nutrionists))) dont want people knowing how simple their profession actually is and having large amounts of people get all the weight loss advice they need for free.

If you're managing pro athletes and getting people to an exact target for a weigh in, then thats difficult but most of them just farm money off of retarded fatties

Fuck off reddit

this. it has to be the most meme field someone can go for.

its easy to force gullible people to do keto. Just think about it, they lose weight but they fuck up their whole system and get heart problems, diabetes and cancer past 40 years old. Easy clients for the future. And since people tend to be extremly stupid, the go on doing a keto diet.

Everytime I see someone who does Keto, I instantly start laughting and go away.

>keto hasn't even been around long enough to observe long term effects
>claims it will kill you in the long run
also, like every other meme diet extremely few people go with it for longer than a year or two
and no, i'm not and have never been on it

A keto diet is high in Polyunsaturated fats, these fats slow down our mitochondria's cytochrome oxidase (cell respiration), inhibit the thyroid's ability to make thyroid hormone, react with thyroid hormone, and even lower our liver's ability to convert T4 into T3, so these fats lower metabolism in every way possible.. These fats are also highly sensitive to UV light and heat which means a high fat diet will make you extremely sensitive to the sun and cause sun burning. The oxidative stress from peroxidative damage will increase too, Vitamin E requirements increase with PUFA intake.. Fat also oxidises slower than sugars. So.. Yeah I don't think Keto is a good idea even short term.

>if you only eat good and healthy stuff, you usually don't have to pay attention to the calories you are consuming while having a good body
m8 i can eat clean and still hit 4k calories in a day easily.

>Who is behind this?
In the end, an American Jew named Wilbur Atwater.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilbur_Olin_Atwater

A certain affluent race of people with disproportionately large noses.

are they the same as the ones behind the random and sudden vegan shilling?

>CICO isn't even a meme diet plan like keto it's literally the rule that your body follows.
American education.

How can one country be so stupid on average, yet still manage to fly to the moon? Oh, yeah, sorry, captivated Germans.

>These fats are also highly sensitive to UV light and heat which means a high fat diet will make you extremely sensitive to the sun and cause sun burning
Ah yes, that's why i've been seeing so many people with their skin melting off their faces lately. Must have all been on keto
Stop overanalyzing so much, you don't have the body of a 90yo, not everything will kill you. Keto works and is a lot less harmful than some of the alternatives.

>CICO diet
>diet
we're calling basic knowledge of the way humans process energy a diet now okay...

>nutritionists warn against neglecting essential nutrients
>pack it up guys counting calories is bad for you
Fucking hell, I'm so glad I'm past the point of falling for this, it's objectively clickbait designed to profit from fat people looking for any excuse to avoid reality and it doesn't matter what the actual content of the article is because they will have already formed a first impression.

it's fucking disgusting but these people sure know how to get people to read articles, It's kind of impressive...

>(((Nutritionists))) say the way to lose weight is to take in more calories than you use

halp

Has a nutritionist ever made someone less fat?

>Don't blame the jews
That's like asking why the day is bright and refusing to accept the sun for an answer

Seriously every nutritionist is some fat 30 year old woman who's just angry at everyone. Why do people trust them?

Partially scientists whose results are shortened into "news" and patially the evergrowing haes bitches that foud their way into news, institutions and shit. It's similar to feminism: They get older, they must earn money also they monetise their bullshit and their meme degrees (genderstudies, soon fat studies ...).

But well, maybe I'm just be a white old grumpy male. /irony

>people can access information and diets on their own FOR FREE
>nutritionists aren't supportive
WEW

>explain why the jews fuck everything up
>without focusing on the jews

Space magic user. Not the jews. Space magic.

Nutritionist here. Shut the fuck up. It IS a difficult job. If it was easy, everyone would be super fit, instead of morbid obesity being common. So checkmate. QED.

Every fucking time

>nutritionists are not supportive of eating less
wat

It's an easy job

>cohen
>don't blames the jews

pick one

if you eat trash and low calories there';s some validity to this claim. You need your veggies, lean meats and clean fats

It's funny how true this is no matter the country, lol

>captivated Germans

They aren't wrong

My tinfoil theory is that the holidays are right around the corner and companies want people to buy shit tons of bad food, then New Years will roll around and companies like Weight Watchers can advertise New Years specials because people will be 10-20 lbs heavier

Can confirm, I studied nutrition.

Almost all material seems to be about vitamins and antioxidant quantities in different fruit and vegetables. You basically need to memorize them... Which fruits are good for lowering blood pressure, which ones are good for bones etc.

It's all bullshit and for some reason completely misses out the macros.

I remember in once class I was hounded for suggesting an overweight man with high blood pressure should reduce his caloric intake to lose weight in order to reduce his blood pressure... The correct answer was to recommend he eat some celery and drink beetroot juice.

Notable examples:

New York Post: archive.is/LMYif

Daily Mail: archive.is/jFMo4

Fox News: archive.is/WG68R

Huffpo: archive.is/82fBR

CBS: archive.is/ymQWR

Yahoo News: archive.is/zNlgr

The Independent: web.archive.org/web/20171113203905/http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/cico-diet-trend-weight-loss-health-warning-nutritionist-a8052871.html

Health Magazine: archive.is/0fKEk

Women's Health: archive.is/1xXk2

Whimn: archive.is/CH5Od

Hello Giggles: web.archive.org/web/20171112092109/https://hellogiggles.com/lifestyle/health-fitness/diet-blowing-reddit-heres-nutritionists-never-recommend/

International Business Times: archive.is/0PrjW

Google: just google "CICO", and the first couple of pages are 90% anti-CICO bullshit; also see recommended articles by Google News: news.google.com/news/story/dcTNitQ-eBbQZLMww5PSBi3X6PL0M?hl=en

Damn everyone is getting in on this, definitely suspicious

All these articles repeat the same points, almost word by word, like if they had all received a press release (from who?)
> They call CICO a "new fad", "the latest thing", "a popular trend that is taking the internet by storm", etc., implying the principle of "eating less" is a novel concept that someone just came up with.
> They bring in a nutritionist (the names vary between articles), who explains that CICO can be unhealthy and dangerous because it doesn't take into account the balance of macro- and micro-nutrients (implying this is worse than being obese).
> The title or intro to the article misrepresents this argument with claims like "nutritionists warn CICO is a dangerous fad diet", or "nutritionists recommend avoiding CICO", despite the nutritionist had only provided a caveat.
> They all mention reddit, sometimes in the title, and blame it for the spread of this dangerous fad, as they warn you about the dangers of believing what you read on the internet (ironically).

really depressing. but on the plus side, less competition for me. but on the down side, degeneration of society as a whole :(

Will also like to point out that anyone can call themselves nutritionists, dietitians is the profession that is regulated by law to have a professional standard, at least in the UK.

This is going to be infuriating because all the normies, especially some like my parents, are going to point to this article as fact because they still believe the MSM is always honest.

Too much money in keeping people as obese super consumers who'll need diet this and that and junkfood and other bullshit.

Wait till they get to true fasting.

That's going to blast their scalps off.

All diets suck except fasting.

Your second point is so true

>I-It isn't healthy!
Even if that were the truth, neither is being a fucking lardass.
Those "journalists" are just worried that their customers might stop buying their shitrags if they ever actually make it.

no, most diets are aimed at making you buy some shitty meme food (preferably in powder form) for a 300% markup.
they don't actually want their diet to work reliably or else they can't sell the same people the new Diet Of The Season Meme a couple months later.

>Why do people trust them?
Boggles my mind, too.

>Chantal, my daughter
>you are becoming woman now. you must choose person to listen to
>will you pick physically fit person and become desirable beauty
>or 400 lbs Shaniqua with degree in HAES?
>*whale noises*

They stomped on "eat less move more" as it "encourages eating disorders" and "implies not trying hard enough" which is mean.
It's just the same argument to the replacement phrase.

The answer is either these nutritional experts are working for diet companies who cant let on that there is no magic weight loss trick, or the fatties became nutritionists so they could spew their bullshit from a position of authority.

Saying CICO is bad advice, is like saying we can't tell people you put petrol in a car to make it work, as some retard will pour it through the window.

probably because if you paid attention to the macros it would be a couple hours seminar rather than a field of study.
if I can fix 99% of the problems with simple solutions, there's no real need for the complex ones anymore

and "implies not trying hard enough"
really jogs the noggin doesn't it?
not eating is quite easy, you don't have to try very hard at all. in fact, it's the absence of activity, so really you're doing nothing at all.

Nutritionist here.
It's an easy job, people are just stupid and have no clue about healthy nutrition.
If you were a nutritionist, you would know that, as you would be encountering people who don't realise you need to count calories in drinks too, and that chips with everything counts as eating their vegetables.

[Citation Needed]

>all the normies, especially some like my parents, are going to point to this article as fact because they still believe the MSM is always honest.

>parents are convinced that politicians are full of shit
>that the media constantly lies to them and so on

>yet they still believe everything they read in the newspaper or see on TV

>we're calling basic knowledge of the way humans process energy a diet now okay...
That's wrong, though, nobody knows if calories are even the correct unit.

You never studied nutrition.

>people not understanding their dietary needs.
>doesn't know processed or artificial vitamins and minerals are less effectively utilized by your body
>thinks crabs are more important than the very substances our body uses to process energy

sometimes i think this board is full of people who have never done anything physical ever

Nigerians?

>>and "implies not trying hard enough" which is mean.

>coworker who spends at least an hour in the gym each day (but can't be doing much else than meme workouts because she has no strength or endurance at all)
>asks me how I lose weight so fast
>tell her
>"haha, that can't be true, that's too easy"
>"losing weight is easy"
>rather than being happy that her problem can actually be easily solved (she's only overweight, not fat) and she's just been approaching it the wrong way she unironically starts to cry
I hate them so much

not really a tinfoil, becouse it is true in every year.

even they happen to work that's the underlying reason

jews

Didn't you learn anything from gamergate

>Who is behind this?
The sugar and animal product lobbyists.

>you never studied nutrition

Feel free to explain why you think this. Although I can't guarantee I'll refresh this page to check.

>vapid platitudes

>junk food-friendly diet
Isn't CICO literally just keeping track of how much food you eat and how much exercise you do?

Yes

>lyndi cohen
>don't blame the jews

Stay sheltered, goy.

>Nobody knows if calories are even the correct unit
Yeah gotta be fucking nautical miles instead

I'm I on an alternative dimension? Isn't CICO the staple, official, normie way of losing weight since the 80s? What the fuck is going on here?

>I have never read a study in my life but listen to me it's bad

Yes, however nutritionalists cannot recommend it because somebody could choose to eat 2 bags of Doritos a day and nothing else

This nigga knows about Ray Peat.

jews.

they planned to push this fat acceptance shit beginning in 2014.

they're trying to kill off the lower retards by letting them eat themselves to death.

>A keto diet is high in Polyunsaturated fats

Not inherently, no.

>nobody knows if calories are even the correct unit

Are you clinically retarded? A calories is an arbitrary unit we use to measure energy. It has nothing to do with the body, or food itself.

I read the Huffpost article.

It's just poorly written article about how CICO is not the only thing to take into consideration if you want to eat healthy. As someone in that article said, you can lose weight by eating chocolate only but that's not healthy.

pic semi-related

>nobody knows if calories are even the correct unit.
>calories
>unit
>4.184Kilojoules
>1.162watthours
>2.611e+22electronvolts
>3.96btus
>3085ftlbs

What fucking unit do you want?

I feel like this is a common theme.
>Sloots are so easy these days, and so many guys are bugmen soy boys, uts so easy to my dick wet all the time
>but society is fucked because weve completely destroyed our traditional gender roles and sex relations and families are unstable dumpster fires

>journo: people on the internet are saying that Calories in, Calories out is all it takes to lose weight. Is this true?
>nutritionist: well, yeah, but you shouldn't go full retard with it and should make sure that you still get good macros and vitamins, you'll lose weight regardless but you'll still be unhealthy if you only eat cheesy potatoes.
>journo: you heard it here first, folks: CICO is a dangerous fad diet that just doesn't work.

>talk to a personal trainer about losing weight
Eat less
>talk to a doctor about weight loss
Eat less
>talk to an actual nutritionist about diet
Eat less
>talk to some meme blogger
It's not about how much you eat it's about having the right mind set, these diets are unhealthy to you way of thinking because you have to focus on what your doing and use numbers like what are those?

Colour me surprised.

It’s the Jews you fucking incel. They want you fat and unhealthy so they can make money on your insurance.

If something is deemed bad by MSM that usually means it works.

>why is the media doing something?
>don't you dare point out who runs rhe media!

That being said, the articles I've seen aren't claiming CICO doesn't work. Just that you shouldn't get all those calories from candy. You should throw in some veggies and some meat.

This Tbh

Fasting is for retards............
Like you.

It's the jews you fucking redditor

>least miserable, fastest, simplest and cheapest option
>pretty much zero (0) negative physiological effects
How exactly is it for brainlets again?

Wtf i love jews now

Fasting was a joke that got out of hand like nofap. You incels with your tiny dicks and brains too literal. You should go back to red-dit with the rest of your newfag friends. Chan isn’t your home.

Eating less just destroys your metabolism because your body - if it's human - always prefers to eat up muscle before fat. So, you have to eat less. And less. And over time, even less.

In the end, you will end up skinnyfat with a TDEE of like 800. This always happens unless you are on roids, which is why natty bodybuilders always destroy their own career when they cut down for their first show, because you will almost never get that muscle back even when eating more again. It takes over a year to correct your metabolism again, by which point you will be fatter than before with a net loss in muscle that you cannot recover until you bulk again, which will again increase fat more than before.

Normal people usually don't care about muscle mass as long as they lose numbers on the scale, so this is something you will never ehar from them. Most of Veeky Forums doesn't lift to any appreciable amount either, so they wouldn't know.

The solution is to eat more and move more. This will increase muscle and metabolism, making you low bodyfat over time.

>implying it's not an ancient secret of the brahmin-ksatriyah class only maligned by mechanistic-materialist plebeian engineers (too low to be scientists)

>your body - if it's human - always prefers to eat up muscle before fat

May as well be. Ever researched how the calories in your food are actually measured? Dumbass.

>Isn't CICO the staple, official, normie way of losing weight since the 80s?
No, it was invented around 1900, didn't work, so people went for fad diets instead. Now we've come full circle and it won't work this time either. Sure, you'll lose weight, which will be water and muscle. Only after the muscle is almost completely gone will the body attack the fat. This is all well-established and has been for decades (hence why professional athletes including bodybuilders will almost never do a caloric cut and instead increase training load), but nutrition has become a religion now and you don't question religion.

>Implying your body prefers fat as a fuel when it has delicious protein that additionally increases metabolism when it wants to lower metabolism to avoid starvation.
God fucking damn it. Why are weightlifter without coaches so stupid?

You know what? Forget what I said, get a good coach.