/RGT/ Robinhood General Thread

We dont have a fucking thread Edition

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Other urls found in this thread:

axios.com/reddit-ceo-sets-sights-on-ipo-2509170177.html?
youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also, first for NMM

>2 hours until i get JUSTed

cant wait boys

XXII!!! Make some fucking money!!!!!

Watch ABIL this morning. Low float and trading at 3x normal volume.

tobacco hey? shill me this stock my friend

Changing attitudes towards nicotine in recent American history I guess would be my biggest reason I think it's a good buy. As far as I know, they hold a patent for a process which allows them 95% reduction in nicotine in the plant without affecting the flavor, which is a common complaint with other methods for Nicotine reduction. FDA holds this company in favor, they have a very diverse product portfolio, they are using the same techniques on marijuana now to reduce the amounts of THC which is also huge for when marijuana becomes legal and consumers are looking for weed that doesn't contain such high amounts of psychoactive compounds (think cancer patients, or super casual smokers), possibly making them a candidate for partnership with big tobacco companies who are looking to stay competitive in a future market that demands "reduced risk" less addictive cigs, or simply for use as a cessation aid that still allows them the pleasure of smoking.
>unique product
>emerging market
>diverse portfolio

To me it is a great long play. Im new to investing so please look into the financials and decide for yourself if it looks right. I'm still learning.

Not to mention, look at the institututional holders right now, vanguard and Goldman Sachs hold huge postitions, but it might also be under the influence of MMs. Nasdaq has a 1-year price target of $11.50

any companies that are gonna have good earnings reports today

AMRS after close

HMNY

The whole point of smoking tobacco is the nicotine gets you high. Why would anybody buy this shit?

>t. pack a day smoker.

Like I said, as a cessation aid. Plus the FDA has mentioned regulation of nicotine in tobacco. This isn't just a cigarette manufacturer...

It's like drinking a non-alcoholic beer. It just does not make sense. Smokers are already treated like second class citizens in this country, why would some one want to volunteer to be treated like one? I'm not going near this one.

You tell me, bagholder. You glazed over the FDA seeking legislation to regulate nicotine levels, plus the other products in their portfolio including a cigarette that has HIGHER levels of nicotine and marijuana with lower levels of THC (which definitely has a market). You seem to be hung up on one factor of what I said, maybe go take a smoke break to calm those nerves.

DRYS to the moon when?

>On oct 26, 2007 one share of this stock was worth $1.5 Billion dollaridoos.

>If only

GLTA.

First of all marijuana is still schedule 1 controlled substance which means it has 0 medical usage in the federal governments eye. I want to see some changes in the federal law before I go near any of these THC bio-techs or marijuana growers.

Second if there is a major change to the federal law already on the books, the big tobacco manufacturers are already in a better position to soak up the majority of the market share of these markets.

Lastly regulating nicotine levels in tobacco is going to equate to putting a label for nicotine per cigarette on the packs, and isn't going to magically make this shit moon. It's a large speculation that this kind of legislation even passes as different people smoke in different ways, and it could be misleading to the consumer as the number on the pack isn't equal to the amount of nicotine you're actually consuming.

Www.share.robinhood.com/davidt917

fuck off david

>How long have you been with Robinhood?
>Are you GOLD?
>What's your trading style?

Jew cannot block my shtyle.

>Little more then a year now.
>Nope, too poor.
>I buy and hold value stocks that have low debt.

>never signed up
>i'm white
>Buy high sell low.

That's better input, I genuinely appreciate it as I mentioned I'm still learning. I never claimed "MOON MISSION" just that I believed it had potential as a company.

hmny...

I've been watching the company being talked about here all summer, but you're right I needed a cigarette to calm down and collect my thoughts.

TRXC!

Question. I've got about 20k in crypto that I'm planning to pull into the regular market soon. I'm trying not to get fucked on capital gains though. What's the easiest way to get my shit out of exchanges and into a rh account without being fucked by the state?

I heard somewhere that if you keep it as investment that it isn't taxable. Is this true?

>TRXC
>-4.07%

>tfw increasing urge to empty checkings account into Robinhood

>iktf bro

>cancer patients
Wanting less of the substance that promotes increased eating and pain relief.
You want the plant to have a high concentration and then you dilute the final product to a smaller dosage.
Thats like saying people want the cob so we made corn with smaller kernals for them.
Just cut the kernals off so you have more of both products.

Anyone here brave enough to invest in leddit?

>Reddit CEO sets sights on IPO

axios.com/reddit-ceo-sets-sights-on-ipo-2509170177.html?

Cannabinoids besides THC are what give marijuana it's "medical" benefits like pain control. THC is the psychoactive compound. Maybe educate yourself before posting.

youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo

Hmm, that actually might be a good flip, especially if leddit advertises their own stock to all the normalfags.

>Open up Robinhood
>All of my stocks are red
>The stock I was about to buy is in the green.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

HUSA is set to swing today

SNMX keeps moving up

You were going to buy MOSY weren't you...

I'm looking at CAPR for FDA news tomorrow morning. Any thoughts?

what coin do I use to buy stocks?

GTFO.

US coins? I think they are called pennies.
Lol.

bigblockoraclethereum

Amrs finally going up

how are you niggers today

And the appetite stimulant?
>psychoactive
Amitryptoline would like to have a word with you.
Both CBD and THC are used for pain relief.
Its like you dont know anything but want to claim you are an expert.

I'm holding Alibaba, microsoft, and whirlpool all marginally below where i bought them. I'm also holding another bag so heavy I prefer not to talk about it.

Microsoft and whirlpool pay dividends in Dec. which require you be holding by tomorrow, so at least i can make something positive there right?

>BAC tanking, probably going under 26 soon
Fucking finally. Hopefully this will get these stingy bastards to let B go under a dollar and run those stops. I've been waiting over a week for this shit.

SQQQ to the moon

If you want dividends, oil is where you should be at m8.

>RDS-A
>6% dividend, plus rise in stock value

Financials are dependent on that damn tax reform

Where is my SPX 3% single day correction?

>NMM beats on revenue!
>NMM beats on earnings!
>Outlook is going up!
>Investor confidence is going up!
>To the moon!
>We're going back to $20!
>We're getting in at the bottom!
>We're trend setters!
>Soon they'll be begging for our shares!

I didn't buy them for the dividends, it's just the only thing i can't manage to lose money on.

>Robincucks can't drip

>Greek shipping memes

Hows the mediterranean poon patrol doing?

Thoughts on solid, inexpensive ($50 - $100/share) stocks that are good to hold?

I'm biased towards tech and video game companies but I want to research other good stocks.

What are the expectations for earnings?

i am down 30% this week

tell me your holds, user.

You're all caught up!

Glad I bailed when I did

I lost 18% so far

I was doing great up until last week.

Why has the market been so shitty lately?

>city of GE

Anyone else feel or see a pullback? Since last week, everything has been on the down

>GE lel

Over-speculation during the summer. Summer is always a cash grab.

i didn't know anyone here was in on GE...

I'm long UVXY and waiting for that speech from my president about how the American manufacturer is no longer going to be raped by a bunch of chinks.

This is good. Now everything is on sale and we can make money when it goes back up. I really fucking wish I shorted GE, that would have been such an easy move even without any experience shorting.

A mix between profit taking from record breaking highs and fear of the new tax reform.

Go with your gut. ATVI and TTWO have been my best buy and holds this yr for sure. MU is right up there as well.

TRXC needs to stop fucking around

im not actually holding anything currently, ive had to cut my losses several times, and i ran out of day trades

when did you enter your long position?

gains goblin

>Ran out of day trades
>Cut losses several times

I think I see the problem here.

NAK
NBRV
USTC
BTSC
GBR
GAHC
UVXY

I'm getting fucking murdered today. Down 6.5%, at least the UVXY is green.

Yesterday at $15.84

i know
ive made many bad decisions

Bag holding is a meme. Stocks that O cut losses on have continued to go down or barely moved a few weeks later more often than not.

Plus dont forget opportunity cost when you have your money locked up in one company

You over trade sir.

Awesome. I know you won't hold for too long, but be careful, this is a long awaited "dip". The real battle between bulls and bears will begin on the next daily upswings, and where I'd consider it to be safer to start looking have some short plays. Although, if certain favorable progress is made tax reform, then it'd unsafe.

>The next day, the bull market continues. Again. For the next 10 year stretch of gains.

>DWT today

Nah, that'd make me rich. And the market hates doing that.

>BOTZ is red for the third straight day

Does good all year then drops literally as soon as I buy it.

>the city of GE

God bless them

Let me tell you guys about an awesome company, it's called Century Aluminum and despite aluminum being a light metal these bags are really really heavy.

Where's the GE wojak?

You bought in after it double peaked?

Robinhood is also launching Robinhood for web/browser soon!

GET A FREE STOCK WHEN YOU USE MY REFERRAL LINK BELOW!
share.robinhood.com/tylerk590

Name some dips please

KTOS 100% in a retarded dip right now