What's Veeky Forumss opinion on hiking?

kills gains

would rather take an eagle

it's a no no

why? i like it :(

Then do it.

Raises oest and gives you gyno.

but why is it a no no?

Its ducking walking sometimes uphill with weights.

Its fine, but its not strenuous enough to be training.

If you like it do it for fun.

You still need to get stronger by training with weights.

Wtf

It’s a meme worse than eating meat. It literally and unironically kills gains.

I put a ruck on and do 8-12 miles every Sunday. I'm a fan.

Ehh some serious trails could be considered training. Given what 95% of people call hiking is actually just walking on a trail, hut there are some actual hiking trails that are tough as fuck.

>Veeky Forumsizens actually believes this

this

/Thread

Ignore these faggots.
Hiking is
>God tier for calves
>Great for cardio
>Beautiful, helps you destress and get back to nature
>Vit D for dem test gains
>Trains your brain to be OK with receiving less stimulus, counteracts the effects of modern hyperstimulating society

Don't listen to these neck beards, hiking is fantastic for building leg strength and cardiovascular strength and doing it in certain climates is great for burning fat, the only way you'll "lose gains" is if you're not keeping up with your calories and protein. I've hiked all over the country and loved every bit of it

walking fast up steep hills with a pack on your back is pretty fucking hard work and good specific training

Taken from Sawtooth IHC fitness requirements:
>Three mile hike with 1,000 feet of elevation gain while carrying a 50 lb. pack in 50 minutes or less.

>has never done a proper self-supported hike

Random pic I took on a hike related.

Hiking is fun.

Where's that?

Underrated post

Hiking is boring. It's the same reps for hours and hours at a time.

this man knows what's up

about as best form of exercise you can get. You get to move around in the great outdoors at a natural pace, enjoying the wonders of nature. Only ethnic citifags don't like it.

why would low level cardio kill gains?

t. nu-male

Great for leg strength, cardio and peace of mind.

It will def burn body weight though if you don't eat enough to compensate.

>he doesn't carry 110kg on his hike
never going to make it, buddy

Depends. Are you "hiking" or actually doing difficult trails? Regardless, I enjoy it due to the beauty of the nature around me, but I also have no illusions about how little work I'm doing if it's an easy climb. Don't fuck with store bought trail mix though. Shit's fucking terrible for you.

It's not a no no. That guy had autism. Don't take stuff literally from this fuckin cuckold imageboard

My opinion is unpopular on fit, but it works for me.
I think that getting out into nature gives you huge mental gains, which you can convert to gym and diet motivation. When I hike solo, I carry a huge pack, loaded with as much weight as I can. After a steep 10 mile hike, my glutes burn for days. More burn than I am able to get in the gym. Also the extra weight makes the whole hike a strong cardio session. Lastly, when I hike with other people, I don't carry the weight, and the hike is so easy and enjoyable.

Hiking only kills gains if you don't eat enough.

As a hiker myself, this. I'm lucky I live in the mountains, there's always s new trail to try or to create.

This man speaks the truth. To all you calflets, start climbing mountains.

I think it's great. Good to do on rest days and with a good group of friends

Post some hiking pics Veeky Forums, OC if you have.

Romania, Făgăraș

Not a huge hiking guy. I like being in close proximity to my apartment, so I just go for some short walks instead.

Mt. Tonkoui, Ivory Coast

Lady Bower, UK

Chaukhi pass, Georgia

Buxton, UK

Emmanuelya meadow, Kabardino-Balkaria, Russia

Red River Gorge, Ky

Hiking will grant you völkisch gainz.

Mournes, NI

Pic related
>me on Slieve Donard peak

sorry wrong thread

>he doesn't want to touch the sky
to be honest I wouldn't hike as much if I didn't live close to such awesome mountains.

>literal retard

Tongariro Alpine Crossing, NZ

Looks fucking sick, mate. I really want to visit NZ. Maybe I'll apply for a Working Holiday Visa.

Where do you go take a piss or shit? A few feet from the side of the path? Are the trails just littered with human fecal matter?

My dude

hiking is good up until the weather turns to shit.

>tfw still haven't hiked this fucking mountain

Based hikeposter

more OC

Only if you live in India

last one, taken a week ago