Why does everyone here shit on keto? Is it because reddit likes it or something?

Why does everyone here shit on keto? Is it because reddit likes it or something?

I'm a big guy. I need my carbs.

Because everyone keeps posting meals with no fucking vegetables.

>any athletic activity
>low carb
"No".

- Regards, Me

Fuck that looks delish

>F-for me

Back in the day there was always keto threads. Not like a cubic fuckload of them but erryday you'd get a keto general sort of thread. Now it's shunned and carbs are Veeky Forumss friend again.
Only special carbs though! Gotta remember that.

This board picks up ideas really quick because of the general level of insecurity here. Then when it doesn't quite work for someone the trend quickly turns into the reason why people can't make it

from behind a computer screen anyone can post anything. ketofags are all DYEL but pretend they know what they're talking about when they're trying to convice people keto is a good diet for people who lift
that's why they need to be told to shut up and rethink whether they should give advice or not
keto isn't a problem in real life situations because no skinnyfat ketofag would ever try to open their actual mouth and preach keto in public

People are uninformed. It takes time to get used to it, you need to cook, prepare your meals, watch out what you eat/drink when you go out, it needs time to get the habits established for this diet. Most people won't achieve this change and switch back to their easy diet.

Carbs/Sugar is like a drug and most people do not want to stop eating it. Burger, fries, pizza, soda, snacks...it is hard.
So to shit on keto is the easy way out. Just blaming the diet instead of yourself. It is a meme diet, why should I even try it for a few months?

that pic is makin me drool

>you're either on keto or you're on a fast food junk diet
Are the ketones making your brain malfunction?

This is not what I said soyboy.
I can understand if people do not want to stop eating pizza, pasta or burgers. This does not mean their diet is bad.
So keep eating how you like but stop talking shit about things you have not researched or tried yourself.

I have tried keto, it's completely useless if you do anything even remotely athletic and turns you into a depressed low T wreck. I'm sure it's fine if you're anorexic and "lift for aesthetics" though, as you're not actually working hard anyway.

cook your fuckin bacon more bro

If you lift for aesthetic the last thing you want to do is keto .
Wow , not being able to properly hold fluid make me look sharper , I just need to make salt a macro in my diet now haha .

Well ok, then I guess it's not useful for anything except sedentary cases.

You just proved my point.

you're the epitome of the ketard , you probably used to be a lardass that eat mostly garbage and believe your weight loss is due to the magic keto.
In your head carbs are le evil macro and you can't fucking understand that pizza , burger or pasta are bad because they're loaded with grease .

This
My friend does keto
>Hardly works out
>Used to lift, sorta
>Now maybe calisthenics for 20 mins a day
>Believes the best time to work out is in the morning before eating
>I don't need to do any leg work, my legs are already big enough from running
>bulked for like a month and half and gained 7 pounds (mostly water weight), then decided he need to go on a cut
>can rarely go out to eat cause it needs to be keto friendly
Keto fags need to perish

the amount of pseudoscience keto website to keep then hooked on the meme is completely absurd .
Some start believing that fruits / starchy roots are Le evil .

>when your die doesn't allow a kiwi or a sweet potato but the egg is A-OK

Became too popular, like veganism. When something counterculture gets to the point it is well known (not empirically popular), Veeky Forums largely immediately reverses the opinion, usually agreeing with the social norm, but for ' different' (contrarian) reasons.

When a "counterculture" start everyone ignore the retard doing it at first because they aren't too annoying , when it peak off the retard are everywhere and it start being annoying , the regulars start complaining about that shit getting out of hand .

Threads like this remind me what kind of people give advice on here. But what do you expect from Amerifats who get diabetus before they even paid of their college debts.

I'm on keto for years now. Heavy lifting is no problem. Gains are no problem. Cardio no problem. Bloodwork no problem. I started with LCHF and switched to keto. Go try LCHF and see the results for yourself, keto is kinda the next step.

Define heavy lifting. Do you compete in a barbell sport?

please prove us wrong and post your body.

Nice strawman, you dink.

Because glucose is the best form of energy

>Only special carbs though! Gotta remember that.
Are you trolling? You're absurd I find you funny. Keep at it.

True keto diets, (not just low/no carb) put your body into a state of ketosis. With a high enough protein intake, your body can convert excess protein into glucose through a process called Glycogenesis. Thus it's not possible to have a high protein diet and do keto.
So if you want to be a fucking dyel, or just are fat and need to lose weight, sure. But if you lift it's a shit diet.

ITT: people who have never done keto

did an avocado steal your gf user?

serious question, so if i just eat some 80% fat/20% lean ground beef, hickory smoked bacon, cheese, and a few eggs for a day...thats considered keto?

Or just work out regularly and eat more fat so your body doesn’t have a reason to turn the excess protien to glucose?

Youll die of constipation

An avocado will take you straight out of keto.

It's fine if you lift. Aerobic endurance is better and you retain strength just fine if you ignore the added leverage you get from the water volume in your muscles that accompanies stored glycogen.

It's medicore (maybe 10-15% off the top end) for anaerobic threshold shit that lasts longer than 15 seconds.

It's a keto variant called "zero carb" or "carnivore keto." Might want to go 70/30 on the beef.

You don't turn protein into glycogen

>you need carbs for gains
>you will get loose skin if you lose a lot of weight
>keto people yoyo in weight
>doesn't fix food addiction
>doesn't fix metabolic syndromes
>doesn't lower basal insulin
I love fatty keto food it's just that it doesn't work for maintaining weight loss and fixing your hormones.

>doesn't fix food addiction
>doesn't fix metabolic syndromes
>doesn't lower basal insulin

how do i do that.

/fast/

F A S T

all but two amino acids can be turned into glucose. around 500 g of glucose is stored as glycogen.

deal with it.

so, one 36 hour fast a week with regular diet > keto?

Weak bait, but at least you got your (you)

Easily.

Though Tbh I think randomness, with a modest and conservative, yet relaxed outlook is superior to any autistic diet protocol.

Yup, longer is better. The autophagy is very important for fat fucks who don't want loose skin. You also need to cut terrible shit like alcohol and sugar either way... by "regular diet" I assume you mean something better than trash food.

you can make around 250 g per day of carbs from fat around 40 different ways

loose skin is due to low testosterone

keto people gain and lose water weight if they go on and come off the diet

no p300 phenomena related to food, hence no food addiction

yes it does fix metabolic syndromes. it just doesn't magically keep them from coming back if you return to eating garbage.

yes it does lower basal insulin. anything that reduces carbohydrate or body fat does.

you're literally retarded

You won't lose weight as fast unless you /fast/ for longer, you need longer to get into ketosis probably anyway.

None of this is true.

i'm not a fatty. 6'2 195 lbs and i exercise around 5x a week (2x lifting, about 10 miles ran a week / bouldering)

do I need to stay keto to keep the benefits of fasting? do should I do vegan keto? I don't wanna bloatmaxx with all the sodium from meat heavy keto diets.

Keto is autistic. And with that kind of activity level you basically need high(er) carb.

are there any big celebs that are on keto besides joe rogan

can it be maintained with a vegan diet? i genuinely wanna stop eating hormone pumped sodium filled meat. i feel bloated!

To get the benefits of fasting with that activity level eat OMAD (one meal a day) at a caloric surplus in a tight feeding window of less than two hours. You don't need keto unless you're trying to cut, but OMAD will boost your TDEE and you'll likely shed some pounds from that before you worry about it.

>22 hours fasted
>2 hours feeding

Animal fats are great for you, I'm not American though so I don't know how the availability of quality animal fats are there.

>quality animal fats

What of it?

i'll commit to keto one day when i have time. i read it really makes you sluggish. I work in a sedentary job where i have think a lot. if i was digging holes all day then eating bacon and eggs and avacados 3 times a day with no bread might sound more appealing

They are addicted to sugar. Even the mere thought of not having sugar in their life is usually enough to illicit a quick ad hominem response

Hahaha yeah it was a piss take from the "talking bout bread" meme

keto is a shitty diet for anyone lifting or exercising at a high level in general, theres a reason BB cutting diets are high carb

if your a sedentary retard do whatever

>eat at a caloric surplus
>lose weight

what did u mean by this

yes and low carb diets lower t

keto + carb counting ftw

this

What are those, poached eggs? I wanna make this shit right now

nah they're avocados m8

damn that looks good. just put it on some to*st with some feta cheese

The eggs look fried

m8, they're avocados

considering that all in that's

DESU i've looked at their shit on reddit and it seems like a way for fat people to eat garbage and still lose weight.

For instance - in the meal posted you could still do keto and eat a big pile of brocolli/sppinach/ blueberries with that. but no, it's always bacon dipped chocolate.

Keto isn't bad - the people who do it are lame fat fucks.

>I base my beliefs about nutrition on a dentist's research on native tribes from a century ago
>This makes me redpilled and smarter than everyone

what fucking word changes to DESU. I'm not a fucking weeb.

its just a bunch of newfags trying to appear like theyve been here a while by feigning religious adherence to the sticky

>Desu
>Not a fucking weeb
Stop blaming the filter you fucking degenerate.

I do the intermittent fasting and have cut out simple carbs. I don't necessarily shy away from fats. Been increasing my lifting ability while I cut weight slowly about a pound a week at most.

I feel like there can be a middle ground to keto

senpai

I've been keto for 13 years. I do heavy hard work as a blacksmith and I hit the gym 1-2 hours a day 6 days a week.

Personally I love this shit. But my big problem with keto in general is how everyone thinks you dont eat vegetables on it on account of these seeming fear of "getting kicked out of keto"

A single naked chicken breast will knock your ass out of keto. Cut that breast up and toss it into a bomb ass salad and you won't get knocked out. In fact, all that soluble fiber will raise your ketones even.

Theres a lot of misinformation surrounding it and the nutrition is just the tip of the iceberg.

Especially the 'le physical activity' meme.

It takes months, like 6 of them, to fully transition and get those mitochondria transitioned. And even after the transition you're still going to have progress to make in your training.

While it is an effective weight loss diet in the short term, it is not effective in that time scale for performance. For the performance bennefits you need to adhere to it permanently. And for that you need to get the nutrition under control including your vegetables which end up being more than any typical Veeky Forumsizen wants to, or has the desire to eat.

For the record this "typical" "keto" meal has enoigh protein to knock you out of ketosis on its own. That avacado doesnt have enough fiber to stop that.

are you the faggot who went keto because of your husband's seizures?

if so ive got some questions for you.

I know at this point it seems petty. But fuck you all - I don't know what the word means and I dont use it.

Yes. He was my bf at the time. When he moved in I put him on keto. He had chronically intractable seizures. Mostly absence seizures at least once or twice a week and frequent full blown shit-his-pants episodes.

Hes been seizure and med free ever since.

Is a keto diet at least good for shredding fat before switching to a traditional diet to bulk up?

How quickly after he started eating keto did his seizures clear up?

My brother started to develop seizures the last couple years and they're getting worse. I'm trying to convince him to go keto but he's saying his doctor is saying they should try medications first.

The shit he's on now is fucking terrifying according to the possible side effects. And he even told me his girlfriend broke up with because its effected his libido to the point he has almost no interest in sex.

I unno bro, probably because it's a fringe diet akin to veganism.

People are going to look at anything thats whole premise is "DON'T EAT 90% OF STUFF JUST EAT THIS 10% STUFF OK" as kind semi-food fascist weirdo shit.

You can claim "but muh health benefits" as much as you want but it's the same with veganism and vegetarianism which are both unequivocally healthier than keto.

But both are still fringe diets just like keto.

To be honest you were likely always a weeb

If I recall correctly he had an absence seizure two or three days after I put him on keto and that was his only real episode.

There have been a couple times when we've been on vacation and his diet went to shit and he got a bit spacey, but nothing classifiably a seizure.

If your brothers doc is actually saying no to keto for seizure treatment then he needs to be reported to the medical review board. Full keto4-1 is the gold standard in seizure management and outperforms every single seizure control med available past or present. And it is the reccomended treatment course in patients with intractable conditions.

Tell your brother he can go keto and eliminate his meds entirely as long as he remains largely in a state of ketosis. And keto doesnt have any libido side effects unlike his current meds.

Ideally he should start a keto diet and get a script for a ketone meter and ketone and glucose test strips. Ideally his ketones should be in the 2.2-2.5 range minimum for effective seizure management. And these levels can be achieved relatively easy on modified atkins.

One thing that may help convince him is the addition of MCT oil into his medication regimen. It is my understanding that seizure management is related to ketone levels independant of carb load. So supplementing exogenous ketones may help improve his condition as an adjuvant therapy.

Thx for the information.

So exogenous ketones. MCT oil, and stuff like BHB Beta-hydroxybutyrate?

If you wanna spend the money, you can buy the ketone salts.

But a tablespoon of MCT oil four times a day for starters. Work up to that dose. And if his gut can handle more then go for it. Just remember its 9 calories per gram and a tablespoon is 14 grams.

He can also use coconut oil in place of other fats like butter for cooking in most applications. And if he has a salad, mct goes well as a dressing additive.

Oh right all those keto threads where everyone argued about whether keto was good or not and basically just called each other retarded faggots for 300 replies

yeah man those threads were great, they should definitely come back

Thanks ketoanon. Im going to talk to him again.

Out of curiosity, 13 years is an awefully long time in the nutrition game. Was keto being talked about in the fitness community back then?

Not sure. I did 1hr of incline Sprint work a day for about a year while on it. Then lifted for an hour 3 days a week. Never had a problem.

Most people don't take the time to become fat adapted or don't want to cut out carbs every day. Which is fine, but it makes you do more work. Keto really is all mental if you aren't deficient in any vitamins or minerals.

Because Keto is a stupid meme.

The human body evolved to get it's energy primarily from carbs. That is why Keto is not realistic to maintain over a long period of time.

So I hear keto is a good way to lose weight fast. How good is it compared to a 500 cal deficit?

No more effective. The way you lose weight eating keto is still by eating at a deficit, some people just find that it's easier to eat less on keto.

clifford?

ive been on keto the last 6 months and lost more than 60 lb and ive never felt better. sure you get a bit tired the first week but after that its smooth sailing

just so everyone knows, keto is falling back out of favor on r/fitness at the moment

>How good is it compared to a 500 cal deficit?
It's as good as your deficit. It's just that some people without the willpower to eat at a deficit when eating normal foods find that they do have the willpower when they eat a keto diet.

When a diet makes you pay attention to what you eat, it's easier to pay attention to how much you eat.

This is the secret to successful dieting.

"The human body evolved to get its energy from carbs."

Carbohydrates were a rare seasonal treat in our evolutionary past wheras fat was always abundant. Both on ourselves and our game.

>keto works
>shun it because reddit likes it

I'm mostly into fasting now, but keto is the only diet that worked for me before.