What is a respectable power clean?

What is a respectable power clean?

Depends on many factors: weight, age, gender, et cetera.

3pl8

LOL k

>3pl8
>probably doesn't even know what a power clean is.

>dyels

for a normalfag like 120kg

Sorry, my bad, your 80kg PC certainly counts as "respectable" ;^)

Ok fagtron, post pics if ur so great.

landwhale spotted.

1.5 bodyweight

>xd ur not a 142lb twink so u must be fat

ya anywhere between 2 and 275 is good

i feel like most males can get up to 185-205 within 3 years

for /fit autists maybe 225-275 within the same time

>225-275
>3 years
Females right?

>power clean
>ever being respectable

I did 185lbs last night my first week lifting. 6' 225lbs body weight semi-whale checking in.

>my upper back hurts today...

what? I was doing 225 within 6 months of SS doing them once a week. I recently tried again after not doing them for like 2 years and could pretty easily do 5x225. 3 plates should be easy for anyone who actually do them on a semi-regular basis.

Are you implying the power clean is the rotary engine and twingo of the fit world?

2pl8

>3plates should be easy
Nigga what. Maybe with a 750lbs deadlift it would be easy. But I'm sure you pull 8 plates for reps, right?

i suck at power cleans and have never gotten more than 175lbs

I've been stuck at 255 for a while. I've been doing them for about a year and im 6ft 200 lbs is this respectable and do I look like an autistic when I do them in the gym?

The most I've seen people in my gym do is 1pl8 with horrible form. I wonder a lot what everyone thinks of me.

Kek I hope he is. Gotta get your Wankel on.

Is 155 decent for a youngfag? 6'3" 170 lbs

I'd say 1.5x bodyweight is pretty respectable. I weight about 82kgs, most I've ever power cleaned is like 95kgs I think. I'll get there one day, hopefully.

yeah I weigh 85 and I hang clean about that amount, only do them when I do front squats and there's no rack available

According to Glen Pendlay...
>back squat should be 85% of your deadlift
>front squat should be 85% of your back squat
>clean + jerk should be 85% of your front squat
>snatch should be 85% of your clean + jerk

Let's say you have a 4 plate deadlift and are somewhere at the intermediate lever of lifting...you should be able to clean and jerk ~245lbs...

This is pertaining to people who specifically train for Olympic lifting however. If you did a linear progression novice program and can do power cleans with above average technique there's no reason you shouldn't be able to do 205lbs for 5x3

Hope this helps babe