Anti-deppressants

Anyone here take zoloft or any other kind of anti-depressant/mood elevator? Has it affected your training, mood, diet etc.?
I've been taking zoloft for a few months now and I feel as if it has killed all of my productivity as it just makes me too apathetic to care about anything, which has had a negative impact on my fitness goals. Also I've had less of an appetite since starting the drug.

What dosage are you on? I've been on 100mg for about 5 years and haven't felt anything like that, got me out of my house and functional again.

I took mine for anxiety though.

try caffeine with l-theanine. cheap, fixes depression, gets you driven and active, and without the anxiety and jitters.

I had the same issue, switching to effexor (venlafaxine hcl) seems to have helped, your mileage may vary though

I've been on zoloft for several months now, started with prozac but I got extremely anxious with it.

I took 100mg for a month and felt I was too mellow so I went back down to 50mg, only recently have I been feeling unmotivated again because of job issues. While I'm at a loss for what workout routine to do right now, working out has been one of my only ways for stress relief and I can still get myself to go to the gym.

You should talk to your doctor about a different dosage/try a different antidepressant.

50 mg
I think I will approach my dr about changing it up
I can get myself to the gym but I half ass it and just lose motivation after a few exercises.

Yeah finding the right one can be annoying. I was on cipralex for a while but it made me want to vomit everything I ate. I mean it was cool at the time because I was fat. But now that I'm not fat I use zoloft

I've been on 50mg of Zoloft for a touch over a month now, and I feel better, emotionally and mentally. It hasn't negatively impacted my training at all, and has actually made me get up and want to go to gym more.

10 my prozac. Should be taking it daily, but I feel fine without it. However, huge difference when I do take it.

Made me have more of an appetite and more depressed and horny AF and I would cry 24/7.
Light 3/10 would not do again

> tfw now that I'm on Zoloft I last way longer in bed with gf and jacking off now sometimes takes upwards of 20 minutes
Feelsgood

>use to take 10-20 min to get off
>start taking ssri for depression
>now take 1-4 hours to jerk off and sometimes its so hard to finish I literally am fapping for hours straight without stopping desperately trying to finish like my life depends on it but can't
why

Brutal. I mean I was happy because I always came too quickly before, and now I'm in the good time zone.

It’ll get better. Used to have the same problem but it got better over time. After a year or two it wasn’t even noticeable.

If it doesn’t though, ask your psych for Wellbutrin as a sort of kicker. It motivates the sexual symptoms of ssris.

Also, don’t do things which make it harder to nut like drinking and shit.

Best of luck

10 mg lithium 400 mg magnesium mix. shit's magical

I'm on 100mg
Honestly I don't think it has done anything at aside from disturb my sleep. On sertraline now used to be on fluoxetine. SSRIs are shit

Fuck that shit and fuck that jew psychyatrist who gave them to me

Taking zoloft for a year now for depression
Makes me functional without it for a few days I dont feel like leaving my bed
Dk about appetite but try playing with what time of the day you take it at, I felt like you did when I took it before bed then realized it was better after waking up

If you haven't felt better after being 6 weeks on an anti-depressant you need to speak to your doctor to either increase the dose or change medications. But understand that when you do increase dose/ change drugs you won't get a complete response until 6-8 weeks.

Man I used to get prescribed like 900mg of lithium. Literally just felt nauseous all the time, and had to drink gallons of water daily, and couldn't do any physical activity

This is my experience taking zoloft for a couple of months as a normal non-depressed person

>lose all anxiety, confidence levels through the roof
>all high's and low's gone
>Memory becomes almost nonexistent, especially short-term memory
>IQ feels like it's dropped to 2 digits
>Sex drive unaffected but it becomes extremely difficult to cum

I got off it because I didn't like feeling like a neanderthal. Taking it always made me feel tranquil and 'cool', I never got truly angry at things but also happy and excited about things either, and I missed that feeling.

My experience of Lexapro:
>Feel really good all the time
>Listening to music feels amazing
>Constant pleasant sleepy feeling
>Would just lie in the sun listening to trance music for hours
>Stopped going to class cause I didn't feel any urgency to
>No sexual drive but still jacked off out of habit. was really difficult to make myself cum but eventually did and it felt amazing
Honestly I wouldn't recommend it, it is like a hard drug and will make your life more fucked up

Jesus I was going to see a psychiatrist but it sounds like I would be better off not take any drugs at all.

Lamictal and Latuda as mood levelers for me. If anything it makes it possible to go to the gym in the first place, rather than lie in bed waiting to die.

I do tend to overload the bar in bench though, on the off chance maybe I'll get lucky and go full Australian Kid. I have a great life insurance policy and my wife'd be set.

im on 10mg of prozac for anxiety

any other user in same boat?

so green tea?

pretty sure he means the capsules of l-theanine
not the green tea since the tea has a really low amount in it

Seconding lamictal. Helped with concentration and evening out moods

I still get depressed sometimes bc it’s not an antidepressant but like others said, some antidepressants kill your enthusiasm.

I haven’t had any libido for 5 years though so I don’t know if drugs have anything to do with it. Fapped 2 times this year.

how old are you?

I took Zoloft briefly a few years ago. I stopped because after a couple of months I stopped feeling positive emotions as strong. I felt kinda numb from everything.

I honestly think everyone should only use antidepressants/anti-anxiety as a last resort.
Some people are clinically depressed and may need it but for the rest of us our depression is caused by something that we can work on.
It took me about 1.5-2 years but I fought it without drugs and have learnt how to deal with it for when it is bound to come back later in life.

So why nobody tries Modafinil?

im on 150 mg venlafaxine daily and while th4 qnxiety is kept in check, I feel numb and hazy. Withdrawal symptoms are straight up a living nightmare. It did help but I dont know, it feels like i am merely masking the problem desu
training has not been affected

Anyone here take diazepam

Not diazepam, but the same family of drugs. Used to take Xanax (0.5 mg) before bed to help me sleep. I'm an AM gym guy, and it made morning workouts almost impossible without a caffeine pill or pre-workout.

Is wellbutrin the safest one to take?

It's got more benign side effects than SSRIs

I am allergic to SSRI and 300mg Wellbutrin literally saved my life

I was on 100mg a day in high school. Couldn't feel anything but anger. Other than that I didn't give a fuck about anything. Fucked up my social development a fair bit. I also ended up going full skeleton mode and couldn't be fucked to get to the gym.