OHP

is a 1,5pl8 OHP impressive for 1 year of lifting?

Depends who you're trying to impress and where you started but it's very good and definitely above average.

It depends on weight and height.

kek

A 180lb ohp is very impressive. Did you do any training prior to lifting?

only 1.5pl8? are you even trying?

Yes. It personally took me an entire year just to hit 1pl. Recently managed to get 200, hoping for that 2pl before the end of the year but probably won’t happen

Yes, its about equivalent to a 130 kg bench which is really good for only 1y

OHP > Bench

finally someone says it

>im really only saying this because my bench is dog shit

Depends on your weight bro.
What the fuck does this mean?

I started of whit a 55lb OHP and only played guitar, fortunately i have a really strong brother who thaught me

195lb bodyweight and 5,9 tall

Not bad, you're making good progress. You're getting close to bw ohp, which should be a goal for everybody.
I'm about 225-230 lb now, and I can ohp 231, but this took me more than one year obviously.

id say it is, also if i can do 60kg for sets of 12 do i have the potential to hit 90kg for 1? i dont dare do heavy singles anymore

fuck no

I did 60kgs for 10 (paused at the bottom) and I don't think I can do 80 for one. It's a tricky bitch to max out.

When I used to do 11 reps with 60KG for a top set (yes my plan was retarded) I could barely hit 80KG for 1 rep and that was with the support and hype of my whole football team so I doubt youd hit 90

10 reps is 75% max effort. 12 reps is about 70%. So 60kg is 80kg and 85.7kg, respectively.

It really falls apart after 4-7 reps though so you really can't use the power of math this way.

170lb 1x4 @215lbs. Good or nah?

>UNSYMMETRIC STRENGHT

Today was back and shoulders day. I usually do my back first, however the rack pins were high and I was lazy, so I loaded the bar with a plate either side and was planning to unrack it and drop it to the floor. But i decided to say fuck it and try and press it and i hit it bros for 1 rep! I felt like i could've grinded out 2 more reps, but decided to preserve my energy for the planned 5x5 @ 52.5KG. Though i has to finish my workout midway after back, so Shoulders will be done tomorrow.

1pl8 OHP for 1 rep after 79 days off weight training.

>tfw pushed myself yesterday and finally got delt doms

Guys whats the best rep range? I heard for OHP its 10-12 reps because the shoulders grow on volume better and get rekt on high weight.

My shoulders only grow when doing high weight low reps.

this is such a weird question. it totally depends what you are aiming for. strength, hypertrophy?

How did you do this...

I don't know if it's my diet or what but I can barely OHP 75

fuckin kill me senpai, i'm a wealket

all rep ranges. 1 - 30

you have to have both ends of the spectrum for complete development, thats what strength=size means

>tfw did 57.5kg 3x4 today
>next week will try 60kg 3x3 (doing linear periodization)
>bw is at ~65kg

is this good?

do z-press

It depends, but 90 kg is probably pushing it. Maybe 85 kg