Why aren't you making heavy weighted chin up gains?

youtube.com/watch?v=-GSRll6VIVc
Don't you want to be strong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GYBVt151-ac
youtu.be/agJoauZOTXE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because weighted pullups assist my deadlift more

Becusse I’m training the one arm chinup

but Iam trying.
atm doing 27,5kg weighted pull ups (not that retarded biceps chin up shit that op linked) for 5x reps.

Too gay.

Only fruitloops hang like that with you as exposed for a surprised deep dicking.

No thanks.

I am.

2 plate good form chin for 3 reps at 80 kg bw.

youtube.com/watch?v=GYBVt151-ac
pekka does some other wierd stuff

Will doing this make me taller???? It look like it does a streach on the torso

BACK TO THE PIT

He should be the king of Veeky Forums.

can i get the name of that haircut, please?

bc I can only do 2 chinups bw
I weigh 185, can Deadlift 225x5. Is this not normal?

Do more chin ups dude.
I was unable to do a single one two months ago, now I can do five for reps. You really just need to get your body used to the movement.

I don't because I'm new to the gym and I don't know what equipment to use to add weight to my body. I'm 5'9" 135ish and can pretty easily do 5x5 chinups and I want to add weight.

eat more to add weight naturally

***this tip brought to you by joseph the #1 bodybuilder in indonesia***

will underhanded lat pulldowns help at all?

oh fugg
youtu.be/agJoauZOTXE

I did normal lat pulldowns and that helped a bit.
The best exercise you can do to improve your chin ups is negative chin ups. Basically jump up (or step on a small platform), grab the bar and pull yourself down as slowly as you can.

What about band assisted chinups + negatives

cuz my gym is too cheap to buy a belt and im too poor to buy my own. also im dyel

I would strongly advise against band assisted anything. Just do the real thing or the negative of it

hold a dumbell with your feet

dude genius
chin up gains + foot gains all in one
checkmate, bodybuilders

ok thank you based user

chin ups are objectively superior to virgin wide grip pull ups

I couldn't even do 1 chin when I started lifting and I just did wide grip lat pulldowns and close chinup grip pulldowns until I was able to do actual chins/pullups. Now I can do 12 chins with 45lbs added and a 5 rep set of full width pullups

You only need a rope.

95kg BW doing 50kg weighted chin ups 3x10 reporting in.

I'm 5'10.5, 230lbs. I do 3 sets of 5 with bodyweight now, it's a punishing exercise for fatty fat-fats.
Used to do triples with 70lbs, when I was 200 and 14%bf.

Is neutral (hammer) grip productive?

the 'i've given up'

Absolutely badass. How did you achieve this?

supposed to be the easiest joint wise and the strongest position for your lats. I find them difficult because the handles at my gym make the ROM longer than a chinup because the handles are so close together.

Thanks.
They feel way more natural than the supinated-arm position of chinups. Wide grip seems to isolate the lats almost completely.

EMGs would say a closer grip is going to hit your lats harder than a wide grip, but if you feel the wide grip more I would go with those. Personally I think the whole grip thing is a bit overblown, if you can feel a contraction and the muscles working then stick with it. People shit on machines but I feel my lats working way harder on cable rows and lat pulldowns than most free weight movements. I do weighted chins for more of a strength/conditioning focus, but I feel the cable movements work better from a hypertrophy standpoint for me.

I do both.

Bw 150. Chin - 130lb, Pull - 110 lb

lost

bout to start a chinup only routine

I don't need plates. At 250lbs every rep I do is intense strength training.

>that music
pure asbörgers tastes

Unironically /ourguy/

because im a chinlet

Same

Redpill me on negative chin ups and pull ups? What does it do that "positives" don't?

kek +1

A negative typically means that you do only the eccentric part of the movement.

Concentric is when you pull your self up to the bar
Eccentric is when you lower your self down.

A negative pull up is when you start at the top of the movement and lower your self down.

His back is solid af. Mirin

I gathered that from the first post but what benefits do negatives have over the whole exercise?

Help i thought good form for chin ups and pull ups was legs forward angled not angled at the back am i doing them wrong, pls tell me the right form

1arm pullups is my #1 goal.

How did you get there?
(I feel like making weighted chins help more then the bodyweight progression.)

I can do 3x8 BW but I feel like I cant progress anymore ,should I change rep scheme? Add weight and force myself?

None that i know of. But people that can't do full ones can do negative and get strong enough to do full ones. You can google eccentric strenght training and get lots of info on the topic. Negative curls are used for tendon rehab and and step ups or negative calf raises are used for achilles tendon rehab.

lets see a vid

Do 8/8/9, then 8/9/9 the following session and so on and so forth. Currently banging out 3x11 plus a max set of 8 with this method.

By progressing I mean having bigger lats not necessarily doing more pullups

Rows are superior. It can be easy to fuck up your shit on weighted chins and dips.
I used to do them as my back mpvement and got pretty good at them, 115x3x4, however one day when I was doing a back off set of 45lbs I felt a pop and a strange sensation in the middle of my chest, like I cracked my sternum

Immediately dropped the weight and it felt like a couldn't breathe properly and had a panic attack. i now just stick to rows. Better for overral size and easier on the sternum

hold a dumbell with your crossed legs

I am. 1rm is 67kg, 2 reps is 63, 3 reps is 59 @ 68 bodyweight.

>Immediately dropped the weight and it felt like a couldn't breathe properly and had a panic attack
LOL

does wearing a backpack have the same effect as getting a dip belt

I got neck pain from doing weighted ring pull ups with 17kg (neutral) this morning

maybe I shouldn't have done that last one rep? or I turned my head upwards? It's kinda better just a few hours later so it may go away in 2-3 days

It can affect your centre of gravity, making it harder to keep your body straight under the bar. You won't get big plates in one either. You can always use rope or tie-down straps instead.

I use it and put it on the front of my body, not on my back

Holy fuck these dips are creative!

Neck pain during chinups is common, it's not about the weight it's about not trying to get up the bar with your head when you're at your last rep.

pls respond

it might be lol worthy, but i was fuckin freaked out

how big is the edge? also theres no point doing these unless you want to increase finger strength for climbing

>if i can't do them they're for virgins!
pull-uplet detected LMAO

Can't fully supinate without pain, so neutral and pull ups for me.

Look at that pussy ass thin bar.

I bet that ufly mofo couldn't do a quarter of that weight with a girthier bar.

mirin
my 1rm is 35kg at 66kg bw

I used to stick weights in a backpack when at home. There is a belt with a chain on it that's pretty easy to use. Put the chain through the hole in a plate, step over the chain, pull the belt up over your hips and away you go.
pic related

About a year after I started lifting I just tried, and was able to do a one arm pull up. I was always pretty good though. I agree that weighted pull ups are probably the best way to get there.

kek

Do chin ups offer anything superior to pull ups other than more bicep activation?

No, pull ups are superior if you want to get strong af. Once you are strong you can start doing weighted chins.

>tfw my gym only has those spongy curved grips at the top of the power rack

Wish more gyms would just have a fucking straight bar god damn

You know that you are not getting more back development by going wider on your grip, right? The lat activation is the same. So just find the grip width that it's easier to overload.

I mean I prefer having a regular straight bar as opposed to the ergo grips that most gym power racks have. I feel stronger in a fully supinated chinup with a straight bar than the weird half supinated thick grip thing

Nobody cares about how much you can weighted chin. I'm talking about for muscle and aesthetics. Chins don't do anything except build biceps a little more, but then curls are superior for that

Ah I thought you were talking about this

My current back routine is Weighted chins > dumbbell row > seated row > some kind of shrug

Am I missing anything? I feel like I might add barbell rows somewhere but do like a plate for shit loads of reps. Too much weight and I feel my lower back start to tweak, but I kind of want to experiment with a static weight/high rep low rest scheme on them.

You can try meadow's rows or nether rows. Are you doing deadlift/rack pulls?

>shorter ROM and inferior muscle activation
>also worse for your joints
>b-b-but theyre harder to do!!!!!! so they must be better!!!!

Im doing a PPL with deadlifts on my leg days. I think thats why the barbell rows arent working out, too much lower back work.

>PPL
Avoid Pendlay rows, try more upright rowing variations like the Yates row. But honestly you can strict row the dumbbells until they are too light for you and then do Meadow's rows. Don't neglect rear delts. Shoot for at least 100 reps for upper back. The back is huge, 3x5 doesn't cut it. Needs volume.

Best way to progress them?

Lose weight. Do them before your rows (duh). After that it depends on your level. If you can't do 10 pullups unironically check scooby's video. If you can, do them weighted for 3x5 then 5x3 etc. like every other lift.

This

Bands are useful with mobility training and equipped powerlifting. Apart from that they won't add anything

Fuck your "aesthetics" you vain faggotty little bitch

I can do +35kg for 5 reps. Want to progress to big weights. There's plenty literature as to improving the big 3 but not chinning.

t. lifting for 1 month

It's pretty unanimously agreed that lats are hit best by chins and pull ups.

Impressive. How much is respectable? Is 55lbx5 respectable @180lb?

No desu

90lbs 5RM is getting good

this. so many morons think wide grip = wide back

>also theres no point doing these unless you want to increase finger strength for climbing
Then it's a good thing he does them.

kekimus maximus

looks familiar
Tusen takk til sharing this guy, love the videos so far.

What sets/reps would you guys recommend for negatives?