/FAST/ Fasting General 5% BF FINAL FORM EDITION

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

PREVIOUS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nhzoiz0eY3E
skytorrents.in/search/all/ed/1/?l=en-us&q=The Complete Guide to Fasting
youtube.com/watch?v=-QcqOV4LBmg
youtube.com/watch?v=bTNjdJjGB24
eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/tale-angus-barbieri-fasted-year-lost-21-stone/
reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/573gkb/just_completed_a_77_day_fast_ama/
reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/6k9u07/78day_check_in/
youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg&t=
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/1879857
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Avocado Nigger Eternally BTFO

Confess.

>day 7
I want to order a large pizza and eat the entire thing, but it's in my head... not really physically feeling any hunger.

when you finally succumb, just eat the cheese sauce and toppings. until then, you don't need it :D

eat it all at once then fast for at least 24 hours after that

How can I successfully fast for the next 2 days? How to prepare mentally, how to fight urges to eat, things I can do etc etc. This is important to not be behind on my loss-gains.

happy to help friend

1) you have to wholly and completely believe that you will not die, you will not be doing something crazy or unhealthy, and that this is actually making you healthier

2) you have to NOT drink too much water.

3) consequently you have to have enough sodium and potassium in body beforehand, or supplement during. Feeling weak or fatigued? Eat some salt and potassium. They should be dissolved into some water. Nothing else

4) stick with it, find a hobby, talk to some friends for hours. Anything to occupy your time

5) Don't exercise too heavy.

Nah, just going to let it pass. Acknowledging cravings as the remnants of food addiction is good for me, they get lesser and lesser over time.

Yes I agree. I still get them too. Mostly it is resolved with getting in more salt and potassium.

The good news is that when you are at your goal weight, you can eat pretty much like shit and do IF and some exercise and literally never gain weight.

Your current weight has been accumulated for years and years.

>2) you have to NOT drink too much water.

Thanks. But why this? Also, where do you get pure potassium?

Drinking too much water just flushed minerals out of your body for no reason.

NoSalt is a salt alternative that is just potassium chloride. Find it at common grocers everywhere.

This is just my experiences, but there are no real hunger pains outside of the initial 24 hours.

I feel hunger pains the first night and then nothing significant going forward.

I might feel a slight pang of hunger when I first wake up, mild, lasts like 2 minutes. After that nothing all day.

this guy is indeed correct!! good luck to both of you

Your body conducts electricity basically through nerves, and sodium and potassium assist in this process

If you don't have enough grams (literally) of electrolytes in your body, especially if you have too much water in there too, you will feel muscle soreness, shakiness, and pain. Basically heroin withdrawal symptoms.

If it gets bad enough, you will begin to have seizures, go into a coma, and die.

A number of people have died of very quick hyponatremia. You definitely don't want it :D

Can someone upload the book The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended Fasting ??

I want to read it but i'm poor as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=nhzoiz0eY3E

does anyone have a link for this guy's program?

>The Complete Guide to Fasting

found a skytorrent for you

skytorrents.in/search/all/ed/1/?l=en-us&q=The Complete Guide to Fasting

if you are on Windows and don't want to torrent, then what you should do is download Lubuntu, burn it to a USB stick, and boot your computer into Lubuntu and torrent it with transmission

or I guess I could upload it to mega but I'm lazy

that is enough, gonna download it tomorrow, thanks dude

>tfw less than 12 hours before breaking my 5-day fast

np good luck, the top result seems complete and comes with audio too

it'll all be worth it soon!!!

Once I'm deep into a fast I start to have some euphoria. Is this why some religious people associate fasting with enlightenment?

>taking hgh in the current year
It's like you want your organs to grow 3x the size so you can become an unaesthetic Delrey misfit. I can't take this fucking board seriously at all.

Does fasting cause muscle wasting? Doesn't your body burn protein from muscle and fat when you fast?

Wow what a good question man. Someone should really add links in the OP to this very rare and never asked or assumed question.

Should I ignore science and just follow the snake cult?

youtube.com/watch?v=-QcqOV4LBmg

Yes probably.

>implying nutritional medicine hasn't been functionally kill since the fall of the soviet union because you can't really make money off of it

Couldn't he win a Nobel Prize for curing obesity?

follow whatever your heart tells you

ultimately your personal experience and rational thinking will be what pulls you through to success

I've done 2 48 hour fasts a week for two weeks . it's a mental block that keeps me here. I'm not hungry its just unsatisfying

Keto btfo
youtube.com/watch?v=bTNjdJjGB24

Why the fuck are you fasting for so long you mad man

56 hours into my dry fast. I have ascented above humanity. Not feeling thirsty at all and my piss is still clear. Why? I was thinking about breaking it tommorow but cause I still feel fine as fuck I might continue

science and snake cult go hand by hand

What happens if I take ECA stack on fast.is it good idea?

You must have been really hydrated before the fast to still piss clear....
I do an ECA stack + DNP I turn out fine. Max of two weeks though for water fasting. other wise you might acquire PN

>You must have been really hydrated before the fast to still piss clear....
Yeah reason why I´m trying it is to get rid of water bloat

Be careful, no food means faster and stronger reaction

Trying to compete? or do you belong in /fat/? I'm leaning towards the second because most people don't store that much water

fat

good you're on /fast/. Got me from from 200 to 160 fasted 170 fed

fasting is great. Great I found it. Been on it for some time already. I normaly do water wast but I wanted to try this

I water fasted from 198 to 165. We are all going to make it.

eating diverts your body from healing stuff. (of course not 100%) but as long as your fat not eating will heal things faster then eating.

anything interesting in that book that i wouldnt already know from fung and other links in op?

i am currently on 11 days. iam still not 10-12% bf so i just continue

do you even lift bro? or you're just trying to switch gender or smth

dont know wtf that has to do with anything (gender part) do you want to be 18% fat?

i have lifted weight on my fast, yes.

well you can't fast all that long and not lose muscle or you'll just become skinnyfat.

can you please fucking leave this thread, holy shit go read some of "op's" links

post lifts, twink

55kg OHP
85kg bencg
slightly injured on squats so i do something else (way before i started fasting)
3 plate deadlift

not amazing lifts but enough to get you the fuck out.

Which is why fat fast is retarded. It stops autophagy and leaves you with loose skin

I'm new to fasting and Veeky Forums in general. I've quit my habit of overeating about a month ago, and I'm looking into fasting for a full day once every week. I'm basically just trying to lose weight and consume less calories. I work out for about 30 minutes every day (basic cardio + weights).

Is fasting once a week OK to do? Thanks a lot, in advance.

read the op fag
and yes it is, but do it right

Its better than nothing. Idk how fat you are but if you want to lose fat its better to fast longer. You can go weeks or even months without eating if you are fat enough

240 pounds, 5' 11", big framed male, so about 50-60 pounds overweight.

>You can go weeks or even months without eating if you are fat enough
link.

can you just fucking leave or stop being a retard

You could lose these 50-60 pounds in a 1-2 months with fast (depending how hard you will go)

some inspiration

reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/573gkb/just_completed_a_77_day_fast_ama/

reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/6k9u07/78day_check_in/

Thanks a bunch for the new insights. I'll look into it.

So, you idiots are now going full anorexia?

Are you girls?

Yes, would you like me to suck your dick?

Nah, I'm good you fucking faggot.

watch this video this guy knows his shit about water fast

youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg&t=

you NEED to take electrolytes like he says or you will feel like shit (muscle cramps,light headness,rapid heart beat)

get pink salt and no salt (also known as potassium chloride). Dont even do it without this

get the fuck outta here you god damn every 3 hours meal having mouthbreather

so when i want to get shredded and only eat on workout days. should i eat after or before. and does it matter if i eat it like 8 hours after working out or would it be better to eat within 2 hours after a workout.

doesn't fucking matter, just don't it right before exercising, fatty

i am not fat anymore thats why i asked.

after dont eat before and its better to eat right after workout

what does an acidic stomach mean? i thought it was because i took to much lemon juice or apple cidar vinegar but that was 3-4 days ago

since keto is basically the same as fasting, what if i ate a big carby meal for dinner but ate keto the rest of the time? would that provide the benefits of OMAD while allowing me to make gains? (i don't have a huge amount of fat to lose.)

Some of us would say yes, and here's why (and why not).

When you eat just one meal, you only spike your insulin once. Additionally, there is only so many calories your body can absorb at one time before it makes its way through your intestines as waste.

We have evidence of this from Snake Diet guy, who ate, on a daily basis, literal pounds of solely bacon + grease. He didn't gain a single ounce, because he was fasting 23.5 hours per day and eating just once.

Obviously though bacon is not carbs. But I'm willing to bet that the benefits of fasting 23.5 hours per day would still come through, especially if you are eating vegetables and not just pure maple syrup or something

The opposing opinion to this of course is that calories in = calories out and all sugars and carbs will fuck you up period

let me know what you think

>well you can't fast all that long and not lose muscle or you'll just become skinnyfat.

that is pretty much my thinking. the fact is, i've been eating like this for a couple of weeks now. my lifts have been going up, while my belly – which, during previous attempts to 'bulk' (with multiple carby meals per day), always gets bigger quickly – is basically the same size.

maybe it's too soon to tell... but on the other hand, my deadlift, bench and press are all higher than they've ever been, with my squat not far off my max.

>since keto is basically the same as fasting
ITS NOT

i can't believe people acutally take snake diet autism seriously

disprove it then you queer

im not a queer so im gonna gonna disprove
have fun with your 2 weeks results and then going back to be a lard ass

have fun with being lard ass your whole life lel

TIL that Veeky Forums is populated by absolutely fucking retarded 7 year olds

jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/1879857

Here's an interesting study about muscle wasting.

Basically, about 70 people in their late 50s were admitted to the hospital with severe diseases that were causing them single/multi organ failure.

The study measured the size of their leg muscle for 10 days while they were put on breathing/feeding tubes due to their organ failure.

Most people lost nearly 20% of their leg size in just 10 days, regardless of how much food they were being administered.

So basically their body was eating its own leg muscle at a very rapid rate in an attempt to preserve and restore their vital organs back to a functional state

TLDR if you have organ failure, your body will metabolize leg protein at a MUCH FASTER RATE than what a typical metabolic calculator would suggest.

IMPLICATIONS FOR US: we obviously don't have organ failure, but fat/muscle can be POSSIBLY be broken down faster than a metabolic calculator would suggest.

you know the world record of fasting?
382 days
you know how fast he became a lardass after losing 125 kg?
never
he lived to a healthy 90 something years and never became overweight again.

fasting gets rid of your food addiction.

yeah duh.
but if you workout during fasting or if you never cared about muscle because you never went to the gym and you just want to live a normal life instead of a landwhale. there is no problem.

not the person you are replying to but... fasting can definitely be a modality for treating your food addiction for sure.

but ultimately you have to put in work to get that benefit. It's not as simple as like, "if you take enough of this sleeping pill, you WILL fall asleep", which is a true statement for 99.9% of the world

Also I really want to know how much muscle that guy had underneath all of that fat. The irish hunger strikers only lasted 60 days on average due to organ failure, not lack of energy from fat

How do I avoid headaches while fasting? I need to study for college and headaches kill me

haha I was expecting that reaction. I found myself saying "duh" too, but my goal here is not to turn people away from fasting

what is most interesting to me is that if your body is put into a certain mode, such as "fasting", or "severely ill", or "severely cold", etc etc, IT'S POSSIBLE your metabolism changes in ways that there is not a simple calculator on the internet for

the basic calculators on the internet will tell you that someone who is bedridden and old will only burn 1800 calories per day, which is not nearly enough to cause 10 pounds of muscle wasting in 10 days

>only lasted 60 days
>irish workers
how the fuck are those people fat?
of course normal human beings can only last so long.
the world record guy was fucking fat

and you dont need to put in any effort to keep your weight, you lost your fucking food addiction. you can just eat regular meals and feel no need to snack.

fucking lurk longer.
its salt you need, retard
any other explanation can be that this is your first few days of your first time in your live that you went without food every 10 minutes.
this means you are experiencing "meth" like withdrawals.
you could do omad for a while and go into 48 hour fasts to ease into it.
or you could just take it and sober up and fast for 4+ days

lots of salt and potassium (brand NoSalt) dissolved into a SMALL AMOUNT of water, not much more than 8 oz (otherwise you'll piss out vital electrolytes)

any headache, fatigue, or muscle soreness is a symptom of mild electrolyte imbalance, which can be caused by OVERHYDRATION and/or HYPONATREMIA

you seem to not be hearing me and angry, perhaps this is a symptom of your fasting, or you are just an angry internet poster

It is ALLEGED, in MEDICAL LITERATURE, that REGARDLESS OF BODY FAT MASS, a person who is fasting WILL DIE around 60-70 days due to ORGAN FAILURE.

Do you understand what that means? A 6 foot tall male who weighs 160lb, and a 6 foot tall male who weighs 300 lbs, MAY DIE at around the same time on a fast due to ORGAN FAILURE caused by the inability of the body to continuously, catabolically break down protein for months on end without permanent damage to organ tissue.

Not all of the irish strikers were skinny. Nobody here is able to do a fucking 60 day fast anyway. If they did, they would need to prove it.

Can I make like a deer and just lick the salt and potassium? I can't handle the water I drink being so disgustingly salty.

NOBODY WHO IS FUCKING OBESE WILL DIE TO ORGAN FAILURE WITHIN A MERE 60 DAYS.

You absolutely can, I do it every day. Beware of the potassium though, it really, really burns your tongue and gums. It's kind of crazy haha. That one is better with water.

The sodium salt though is heavenly and delicious.

you're not supposed to put the salt into the water. that would be like drinking a glass of sweat.

>eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/tale-angus-barbieri-fasted-year-lost-21-stone/

Yes, I've seen the article posted here. Obviously he achieved his results. But he was free to leave the hospital for days at a time, unsupervised. Do you really, really truly believe he didn't eat a SINGLE PIECE OF FOOD during that entire time?

Whether he did or didn't, 20g of protein (80 calories) will not catastrophically fuck up your fast every week or two. Given the choice between permanent organ damage or slightly less weight loss, i'll take the fucking protein please and thank you

There is no point in being an absolute purist, when fasting 99% of the time is infinitely preferable to fasting a true 100% of the time.

Ok sorry for asking. Yeah it's my first time cause I had gastritis for years and my doctor told me to eat small things every 3 hours, I'm not fat at all (170cm, 57kg) but I want to try fast and I really can't do it. Will try what you told me
Thanks.

Good luck, and my apologies for the anger with which that dejected, hostile dude replied to you.

You'll be just fine, you should never be afraid to adapt things so that they are optimally enjoyable for you.

Once the scale stops dropping, that's when you can begin to question what's going on haha

drink snake juice

Thanks a bunch, user. This now sounds way more doable. I'm looking forward to the rest of my fast.

I saw a link in the OP before with this crazy man yelling about fatties and making this drink mix with the salt an potassium, so I figured that was how everyone did it.

Ate a sub, Mac and cheese, Cheetos and a salad w toppings yesterday. 2,300-2,2800 calories.

It was the 2nd meal I had in like 7 days so it wasn't THAT bad but still it hurts my spirit. Gonna be fasting for least another 4 days, pray for me. I decided to skip Thanksgiving food