Build legs with only deadlifts?

Can I build decent legs with only deadlifts? Every time I try to squat it destroys my knee and I have to take a week off from leg work.

Deadlifts are fine, so if I just do deads is that enough? Or will I end up with no quads and a big phat ass?

S U M O
U
M
O

With diddly variations? Sure. Trap bar deadlift is basically a squat.

a partial squat

What about leg press? If you're not competing who the hell cares. I have shit mobility on squat but I just slow it down and do them anyway. If I feel off I just do leg press. My legs are developing ok. Do it and post results. I have to say, this is one hell of a terrible site to ask advice on.

you could consider doing clean pulls, they're similiar to deadlifts, but they tax your quads more than your hips. look'em up

1inch rom does not build any muscle

Prolly won't see good leg development and will possibly even stunt your deadlift early too. Deficit deadlifts and sumo may be your best option.

In fact a better option would be to learn to squat without hurting your knees ie squat properly (something which requires a LOT of work and constant practice)

Semi sumo, it's basically a half squat

Back squats bother my knees as well but I get by with front and zercher squats. Have you tried any squat variations?

have tried any variations yet. I might once my knee feels better but I'm hesitant to keep fucking with it

>Every time I try to squat it destroys my knee and I have to take a week off from leg work.
Either you are doing something wrong or you had a knee injury that required surgery. Which is it?

Try fixing your form and deloading. Squatting should not be painful.

>learn how to squat

Not possible because I’ve posted form videos and people mostly say my form is good

>Trap bar deadlift is basically a squat
less so than sumo

so does that mean you can't even use leg press?

>Every time I try to squat it destroys my knee and I have to take a week off from leg work.
you're breaking at the knees first or you're not allowing your knees to go past your toes which puts unecessary pressure on both your knees and lower back the lower your squat is

I have fucked up legs from soccer and was able to keep the muscle on with deadlifts and light leg press.

I had a knee injury a few years ago that required physical therapy, but not surgery

when I squat, I often lean onto the balls of my feet because being on my heels makes me fall over. do you guys think this could be the reason i have pain? Because I'm starting to suspect that

OP here, this guy isnt me.

My form is actually probably bad. see

high bar squat >>> lowbar squat

Same issue last year, make sure your balanced on your mid-foot, not heels or balls of your feet, and make sure your legs are tracking your feet and going out like you're showing your junk to the world, rather than forward.

Practice by standing with your toes about 6 inches from a wall and your feet shoulder-width apart, and then body squat until you break parallel without touching the wall.

Also, consider seeing a physical therapist for advice on how to strengthen your patellar tendon for squats.

I'll just go ahead and say it
>olympic squat (both back and front squat) >>> any other variation

just do isolations
leg curls etc