So how is accutane? I'm planning to go on it in a few days. I wouldn't say my acne is terrible...

So how is accutane? I'm planning to go on it in a few days. I wouldn't say my acne is terrible, but absolutely nothing else works to cure it. Have you had side effects?

Other urls found in this thread:

ajo.com/article/S0002-9394(01)01024-8/fulltext
bjo.bmj.com/content/90/8/957
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've been on it for 3 months now and I can honestly say that the side effects are no where near as bad as you think they'll be. My dermatologist even told me that its safe to drink while you're on it if you're young and have a healthy liver. Just carry round lip balm amd you'll be right but it does take a while before it starts to clear your acne.

I used it back in 2007, got rid of my facial acne completely. Only side effect was dry lips. Definitely worth it for me.

My friend on the other hand had liver problems with it and had to stop. Make sure to check your blood work while on it, be aware of symptoms of big problems. I don't know them. It's just a matter of stopping if shit goes south. No big deal.

did it for 4-6 months a few years back

definitely worth it as i tried everything...several antibiotics, every creme imaginable, benzoyl peroxide, etc etc.

had some serious side effects with my lips, got a cut from it being so dry and found out i was allergic to neosporin in a very fun way (terrible allergic reaction permanently damaging my lips)...other than dry hands and constantly needing lip balm its not bad though

I had absolutely horrible acne, and it cleared it up for the most part. Still get a little bit but I look normal now, so while my high school years were fucking awful even though I lifted and shit my college years were okay.

My face was so dry because of the acutane that I either smothered it with lotion or I left a trail of skin everywhere I went. I also developed explosive, but inconsistent anger.

OP get clindamycin gel if you can, its so good, better than benzoyl peroxide. apply two times a day. morning and night. Anyway your question:

10mgs a day of accutane until you clear, which will probably take 6weeks if your acne is just light-moderate.

after that just do a maintenance dose of 10mgs every 2-3 days. See how it goes from there. Always take it with food, preferrably fatty meals, helps absorb better.

10mgs/day you might get chapped lips as the side effect, so buy some lip balm for daily use, vaseline at night before bed helps too.
At the maintainence dose the side effects are basically non-existent.

When the doctor put me on 60-80mgs a day I had joint pain, sometimes got headaches, and really really dry lips and really dry facial skin, and my skin overall became very THIN, easy to get cut/scratched...I hated it.

So I just lowered my dose to 10mg after researching "microdose accutane". Literally the same clear skin, but 99.99% less side effects

here u go OP

yep, those are all very dose dependent, most will be negated at small doses like 10mgs a day, or every 2 days, except the dry lips.

higher doses you will get worse sides.
research "microdose accutane"

i hate mongoloids so much

that subhuman mongoloid think she is cute

fuck off

This is sort of related, but how well does tetracycline work for acne? My doctor prescribed it to me a few days ago for it

Simplified, they kill the acne bacteria and decrease inflammation associated with it.

>tfw no average C O R E A N gf

she is Korean you retarded fuck

she is cute. What's the matter soyboy, not enough Adams Apple for your taste?

>tfw above average Korean gf

Same here, same effects (ZERO acne) and side effects (dry skin) and I think I took it also around 2007 or 2006. I was going regularly to my dermatologist while taking it so he gave me loads of stuff for the side effects and pressured me to stick to a strict diet to keep my liver healthy so no alcohol, no caffeine (don't know why he said no caffeine but he insisted), no smoking, less sugar etc.

Accutane is a very effective drug, I just wish I had took it 1-2 years earlier so I could have avoided some of the scarring. You should never postpone acne treatments, do it as soon as possible.

Side effects vary between people obviously, but I was on it for 6 months and only had dry lips. My face is pretty much impervious to acne now, my husband even got molloscum from visit to china which is a highly contagious viral skin disease that causes small hard lumps on surface of skin and I didn't get it at all despite not trying to avoid it.

It cured 90% of my acne, i still get it but its not really visible, just under the skin bumps.

However ever since, when i eat too many carbs my face gets itchy and tingly, didn't happen before accutane, quite annoying. Persistently dry skin as well, i have to moisturize like a woman.

If your acne isn't severe i wouldn't recommend it, mine was severe cystic acne so i had no choice.

That said while on it i had dry skin and lips but not any other side effects like all the online horror stories will tell you.

side-effects (night-blindness, hairloss, jointpain, disc problems, IBD) are irreversible tho. Hoffmann-La Roche stopped producing it becuase of that. Never had an acne, but I wouldnt risk it

ajo.com/article/S0002-9394(01)01024-8/fulltext

bjo.bmj.com/content/90/8/957

Joint pain isn’t irreversible. It’s due to the overall “dryness” associated with it.