/fat/ enlightenment edition

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All I want is to go down to a UK Dress Size 12
save me

Third attempt.

Over the past year went from 420lbs down to 340...and stopped. I know I need to keep going, but its been so exhausting, and even though I've lost so much, it's hard to see or recognize...I'm still a fat fucking fuck.

How do I keep going?

stop being fat you fatfucks

Story behind image?

i'm trying

Don’t look at the scale and go for a 100 day streak no binge
Then if the numbers go up you can’t be upset
If the numbers go down you won’t rewaes yourself
At the end of it healthy eating is ingrained.

sandniggers

god bless the return of wojak

Lost 1 kg this week, only 29 more to go

You can do it user

been flying a bit close to the sun lately user's.

Made some tremendous losses but I've been dating a lot and drinking so I'm not losing as fast as I want to be.

I'm thinking of going full hermit mode for a month to focus on goals. I've let my success so far get to my head, I need to readjust myself

when i get out of the shower, i will have some chocolate cake.

Good shit nigga don’t ever let instant gratification of roasties get in the way of long term goals.

Already posted this in another thread. I can't lose weight like before, I don't know what the fuck is wrong.

2 years ago I just had to cut my carbs and fast for a bit and I could lose like 4kg in a month. Now I cut carbs and fast, and I'm gaining weight, what the fuck.

When was the last time you broke your diet?
Confess.

Read the sticky you retard

TDEE? What's your deficit?

>down to 276 from 295lbs
>loosing fat
>great noob gains
>people already telling me they can see the difference
>been really heavy on protein the last few weeks
>suddenly realise I haven't shit for three days
>pains in my ass when I move
>just taken two laxative tabs

Hold me /fat/, I'm going to dump a tractorfull.

I shit once a week ever since I've started dieting.

That can't be healthy.

Here we go again I guess.

I'm always afraid when cutting/losing weight that I won't eat enough/not have enough nutrients. I have no baseline for what is okay and what isn't. What is too little and what is enough. Sure I can go by calories but a gaint hamburger could count for all my calories. But that isn't healthy nor proportional. Does anyone else get what I mean?

I'm also looking for some sort of sugar substitute. For the most part I've weened myself off of Soda/pop and just stick with water. But sugar and treats are still a problem. I need replacements of some sort.

Finally a friend suggested (multiple times) the Burnstien diet? What the fuck is it? He said you could burn up to 20llbs per month or some shit? Sounds fishy but is it legit?

You cannot starve yourself while you've got fat.

I'm a struggling fat that became a strong fat but after moving I am not even a strong fat anymore. My diet is so up and down I feel like one week is progress and the next is regression. How do those who have made it keep their fat selves in check? I am looking for any advice on how to keep down the side of me that drives me to eat like shit, because I fucking hate myself.

How to do starve myself for a month without feeling pain?

Was around 265 lb at my heaviest mid-march, now I’m at 162 lb. Lost the majority of it by the end of August and have been at around maintenance calories since, losing about 5 lb a month or so. Do I still look DYEL? Am I cursed with this loose skin on my stomach and sides? What can I do to improve my physique now?

I'm down to 179 lbs from 200 at 6' but I feel fatter than ever. It's weird as hell. I'm much more aware of how much fat is on my body. Going to get down to 165 and see how I look.

But even if I'm not actually "starving" myself. Not eating food for a day or two cannot be healthy.

Look I'm fat but even I know that. It isn't a long term solution and doesnt even address the problems of gaining/losing weight

Fuck me it’s sideways, don’t know why my phone did that

I drank a small bottle of sprite today.

post a fat anime slut

i need one

you look like someone who would be afraid to be on Veeky Forums

FUCK YOU AND YOUR PERFECT HAIR DUDE

you look like you drink soy for a living

Start lifting. Congrats on the weight loss.

Not eating for a day or two is perfectly natural. It's not going to have any consequences and is definitely healthier than being a fat fuck. Just make sure that when you do eat you eat healthy.

Why do you give a shit about what's healthy or not? Your biggest problem right now is fat, and fat loss comes from eating below your TDEE. You should focus on that first by counting calories. Take a multivitamin if you think you're not getting enough micros. As for other stuff, you will gradually learn by research and can adjust your diet to your preference.

Sugar substitutes would be sweet things with low calories that you can find, but you don't need to cut yourself off from things you enjoy, just eat them in moderation.

Tfw can’t grow full facial hair either

Muslims being muslims.

Muslims selling a child into slavery it appears.

children's recitation contest

she forgot her lines

Diets can only affect how you feel/overall health, they won't magically burn more fat. Someone who eats 1500cals each day on a keto diet will burn the same amount of fat as someone who eats 1500cals of mcdonalds everyday. The difference will be how fast results are shown on the scale and quality of life. The guy eating mcdonalds will probably feel like shit and hungry all the time while keto will give them more energy and have less cravings. You could try the Burnstien diet as a guideline on what is healthy to eat but calories are of main importance.

>literally no carbs
>>keto will give them more energy

>what is ketosis

Compared to a diet of mcdonalds? Yes.
I'm not shilling keto, just making an example.

I drank 3 coke cans today.

I've gone 3 days without eating on occasion and nothing bad happened. Drink water. It'll be okay. I'm 154 from 188 on 1K calories/day and bodyweightfitness/gymnastics. Seriously, you can lose the weight and your biggest problem is the FAT.

I don't even remember what coke tastes like

maybe it's just me but going back to coke after eating clean was like going to diet coke from coke. It tastes like shit now, which is good I guess. Would rather have a couple of eggs for the calories than a can of coke

I don't even risk having a soda

I've gone off soda before for over a year but the second i have even a sip, i start wanting more and more and can't stop

At what % body fat aprox you think people cant tell that you are not fat with clothes on?

/fat/, how come diet and exercise has started to make me feel fatter and weaker than I was before? Before I started, I wasn't eating healthy, but I felt pretty great overall.

Now, after about a month of dedicated diet and exercise (mostly cardio), I feel way more sluggish and fat than I've ever felt. I don't feel hungry, But I feel weak and malnourished after I eat a healthy meal. Early on, exercise made me feel great after I did it, but now I feel like a disgusting ball of goo for the rest of the day. I can physically feel the fat on me, it feels like it's attached to me and sucking the energy out of me at all times. I never felt like this when I was completely neglecting my health.

Any idea what the reason could be and if it's temporary?

5'11" 270lb BTW

why does squats hurt so much the next day
holy shit fuck
it is hard to do it since the next day I can barely walk to college without looking I have a boiling egg shoved up my ass

they are an intensive lift, it is to be expected. try massaging your muscles afterwards and taking a bath if it helps. squats and ohp fucking kill my body

Ignorance is bliss
It gets better when you've achieved your goals and that's until you set new goals from that point.
Check your form you might not be going in smooth its a slow descent not a drop

20%

>losing 5.8 lbs on average a week

>looking great, clothes much looser
>can't sleepy, anxious when resting and if not running.
>instead of eating I just burst into tears like a girl

Did I nuke my t

so low ? im 26% body fat i think and dont think i look fat on clothes, maybe i have distorted reality or something

using this pic i must be 22% body fat

Does anyone else have gastrointestinal upset?
>nausea
>diarrea
>stomach pains

unless you're a chick, 20% isn't low. it's just not obese.

ok i just lost 15 kg, i just arrive 22% body fat, still a more to go, thanks for replies

wiat whats the story here, also

>who

20% is the female equivalent of 12% for men.
Any lower and you get sick or look like a freak unless you have the right build.

Make sure you aren't overworking yourself, take enough days to rest if your body needs it. Otherwise, you just keep making progress then it will get better. You will become more physically fit at the same time as taking off weight from your body, it's an amazing exponential feeling. Everything will just seem easier to handle.

Just use a caliper.

>had gall bladder removed for surgery
>mfw eating anything with large amounts of fat

thank god I don't eat much fat anymore.

Okay brehs I am in a bit of a peculiar situation.
I used to weigh 120+kg, not really sure how much more I weighed at 185cm.
I then started doing keto and lost weight until I stagnated at 82~. At this point I started lifting, me symmetric strength profile is pic related for some indication of where I'm at.

So I have been making some good strength gains from where I started, but I am still a fat piece of garbage. I don't look like it with clothes on but I have major love handles and slight moobs to get rid of (most of my fat distribution seems to go here). I would estimate that I am at 25% body-fat. I would like to be at 15% this august with minimal muscle loss.
So is staying 500kcal below tdee with >1.5g protein / lb bw the optimal way to achieve this?
Would implementing a ketogenic diet be a good idea for minimizing muscle loss as well? I feel like I lose the fastest when I cut out carbs but I am worried about how this will affect my muscle mass.
Any input is appreciated, thanks guys.

Drop it to 1000kcal, 500kcal might not be enough for you because of metabolic adaptations.

I might try this and then up it back up to 500 deficit if my lifts are suffering. But I suspect that you are right as I have been eating 2300 and maintaining while lifting 6x / week which is not in accordion with any tdee calculator I have found online. I guess I will have to adapt to a pure protein diet if I am to eat 200+ grams of protein at 1500 kcal / day

>accordion
accordance, not native english speaker lol

You don't need that much protein.
bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

Interesting user, thanks for the link I'll take it into consideration. What about carbs, what kind of carb intake would you recommend for maintaining muscle?

you sure it's loose skin? looks like fat

height? trying to figure out if I will look similar at 160lbs.

I love the feeling of my body starving but it means I can't sleep either

Once you are in ketosis you wont have any hunger pains. I did a 56 hour fast last week and ran 2 miles after the first 12 hours, went to the gym right after, and at about hour 26 stopped feeling any sort of hunger.

pain , like hunger ?
get fat adapted before the fast.

that's funny , I'm down to 270 from 350.
and I feel soo thin. I'm not done tho , thanks fast.

I've been binging for two weeks now. Any advice?

meditate

>averaged 624 calorie deficit for the last month
>should have lost 5.4 pounds
>actually lost 7.3 pounds

>averaged 42 calorie deficit for the last week
>should have lost basically no weight
>lost 1.2 pounds
I don't get it

you know that calculators can get you CLOSE to a value, not a specific EXACT value, right?

Stop.

Yeah but I'm not even in the same ballpark.

My monthly weight loss is off by 35% higher than it should have been and my weekly weight loss was 14 times what it should have been

this
kek

well we all know that we cannot create energy out of nowhere. it simply has to be an error in the calculations (food has less calories than calc expects, higher metabolism than expected etc)

Have you been going up and down in weight? It's possible your metabolism is fucked from constant dieting. Can't say for sure though. You might also just be calculating calories incorrectly/not setting an accurate goal for calorie intake.

6 ft

Dotard hold me

DOWN 25 LBS SINCE SEPT 1!

good job

I'm on the final stretch and I'm lacking motivation to keep going. Super discouraged by all the loose skin.

Roll

Looking good my man almost there, dont lose hope because when you start gaining more muscle the skin will eventually tighten up.

I been going to the gym 3 times a week, i got nothing to do today could i go gym and do more lifts or is that a bad idea since i was lifting yesterday? Could i do cardio without affecting muscle gains? nub questions

roll

Lift my friend. Give your body form. You already look human. Now it's time to look super human.

drop like 30-40 more pounds and you'll know if its loose skin or fat. looks like fat to me