WHAT ARE THE BIGGEST SCAMS IN FITNESS?

being natty

SS

unironically whey protein

protein pooder and the vast majority of supplements

I hate this meme

Deadlifts for aesthetics

It is the most cost effective protein you can buy based on grams of protein per $ spent

That you need to eat animals to get big.

If you're a skelly, protein is a meme. Why not just get a high protein snack that can both give you protein AND help you fill your macros?

Supplements beside whey and maybe creatine
> also pre work out

>high protein snack
Like what?

You're not going to eat steak 3 times a day or 3 protein bars a day. Protein powder is by far the most cost effective

The protein I bought is 70g/protein per dollar. A protein bar is like 14g per dollar

>The Elliptical.
Literally no one other than fat fucks use it and there's a reason why.
>leg/arm weights
Fucking horrible for your joints.
>Nike running shoes
Garbage tier. Will literally fall apart if they don't destroy your feet or injure you from over support.

That you can get big without eating animals.

whey is a waste product. it is literally useless. the fags are marketing it by saying "drink it after working out so you dont miss your anabolic window" and trying to rip people off. just eat two eggs and you get the same amount of protein from real food

Supplements outside of whey or pre workout, and even then some whey is a lot of filler and some pre workouts are placebo more than effective ingredients. The supplement industry is huge but many products are useless.

That lifting will get you a gf.

> forcing whey protein meme this hard

Kys soyboy

1g of protein per lbs of bodymass.

wasn't it 1g/kg?

Do you have any proof that the body doesnt absorb this "waste product"? I've been thinking of it like any other supplement that just helps you reach a goal amount if you are having trouble fitting it into your diet.

So lets say if the study's that say you really only need .5 per lb of weight are right. Then eating a chicken breast and some eggs in your day might not be enough. So whats the harm in a supplement like that. I know you can always eat more food with protein in it, but with working a ton and then going to the gym it seems to make things easier.

Naw I think it was per lbs.

You're moving the goalposts to the unique case of a skelly trying to bulk up. Overall protein is not a meme, and is very efficient.

0.8g per lb is the absolute most any study has shown, most put it at 0.75 or less.

BCAAs

What? 2 eggs get you 12 g protein

2 scoops gets me 54g and is cheaper per gram

protein supplements are useful if you're on a cut, otherwise there's no point in my opinion, real food gets the food done.
it's also funny when people take a wide variety of protein supplements, like whey isn't enough, they have to also take BCAAs, casein, etc.

creatine is effective, however once you stop consuming it then it's as if you never used them. If you're about to compete it makes perfect sense to use it, don't see much point in doing it year-round though. But it's not expensive so whatever, take it if you like.

>also pre work out
agreed. Have some caffine pills if I really need a boost.

>real food gets the food done
*gets the job done

Easily the programs shilled by fitness Youtubers. How has no one mentioned those yet? While they might not be snake oil, all of the information you'll receive is freely available on the Internet, so in that sense 100% of your money is being pissed down the gutter.

The only reason I'd eat scoops would be cutting at 2000 or less calories. That's too hard to get enough protein in. But then again that's an excuse to be lazy and not to do cardio to raise your calories.

The point of creatine is to enhance performance and recovery, not anabolism. Besides, it's cheap as dirt

please post your huge two egg physique user.

The idea that any pro athelete or model or actor is natural.

The idea that a geared up body is the best looking body and one that can be attained naturally.

The idea that they need to be vegan or atkins or whatever to be healthy. A basic diet of veg, meat, berries, nuts, and the occasional fruit is all that is needed

The starvation mode myth. You don't enter starvation mode from eating nothing. You enter it from eating very little consistently for months.
Ironically enough, eating NOTHING works better.

Any beginner program that pushes an ideology of fitness rather then concerning itself with helping people get fit and healthy is a trash program
If the program is seen as infallable and it is the persons fault for not being served by it then it is a trash program

"cardio is bad".

"untrained unfit unhealthy people should do hit".

Protein supplements and diet anything. All of them are shilled to you pointlessly.

all of these, but also low-carb diets. The shills can't sell protein powder if people realize that all you need to do to be fit is lift a lot, do conditioning/cardio, and eat like you mean it.

Klokov eats diet foods though

I actually eat bcaa after work, then rest for like 30 min and go to the gym. Mind that Im working manual labour 12 hrs shifts 8 days straight. Is there anything better I can do to recover, at least a little bit after coming home, beside bcaas?

Whey protein is basically just food anyway, it's not a scam. It's convenient for me when I don't have access to a lot of other protein or don't feel like eating

Supplements. All of them. Having said that I still drink a protein shake once a day after working out, because the chocolate flavour I buy tastes great and is a nice reward for a hard workout.

BCAA'S ARE LITERALLY PROTEIN. LITERALLY EAT ANYTHING WITH PROTEIN.

that getting ripped will actually solve my life. lifting does nothing im still a fucking loser a virgin ugly and stupid. i will never make friends because i have no social skills and im ugly.

Lifting is just another thing to improve yourself. You'll look look and feel better than you did before, and you can work on your other problems

BCAAs literally do nothing for muscle protein synthesis. It's an incomplete protein. Just use whey protein instead.

protein powder

> literally protein
> incomplete protein

i didnt say it doesnt absorb it, i said there are better alternatives. for me, whey was pretty bad for my skin and im sure it also is for many other people. if you have no problems with it, do as you like. but you dont need it at all. just eat real food instead of drinking whey

Losing belly fat.

It's always pathetic to see how most aesthetic people sell scams online to those who don't know anything

Do some research dude, there’s a big difference between complete and incomplete protein. Easiet way to describe it is that muscles are LEGO sets and incomplete protein is missing a few pieces in the set but having too many of those fucking 2x4 bricks

Yeah Im going to get more protein heavy foods in my diet, but so far no negative reactions. I treat fiber supplements the same way as just a little help towards meeting my needs, but I make sure to have a lot of fiber rich foods throughout my daily eating.