Is it a good idea to subject your body to pain to build a tolerance?

Is it a good idea to subject your body to pain to build a tolerance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/R9oZaP-my5E
youtube.com/watch?v=oTIW5KtUUxY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

depends what you mean by "subject your body to pain"

it's a bad idea to actually damage your body

like what the guys in the webm are doing

I would say no. That looks like some kind of gay fetish video.

Most people on this board have no idea what they are trying to do.

If you're trying to get tough and hard, and doing big barbells natty strength stuff is part of that journey then yeah, beat the shit out of yourself.Figure out what you're trying to do and then do it.

idk but they're not natty

>the kiss at the beginning
>the guy picking up the cigarette the other threw to the ground
>the face of the shirtless guy after he's hit a second time

this is kino

We need another war for these men.

That's not what those guys are doing though. Martial artists do that kind of training with their hands but those assholes are just drunk.

You could get that body Natty but I agree they are most likely not.

>that webm
Veeky Forums in a nutshell

nice digits.

yeah you definitely can get it natty but the only reason i say they're not is because they are the stereotypical british lad that does sports science at uni, eats like shit and is out on the piss getting off their heads at house raves every other day.

living the life really desu

What the fuck was that kiss in the beginning?

kissing your friends isn't considered gay in the uk

yes lad what you sayin, nandos tonight ye ?

n-no homo

Only Alpha chads kiss their best friends in a loving, non sexual way to show their confidence and trust

As far as being tough and hard, the only pain tolerance you need to develop is fight tolerance. That's the only time in general that pain tolerance matters. And it's less pain management than it is mental management. Such as, not freaking out when you get punched in the face, being able to punch and elbow things without wincing like a bitch, and if you know how to kick, having tough shins.

Some people go about developing fight tolerance all wrong though- instead of training- and building up tolerance over time- they do stupid shit like rolling glass over their shins. Or punching walls. In reality- in any sort of street fight you should not be punching anything nearly as hard as a wall. Instead punch soft targets and use your elbows(not the actual elbow- the part on your forearm before the joint) to make hard strikes. And same thing goes for kicking. Kick with shins, and condition your shins by actually training and kicking the heavy bag. if you go overboard with kicking stupid shit or simply rolling shit on your shins, you will develop fractures and actually weaken your bones instead of making them stronger. Find someone that does muay thai, they will have bumpy shins from bone growth. Kicking the heavy bag or training with shin guards on is enough to develop this over time. As you learn to kick harder, your shins will have naturally grown stronger at a sustainable rate.

Basically, subjecting yourself to blunt trauma in an effort to be tougher is a waste of time bc you are likely not actually giving your body time to grow stronger to match your ability to ignore pain, and two- you're actually probably going to cause yourself injuries that will hurt in perpetuity and keep you from training to get stronger.

The second kind of pain management is good ole muscle pain, it's important to be able to ignore this so you can make gains but there's also a balance. but recognize good pain(gains) and bad pain(injury)

aye blud get me buckfast well meet at cindeh's... the raves gonna be massive, man will get skanked up skrra xoxo

are you a faggot or something?

This.

If you didn't get into a ton of fights in your youth you're probably going to be a beta the rest of your life.

>that feel when you kiss your sister like that (but in a loving, non sexual way)

Gotta love Slavs

Why the fuck did those two dudes kiss? Not even us Swedes are this overtly gay.

this is not a slavic behaviour, you would get your head kicked in for kissing a guy

>haircut
>shitty buildings
>beating each other with chairs
100% slavs

Pretty sure theyre irish, and yes its gay as fuck.

k1 fag here... subjecting your body to pain can mean a number of things. some parts of your body will never adapt to pain. being hit in the liver or the solarplexus for example will always (if done correctly) put you out. other fun parts include the spleen or kidneys, ur balls (ofc) and shit in your face like your eyes or the nose.

you can however build pain tolerance for gettin hit in the shin, arms, legs, stomache and head to some degree.

what the fuck are you trying to achieve here?

no, their behaviour is not slavic, also the buildings behind might as well be a city like Manchester

>might as well be a city like Manchester
Didn't realize the UK was so dreary

> head to some degree
all the guys/girls that had strong chins in their early careers start to get ko'd and have issues later on in life. I wouldn't aim for that kind of tolerance.

It depends. In martial arts, you specifically damage certain bone structures such as your hands, knuckles and shins to create microfractures and thus heal back stronger; however, if you went around trying to kick concrete slabs, youd seriously fuck yourself up and maybe do serious and lasting damage. Similarly, while getting punched in the face or regularly sparring does to some degree make you more resistant to that type of pain, getting punched in the face or beaten to shit on the regular is only going to eventually break you.

honestly its shite here m8

Manchester or the UK?

earth

hey guys have you had your daily dose of Soylent today?

Ask /asp/ about Iron Palm/Shirt sometime.

theyre 100% british

i can tell without even hearing the accents

its clearly britain

Looks like somewhere in Fallowfield to me

They're chavs m8.
Chavs are basically the British version of slavs, I mean the word is almost the same even.

>the word is almost the same even

>this is the generation of men that are going to have to remove the kebab menace

I'm OK with this.

Teens kissing eachother while the children get raped by pakis by tens of thousands
UK YES
UK YES

they look like standard uk gym apparel bro not chavs

nought against either group btw

training grappling is basically nonstop small amounts of pain, pressure on shins, pressure on muscles, pressure on neck, suffocation, joint locks... just do bjj if you want to develop pain tolerance

Not really, no.

Why not

hehe, I do bjj as well as muay thai. Bjj is definitely the easier and more versatile way to build of up pain tolerance though- especially if you roll against people that don't mind using pain points to get the advantage. Like cross faces and jaw grinding...and digging into the neck with their knuckles.

>that cute kiss at the beginning

>kiss
>ratboy scavenges up discarded cig
>battyboi gets slammed then rolls in broken rose glass
>all with visible STIFFY's

pottery

R u havin a giggle m8?

This the weirdest vid I seen all month

There's a surprising amount of strange things happening in this small video, I'm sleepy so I won't point them all out in greentext.

But it's very weird.

Hey OP, mind posting the version with sound if it exists? Cross-link it from /wsg/ or something.

I can't stop laughing

Do they drink buckfast in England? Also btw you ALL sound like gay posh cunts and i hate you, don't come to Scotland we really cant stand any of you

They're ozzies I'd bet twenty dollarydoos on it

>the kiss at the beginning
>"wait, let me finish my drink and one more pull from my cig
>throw unfinished cig on the ground
>other guy picks it up
This webm has it all

did he died?

>Do they drink buckfast in England?
Only in Corby.

Is this true? Westerners culture is weird no offense.

>it's a bad idea to actually damage your body
Not true entirely true.
>Derma needling skin/scalp boosts collagen production and hair growth
>Breaking down muscle fibers via exercise causes muscle growth
>Strength training an Shaolin iron training cause micro-tears in your bone tissue that are healed and overcompensated with increased bone density.

Stretching/yoga is the most annoying and painful thing. But if done controlled its definitely good for you.

What the fuck are they actually doing?

ill fkcn flatten u lad... keep moufing off mate ill split ur mums hairpiece, bang her out er boggin slippers u fckin bottom shelf sausge... man will get merked bludclaad.. i kept man shook.........cunt

>I MUST SUFFER

How do i flaggellant mode brus?

that webm is standard in the UK

Why did he throw his glass bottle? He'll have to clean it up later.

Heh

yeah that webm is your average training in mcdojos

>living the life

I would have unironically agreed with you when I was younger.

The reality is this:
Their forefathers ruled the waves, dominated world trade, and subjected lesser people's to the legendary British boot.

Now, these young men are utterly lost and misguided. They lack masculine influence and direction. They have no purpose in life, no plan, nothing. It haunts them subconsciously, and if they are aware enough, consciously also.

These lads probably not a day over 21, have already destroyed their endocrine system with steroids, abused their brain and bodies with heavy narcotics and are contributing to the destruction of Western civilization with their mindless whoring.

I garuntee, all of these things rend their souls while they lay awake staring at the ceiling at the night. These are some of mother natures greatest creations, destroying themselves.

they dont even look like ethnic slavs you absolute fucking 100% retard

>average day in the manlet pits

Veeky Forums the webm

>Implying the destruction of Western civilization is a bad thing
We need to start over. It was a great ride every now and then but now attempting to preserve this sick system means submitting to Jewish overlords. Good post though, my reactionary nigger

>>le masculine good old days
m8 no

subjecting yourself to more pain actually lowers your pain tolerance, there have been studies about this. something along the lines of "pain is a response created by your brain to convince yourself that something is bad for you. if you are consistently in pain, then these responses will become more powerful to overcome the fact that you have not changed your behavior to avoid pain"

an important part of everyday pain tolerance is deep breathing, if you can meditate for 10-15 minutes a day and just focus on deep, slow, consistent breaths then it makes it much easier to become "zen-like" and default to your meditative deep breathing when you're in pain, which will result in a much higher pain tolerance. exercise also increases pain tolerance but presumably that's covered already by the fact that you're posting here.

No. The body reacts to prolonged pain by making it more intense. It also fucks with the mind hard. It's why torture victims eventually break.

Why did they kiss? That was kinda gay.

they're pretty short senpai

yes it fucking is m8

holy fuk lmao

It’s only not gay if one or both of them are women.

fuck off it's shit here now

>all these insecure betas afraid of giving their friend a little kiss on the cheek
b-b-but thats so g-g-gay!! eeeeew!

>breaking bottles
>probably not even their home
>create mess ,neighbours yell at you,ruin neighbourhood
low tier wiggers and chavs are the opposite of Chads

clearly you have never met an actual chav
these are middle class homos

If you're confident about your heterosexuality and know that about each other, a kiss on the cheek isn't going to make you gay. But of course the insecure little closet fags are afraid of every form of skin to skin contact with their own gender incase people will think they're gay.

wannabe chavs are ten sdteps worse than an actual chav,at least a chav comes from a low bred shit family with alchoholics and abuse being prevalent.

fag detected

A couple years back i thought the feds were after me, long story short it's because some of the files on my old computer. Anyway, so i tried this thing i found on the big web called PWC, Progressive Waterboarding Conditioning. It's pretty self explanatory, you wrap a towel around your face and you pour water over it. The point is to start off small as small as you can. First only a few drops, but you do more and more each time. I did this for a couple of months and i think it actually worked by the end of it i could pour an entrie canister worth of water and i barely felt anything. I'd say it's worth to try it out if you think you'll be in a position where you get waterboarded and want to condition yourself. I did black out a couple times and i almost choked to death once, but it all worked out in the end. Nothing really happened with the feds so i haven't done it in a while, but i'd probably still have some leftover conditioning.

>garuntee

>that video
>pain

The only pain there is from me watching it. I thought he was gonna smash him on the back with the chair, instead he taps him on the ass. Gayest shit I've seen all day.

Are you a retard? Its clearly somewhere in UK

Anyone got a link to the video? Would be interesting to see where the accent places it.

Nvm found it. youtu.be/R9oZaP-my5E

Sounds like some Lancashire backwater. Proper Rugby League country.

My niggah

>Ur balls
not so sure about that friendo
youtube.com/watch?v=oTIW5KtUUxY

...nigga what?