VEGAN GENERAL

Judging meatcucks edition

A place for discussing all things vegan ethics, politics & health

Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
- Pollutes rivers
- Forests cleared for livestock
- Causes soil degradation
- Massive inefficiency
- Major contributor to global warming.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production

Vegan Health

reddit.com/r/veganfitness/wiki/index

reddit.com/r/vegan/wiki/dieteticorgs

Animals ethics crash course - youtube.com/watch?v=y3-BX-jN_Ac

The most common and well known argument is the argument from marginal cases. Loosely speaking, the argument contends that animals as sentient as retards should have the same moral status

formal argument - iep.utm.edu/anim-eth/#SSH1fi

(Meatcucks please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)

Ad Hominem - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

Strawman - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

Appeal to nature - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature

Tu Quoque - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

Morality is relative - Science, logic, mathematics are all based on axioms that are not proven, what is different about morality and moral axioms? Think this argument through before arguing for it, it is not as simple as you think. (most philosophers are moral realists and believe moral propositions can in fact be true)

Meatcucks please realise the difference between normative ethics (what we ought to do) and descriptive ethics (what beliefs do people have). Normative ethics is what is being discussed with regards to veganism and morality.

e.g.
- people should not eat animals for x reason (relevant normative claim)
- people eat animals for y reason (irrelevant descriptive claim)

Honest Advertising for Omnivores

youtu.be/zF_MlhXAjiE

Discord

discord
.gg/dTsF4T

Other urls found in this thread:

healthdata.org/mexico
journals.plos.org/plosone/article/file?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0088278&type=printable
youtube.com/watch?v=qnPcefBIbec&t
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html?zx=67757e04fa288a68
beefmagazine.com/blog/4-facts-debunk-meat-horrible-article
grist.org/sustainable-farming/farmer-responds-to-the-new-york-times-re-sustainable-meat/
latimes.com/books/jacketcopy/la-ca-jc-nicolette-hahn-niman-20141123-story.html
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
uib.no/en/node/103172
healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
suppversity.blogspot.com/2011/12/devil-in-feeding-trough-pge-response-to.html?m=1
mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?zx=66fcc1bc76d13641
suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/10/latest-study-shows-that-33-gkg-high.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>caring about being judged by people who eat what your food eats

>caring about the opinion of cancer and heart attack ridden people with erectile disfunction by 40

Try to prove it wrong.

Okay, yeah sure senpai, upvoteed
I honestly think that the entire meat industry is inefficient and actually extremely harmful to our environment, but the shit on the picture you uploaded is actually retarded.
Most vegans/vegetarians are people who care about their macros, their calorie intake and more often than not exercise daily.
The majority of the population are "meat eaters" and the majority of the population don't fucking care about their health. Do you seriously think that a fucker that smokes cigarettes like a chimney, eats a shit ton of sugar, has never even heard of calorie counting and thinks that a 5 minute walk from his car to his house is enough exercise for a week to live a long and healthy life.
Like cmon faggot, you can't be so naive.
>inb4 took the bait

Eat some meat and you might be able to do a strenuous activity like a meat eater

>tfw you don't know correlation isn't causarion

see any large scale intervention

see any controlled study that rwnoves plants from the diet

see how the longer peiple are on plant based diets, the less healthy they are relative to their age group

it's already done. all you have left is bullshit.

>be vegan
>get no gains
lol gay

vegans are stupid

>i care about animals
>i don't care about myself or about plants
>i don't care about animals enough to stop them killing each other

>These comics
>Implying I don't eat animals that i kill myself

Any tips in making veggies taste good? Tired of eating the meat and it's gross

>when you buy meat, you are pauing for animals to have their throats slit

I don't have a problem with that

Putting all the nutrition to one side- I'd like to hit you with a few facts about animal welfare. I'm a vet student (year off graduating) in the UK: I've seen farms with terrible welfare, I've seen farms with good welfare.

I thought for shits and giggles I'd have a flick through your "honest advertising for omnivores".

1. Male calves are now worth something - they are typically sent to market these days as long as the farm isn't down with TB as they are worth something.
2. You are aware that we now mostly use sex'ed semen now for AI? This not only gives the farmer the right gender calves to grow his herd, but also reduces the count of number 1.
3. If a farmer dragged a calf off as aggressively as he did on the video the cow would quite honestly kill him. When we remove calves from cows you have to be extremely careful: they're not dumb, if you treat the calf roughly they will go for you.
4. We're now selling calves, ala number 1, so why would we treat them like tripe?
5. 42 seconds in- that's disbudding (aka removing the horn for the safety of the farmer). Disbudding legally has has to be done with a nerve block- and given that's not a young calf it has to be a double nerve block. (Think like the nerve block a dentist gives you before he pulls a tooth). Yes it bleeds, the horn has a decent blood supply- but please don't equate bleeding with pain. We typically cauterise the stump and give analgesics with older cattle.
6. Why are 99.9% of the slaughter videos on here halal?
7. Slaughter house antics of throwing animals around. All slaughter houses in the UK certainly have to have a licensed vet on site to be able to slaughter anything- they'd be shut down within seconds if those antics were saw.

Animal welfare (certainly in the UK anyway) for beef/lamb/pigs is fantastic over here (birds I will admit still get a very rough ride). Yes the industry has issues, but propaganda like this is a load of PETA rubbish.

I can tell this comic was made in Europe seeing as how this is the halal method of slaughter and western Europe is basically an Islamic Caliphate now.

If you believe moral franchise extends to animals you're retarded

Learn to make vegan curries and chili. You can pack them with beans and lentils and wholesome veg and healthy kickass spices out the twat for some clean gains. Google will give you some awesome recipes.

Link some of these exciting studies.

>Why are 99.9% of the slaughter videos on here halal?
I assume you mean slaughter involving stunning and having their throats cut? That doesn't necessarily make it halal. Halal would require a blessing. Non-halal meat is often slaughtered in the same way, without the blessing.

>they'd be shut down within seconds if those antics were saw.
Were seen. This just sounds like you're deluding yourself. Plenty of footage exists. It's clearly not isolated.

Thx mate could never eat veggies even with ranch

reminder there's literally one vegan in this thread and most probably on this board.

nobody cares, faggot, just be vegan in silence

this, get off my board soyboys.

This one's make you feel bad as it is one kill a meal, not a good deal at all
but when you take into account meat utilization: one hot pocket goes for 150g, thats with the bread and cheese and maybe package included, lets count it as all meat even; 20 of those weight 3kg
A cow weight averages 720 kg, could be even fatter seeing its use as industrial meat, lets stick to average still
Lets say 70kg of the 720 is not edible even as burger meat, we get 4.500 sandwiches per cow
would I feel comfortable if one cow got stabbed for four thousand and fifth hundred sandwiches? I wouldn't think twice.

convince me to swallow the greenpill Veeky Forums

In Mexico, the number is not accurate, it's too low. Also, the second cause is diabetes. Yay for replacing that meat with sugar.
healthdata.org/mexico

I'm considering trying a vegan diet for around 6 months to see how it goes, I'm already eating like vegans do except I also have some fish and eggs in there as well from time to time, is there any youtube or instagram pages oriented to lifters?

plus, are the Venus brothers natty? one seems like he is the other not so much

Halal requires a prayer to be said and for the animal to be killed by cutting the throat without stunning. The cut is made with a sharp, non-cerrated knife in two immediate strokes.

The only exception is with hunting, where the prayer and cut is made after the kill or to kill a wounded animal.

>90% of people in Hungary die of heart disease or cancer
If anything, that shows Hungary as being a safe, non-violent place with exceptional healthcare.

i did that in college. ended up in the hospital and nearly died thanks to nutritional deficiencies wven though the hospital nutritionist said my diet should have been fine. literally cannot eat plants now without shitting blood.

well I dont plan on undereating

I think while vegan diet isn't superior to any other diet based on plants that also includes animal products, I want to find out if it stands as healthy as the other one and as efficient on building mscle and strength if proper nutrition is maintained

Wow Veeky Forums I could have never realized how helpful and outstandingly promising eating vegan actually is. All these benefits just by the simple task of eating dick all day every day.

anyone knows an easy eggplant-zucchini lasagna recipe without fancy ingredients?
got offered a shit load of those two and need to make lunch for I and my mother

/pol/ is having a fucking meltdown from "their boards" being spammed with vegan posts. They've got probably 10 people literally spamming threads about "soyboys". They're literally just giving vegans ammo considering soy phytoestrogen has zero negative effects on testosterone.
They're also spamming our discord on /b/ attempting to weaponize autism. Kek.
-Lex0

>

I mean vegans doesn't really pass any semblance of masculinity as a whole
sure soy might not affect you, but when a movement turns into a faggot magnet they become undesirable by association
we got daily soy threads here so its nothing board specific

You haven't seen /pol/ in the last two days I assume. There's 2-3 threads every few minutes.

Vegans don't really have an archetype associated with them. Most people associate a tv character or think of faggots when they think of vegans. Most vegans are either slim or jacked, or fat. Same with omnivores. The differences are minimal other than moral and a bit higher testosterone on the veganside kek.

I don't really give a fuck about meat, it's actually really inconvenient to store and prepare. But what about milk and eggs? I'm never going to stop drinking dairy or eating eggs no matter what.

not a vegan myself, but I started getting my eggs from "ethical sources". Local people who have chicken or just eggs that claim to be from chickens that aren't put through hell. I figure if I can afford it then I'll get the option that causes less pain.

If only she had drunk bacon grease, a well known cure for altitude sickness....

Oh, and when was the last time YOU climbed a mountain, meatcuck? How about not giving shit to a woman with bigger balls than you.

>Most vegans are either slim or jacked, or fat.
What other fucking options are there? Moron.

Okay, fellow judgmental douchebags. I think I may have finally focused my diet autism to the point where I have something close to an ideal vegan diet. Rate me?
Breakfast:
>small serving of beans with potatoes, rice, or a tortilla
>oatmeal with dried fruit, walnuts, almond slivers, and almond milk with a little brown sugar and soy milk
>small glass of fortified soy milk
>small piece of fruit

Lunch and Dinner:
>2-4 servings of various veggies at both meals
>some kind of leafy green vegetable or some kind of cruciferous vegetable at both meals, both included in at least one meal
>some kind of sugary "veggie" like cucumber or carrots or squash or sweet potatoes or radishes or something, at one or both meals
>some kind of "complete protein" at one or both meals (rice and beans, tofu, tempeh, pb&j, hummus and pita, edamame, nuts and bread, whatever)
>some kind of grain or bready thing at one or both meals (pasta, bread, pita, tortillas)
>some kind of starch that isn't grain at one or both meals (rice, quinoa, corn, legumes, potatoes)
>some kind of legume or bean product at one or both meals, not including soy
>one or two servings of fruit at each meal, and melon every single day
>small glass of fortified soy or almond milk at each meal

Snacks:
>fruit
>at least one serving of nuts or seeds every day
>green and hibiscus tea throughout the day

A Few Times A Week:
>antioxidant smoothie with berries and leafy greens and mango and flaxseeds in it
>various mushrooms
>chiles
>something fermented
>usually one ridiculously high-protein, high-calorie meal a week full of pasta and soy products and bread and beans and seitan and noodles and shit that sticks to your ribs like that
>seaweed snacks
I think I've included everything at this point. Let me know if I've missed something.

updated discord

discord.gg/eRsBJS

hello fellow vegans!

jk Im not vegan, vegans are fags

This.
What you are essentially asking is that I start looking like a sickly, DYEL, vegan, faggot, to ease the suffering of animals that aren't licking peanut butter off my balls.
> False altruism is a trait of the females of our species. Lay off the soy.

Skinnyfat and fatjacked. Moron.
Something you rarely see in vegans.

most of them are skinny fat or fat, a few are jacked but they rely on the supplement industry.

Get a few hens

Daily reminder that vegans hold a couple world records. If you're too fucking stupid to get your protein from sources without cholesterol then you deserve the cancer, heart disease, acne, bitch tiddies, and low testosterone.

> Vegans hold a couple of world records
So do pedophiles, what's your point? I want data on a majority of people. Not the stats on the far right or the far left, but the majority of folks in the middle.

Do you think the average vegan could out lift the average meat eater?

Good on you mate. Any little thing to help is good.

> implying I don't require b12 from the supplement industry
> using a computer and the internet and complaining about supplements without seeing the irony
Kys

>Daily reminder that vegans hold a couple world records.
and all the other records are held by meat eaters

I've really been thinking about getting some hens since I know a neighbor a few blocks from me growing up had them and it didn't seem so bad but of course I need to figure out what kind of investment taking care of them is first. Regardless it's in the plan.

>this thread again
Fucking vegans. When will they learn?

why does this artstyle kill my brain

>live on 200 acre family farm
>raise steer, pigs, chickens, goats, etc
>all get to frolic and have a carefree life except for the rare predator
>when the time comes harvest, process and package the meat for my family and for sell
I know where my shit comes from. I have helped give birth to most of the bacon and steaks i eat. Animals are just that animals, and they are pretty delicious my dude.

Vegans are 1% of the population. A lot of the vegan lifters/athletes attribute veganism for helping them push further. I guarantee you as we see more and more vegans, as the vegan population is growing around the world rapidly, that we'll see more vegans breaking records in the next 5-10 years.

>eat this six times a day
Rate my diet
1kg of Californian vegetables x 6

>larp
cool story
keep eating your factory farmed heart disease and keep larping to justify your guilt

(You) are not vegan.
(You) are a shitty refugee troll from (YOU HAVE TO GO BACK).
(You) are probably chowing down on all-meat pizza, or a bacon cheeseburger, or Hot Pockets, or chicken tendies (if mom will make them for you) while you were posting this drivel.
(You) are wasting our valuable time with this shitty attempt at 'trolling' you keep trotting out.
(You) are, as usual, a gigantic faggot, and someone should rape your face.
(You) should, for your crime of Cancerousness, become An Hero, so no one has to see your ugly-ass face ever again.
(You) have failed. Leave. Now.

did i miss something? when was this shit allowed in Veeky Forums

>shitty copypasta

Mfw veganfags

journals.plos.org/plosone/article/file?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0088278&type=printable

>the vegan population is growing around the world rapidly
so this is what schizophrenia looks like

>mexico
>thailand
>Fucking laos
No shit they’re busy dying from everything else

Hey guys, I was making some vegan chili while my girlfriend fucked Chad and Tyrone and I was wondering what a good vegan desert to pair it with would be.

If a vegan diet was natural, it wouldnt require supplements: The fact you cannot get B12 in a natural, unprocessed, way as a vegan proves their diet is insufficient for humans.

discord link is expred whats the new one?

B12 is the only thing that needs to be supplemented. Do proper research before saying anything else because they're all unnecessary. B12 is supplemented because we wash our food, your meat animals are fed B12 supplements as well so you're supplementing either way.

These vegan comics are never funny

I don’t support either position but what you have said is factually incorrect and you’ve also misrepresented part of his argument to make yours sound more authoritative.

Please explain why and what part is incorrect?

>i've never had a scientific argument but ur rong

Yep, these comics just kill all my interest in reading these threads as they just make me think vegans are straight up retarded.

>ethics, politics

What does this have to do with fitness?

>Pollutes rivers

>Forests cleared for livestock

>Causes soil degradation

>Massive inefficiency

>Major contributor to global warming

The prayer only needs to be a recording of a prayer which can be played on loop. And stunning isn't the issue, the issue is that the "stunning" process as we know it now isn't a stun, but a quick execution. That's what the islamics have an issue with

>so do pedophiles
Marloks confirmed for increasing sporting prowess
So say the ruler of Benthos.

>denying there are vegan athletes, bodybuilders and doctors

You can perfectly be fit and healthy on a vegan diet.

it's bait, no more and no less

The correct term should be "MILKBOYS" PJW BTFO youtube.com/watch?v=qnPcefBIbec&t

There's also rightwing nutjob athletes, bodybuilders and doctors but that doesn't mean Infowars is fitness related

This

>he thinks I need to morally justify myself to eat meat
>he thinks I'm going to have a philosophical crisis if I'm willing to do something immoral to satisfy my wants and needs
>he thinks I have a problem with being called an animal murderer

No argument can stop me because I'm willing to do whatever is necessary to keep eating meat. That being said, I would like to see the optimization and energy economy of slaughterhouses to improve.

i fucking piss on you vegan fakers

all you do is talk about meat, every fucking day

S O Y

B O Y S

WHO SOY HERE?

I just made a nice tofu curry. It's great.

Nice m8. My Pilate class starts in a hour and I'm super excited to go.

Pretty sure you're meming but Pilates is actually really good and can be pretty exhausting. But kinda boring for me.

Yeah sorry mate, I'm a migrant and English ins't my first language.

>even refugees can be SOY BOYS

^
^

>VEGAN GENERAL
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html?zx=67757e04fa288a68
>Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
>beefmagazine.com/blog/4-facts-debunk-meat-horrible-article
>grist.org/sustainable-farming/farmer-responds-to-the-new-york-times-re-sustainable-meat/
>latimes.com/books/jacketcopy/la-ca-jc-nicolette-hahn-niman-20141123-story.html

>heart disease
>heart attack
>Contrary to popular belief, consuming a higher amount of fat (about 35 per cent of energy) is associated with a lower risk of death compared to lower intakes. However, a diet high in carbohydrates (of more than 60 per cent of energy) is related to higher mortality, although not with the risk of cardiovascular disease.
>The research on dietary fats found that they are not associated with major cardiovascular disease, but higher fat consumption was associated with lower mortality; this was seen for all major types of fats (saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats and mono unsaturated fats), with saturated fats being associated with lower stroke risk. The researchers point out that, while this may appear surprising to some, these new results are consistent with several observational studies and randomized controlled trials conducted in Western countries during the last two decades.
>The large new study, when viewed in the context of most previous studies, questions the conventional beliefs about dietary fats and clinical outcomes, says Mahshid Dehghan, the lead author for the study and an investigator at PHRI.
>sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>uib.no/en/node/103172
>healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
>bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html

>diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
>chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2011/12/devil-in-feeding-trough-pge-response-to.html?m=1
>mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
>foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
>caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/

>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?zx=66fcc1bc76d13641
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/10/latest-study-shows-that-33-gkg-high.html
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
>breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health

> vegans
> healthy