What are some decent protein powders? I bought pic related, and it tastes like absolute garbage...

What are some decent protein powders? I bought pic related, and it tastes like absolute garbage. Unless I'm doing something wrong. I just mix it with water.
What do my fellow Veeky Forumsizens use? How do I make it not taste awful?

Other urls found in this thread:

labdoor.com/rankings/protein
allstarhealth.com/de_p/6130/Now_Whey_Protein_Isolate_Natural.htm
nutrabio.com/product/WPI5/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't buy that Wal-Mart brand shit, they nitrogen spike the fuck outta it so it looks like there is more protein in it than there actually is. Get your protein from myprotein, it's inexpensive, tasty, and good quality.

Optimum Nutrition.

Mix with milk

labdoor.com/rankings/protein

Isn't gold standard one of the best? it's on the sticky

Dude I bought myprotein while it was cheap as fuck and it was protien powder I don't think it was as good as say something from gnc. Flavors we're ok at best but it was clumpy as fuck after shaking a bottle. Flavors are also super hit or super miss

I feel like a fucking shill for saying this but Scitec Nutrition (vanilla flavour) is awesome. Pic related, it's what i'm on now, but i had the blue one before. (Non profession version)

I recommend. Gf absolutely loves the vanilla taste as well. I also mix it with milk so idk about how it tastes with water. I usually mix t with some fruits tho, usually bananas and sometimes add some cottege cheese to it. Shit's delicious, yo'

these two, the shit on the right is soy free and my asshole feels better and my skin isn't as red or acneful since mixing these two 50/50 into 1% lactase, i take a tablespoon of olive oil to replace the missing milkfat. (i used to just use the one on the right with 2% milk, but i couldn't keep it in my ass for long)

ON Gold Standard

Vanilla mixes best with water

Chocolate mixes best with milk

body fortress is good for making "pudding" or protein bars or mixing into oatmeal. It's also fine if you use it for an actual smoothie

Mix 1/3 of a scoop with 8oz of liquid egg whites. It’s stunning how fucking gay and retarded you guys are. None of you listen to the old heads at your gym I’m guessing

who the fuck cares about soy free? Whey isn't supposed to contain soy anyway, that'd be a mass gainer

>who the fuck cares about soy free?
i don't know whether to upload the jew or facepalm react

Just buy myprotein. That shit you linked is mega overpriced

I really enjoy Combat Powder. It's one of the few that actually taste good, but also it has like 6 different proteins, all of which act at different speeds. Only problem is it blends like absolute shit, so get a blender or something similar

when a food says "may contain soy" or something it's really tiny amounts, it won't make you grow breasts. The therory that soy raises estrogen isn't even a fact, there's no solid evidence

>The therory that soy raises estrogen isn't even a fact
well that settles it

i like the chunkiness at the top. hail costco

OP here. Appreciate the suggestions. Lots of insight.
The only problem with mixing it into milk is that I'm on a cut, so I can't really afford to add 600 extra calories into my diet.
I'm currently looking into ON at Costco, or GNC, although I've never been to the latter, and MyProtein.

recommend pic related. Pure whey, grass fed.
unflavored w/o any additives. Tastes great with fruit; just has a slight hint of powdered milk taste. Around the same price as ON.

If you were looking for something flavored then ON

Go to myprotein, they usually always have some kinda bullshit sale. Their flavors are all delicious

About $60 on amazon, prime shipping, 25g of protein per scoop, no misc blends filled with scrap metal and mercury, tastes decent to me. They also have unflavored if that's your thing.

myprotein. when they are having a sale, which is the majority of the time, you can get 11 pounds for the same price as ON. just be sure to measure the whey instead of basing it off of scoops, theyre scoops are ridiculously inaccurate

yeah now is very good and you can also get 10lbs for $100. I always got mine from here: allstarhealth.com/de_p/6130/Now_Whey_Protein_Isolate_Natural.htm it's $10 cheaper than Amazon although it's about the same if you get free shipping with Prime

Holy shit, that's nice. Thanks a lot!

first of all stop drinking whey for 'flavor'
it's never gonna taste good
but to make it tolerable i buy the unflavored 11lb bags of whey isolate and mix in some cocoa powder and sugar and a bit of almost-hot water. the amount of water is important since too much leads to a watery texture i do like 6 ounces for two scoops which is half the recommended amount. this leaves my shake warm and it tastes and feels like hot chocolate.
i got the 2.2lb strawberry creme flavor as a bonus from them and at first it was great but after a while it gets disgusting plus there's a chemically aftertaste.

5lbs for 50 bucks
lmfao

The one on the right is the grossest shit Ive ever tasted. I have a whole container of it sitting on my fridge and Ive yet to figure out what to do with it to repurpose it and use it. Tried baking cookies with it as a substitute for the sugar and those turned out edible, but not great. Probably will just throw it out.

This was recommended in another thread

I'm really not drinking it for flavor. I'm drinking protein that doesn't make me want to vomit, and I honestly don't mind if it's not whey. I've heard the rice, pea, and other alternatives reduce gas and whatnot, so I'd prefer those, if that's the case. I'll take something plain tasting, if it means not wanting to puke, getting my protein, staying within my calorie limit, and not breaking the bank.

so don't get the walmart brands that are on the clearance rack? muscle milk, body fortress? it's pretty convenient going to walmart.

Beef protein isolate > Whey protein isolate.

Andy Frisella

>MFCEO
>100TO0

optimum nutrition has a sale on alot of there proteins that make make a serving less than a dollar but they all contain soy is it worth it since there 100% gold standard whey would be .78 cents per serving or should I get their organic one that is 1.80 a serving without soy? Like does it matter since it is least most used ingredient in it? thank you to any who answer.

if it's clumpy, i'd suggest that you've added too much powder to it, or you've put powder in then milk, which allows for "pockets" of powder to sit and get surrounded by dampened powder.

Pour milk, add in however many scoops (I do 2 scoops with 450ml almond milk) and shake very, very vigorously. Shake it like it's a baby that you don't want or a seizure party. After that shit if frothy looking, drink a bit, if it's still got lumps, let sit for a sec, then shake vigorously again.

Good chance you'll have no clumps.

Kkeekkk my hero

I truly really actually enjoy "Designer Whey".
That's right "nutrition shoppe" stuck up bois...
They sell DW at my local hometown grocer.
Sometimes on sale $14.99 for 2 lbs.
Chocolate is great, and mixes well.

>supplement,,,, not main meal, Ogus.

are you sure about that?

NUTRABIO is the champ of everything

nutrabio.com/product/WPI5/

this is what I use: Non-GMO Whey protein Isolate

I use that stuff and mix it with banana, peanut butter, soy milk and a couple ice cubes

It tastes fine but I have no idea if it better or worse than anything else