What is this muscle and how can I balance it?

What is this muscle and how can I balance it?
my right side one is very pronounced where the left side one is non-existant

It also feels like only the right side of my lower back does any of the work, any suggestions? it is kind of becoming painful and i dont know where else to ask.

do some yoga shit like planks and bridges to work on that.
also swimming is pretty good for your back, especially for sorting out imbalances

thanks for the advice

another post, when i bend straight over, i can see that my back looks like this, the dotted line being where my spine is and the left and right being the left and right sides of my back
seems pretty bad

how do you see it if you are bending straight over?

but imbalances of this magnitude might suggest sclerosis. have you ever been professionally checked out?

quadriceps

with a mirror and i can see through my legs how it is much more raised on one side, and i can feel its using that side so much more

sclerosis like multiple sclerosis? i dont think i have any symptoms of that, my posture seems pretty ok, my spine is straight
i just have this horrible imbalance and its kind of painful at times, also neck pain

That's your homo erectus. Work it by doing downward dogs as often as you can.

squat and deadlift fgt

He means his boyfriend can see it. When he bends over.

tight quads could be causing my back pain, but that doesnt address the horrible imbalance i seem to have

if i started squatting and deadlifting before addressing this problem wouldn't it more likely amplify the imbalance?

that's scoliosis, dumbass

you literally discovered the standard test for scoliosis by accident

That's an erector. Do deadlifts.

>scoliosis
but my spine is very straight its just the muscles that i can tell

>i just testwd posidive for skoliosis
>waaa

I think our boy above is talking about scoliosis.

Look up how to brace correctly. This is the first step in any postural correction, which is most likely your problem.
Single-leg deadlifts might help you learn to use both sides of your torso musculature and address some of the imbalance.
Stretch to help those tight muscles after every workout.

not sure what you're getting at, my spine isnt bent at all

seems like it is the erector, ill search around for some exercises to do to balance it

ill look into this thanks

Tell me your pull ups are like shit nonexistent.

they are like shit nonexistent
would pull ups help for erector imbalance?

you literally just tested positive for scoliosis, moron

Do Assisted pull ups, with emphasis on you weak side. Do this with Lat pull downs as well. just do lightweight many reps and sets, like 4x10

I have the same thing bruv, it's scoliosis. Book and appointment with a physiotherapist and have it checked out.

It's normal to have a side of your body weaker that the other if you have scoliosis. This is because your spine, and therefore muscles, isn't straight, but "rotated", for want of a better word.

In my case, the imbalances this led to is having a stronger and bigger right side (pec and lat) compared to the left, while my left erectors and lumbar muscles and leg are stronger than the right.

Now, don't get scared. Unless it is horrendously severe, which would mean near constant pain in your back and side (this one mostly due to the muscles trying to fight against the imbalance, thus being overworked and fatigued) and a fundamental disability to do even some basic movements, there are several things you can do.

First of all, if you can squat and deadlift with proper form, it means you aren't fucked up that much. If you go see a physiotherapist, they're most probably gonna tell you which kind of exercises to do and posture to keep to try and fight the "rotation". You can't reverse it, if the spine is bent there's no way to make it straight again except sugergy, which if I recall correctly is only advised for extremely severe cases, is expensive and painful, and maybe doesn't even completely fix the problem. But it fairly easy to get A LOT better in just a few months with proper posture & exercise.

To be fair, i find that it would be a lot worse to have khyposis or lordosis, those can be a real fucking pain in the ass.

Tl;dr go see a physiotherapist

T. Guy with scoliosis

i suppose it could be rotated.
well shit :/

don't worry too much user, if it wasn't severe enough to impede you this far in life it shouldn't impede your lifts unless you're powerlifting
just go to a physiotherapist and get checked out, it can only help

is that kind of rotation scoliosis though? like i said my spine is very straight, and this page for example doesnt mention the word scoliosis in relation to spine rotation

nevertheless ill go to docs about it or something

What said

I'm going to bed now, if thread is still up tomorrow I'll give you a couple tips from my personal experience

I'm 21, had scoliosis since when I was 7 because I was a stupid cunt and never say or laid down properly, always on a side. This hasn't impacted my life in any meaningful way.

Only when I stand or sit for a long time (meaning hours on end) without breaks and without keeping a proper posture but slouching off dici get a slight feeling of discomfort in my right side. That, and when doing regular deadlifts, but that's just because I don't think I've understood how to do them properly yet (use legs not back).

Don't worry mate.

Do you do alternating grip on the deadlift and always use the same hand underhanded? That is the problem, if so.

i've never deadlifted in my life, this is my first posting here because im tired of it but couldn't find any specifics on how to tackle it in google.
by the sounds of it that'd be a useful exercise, but i dont want to do it wrong and make it worse

It could be scoliosis. I had something similar when I was about 15 or 16, and a doctor said I had some form of scoliosis.
I don't have that anymore. What did I do differently? I started squatting and deadlifting. Now I have two equally huge pipes on my back. The last time a doctor saw me with shirt off, I was complimented on my posterior chain and upper back development.

maybe it is some form of scoliosis

i'll start doing squats and deadlifting, hopefully someone at the gym can show me how

just buy "Starting Strength" by Mark Rippetoe and read that. "someone at the gym" probably has no idea what they're talking about, and you will screw up your back worse than it already is if "someone" doesn't know what to look out for or gives you bad advice.