Is it autistic to count the rest time between sets on my cellphone?

Is it autistic to count the rest time between sets on my cellphone?
I dont ever see someone doing it
Also: how much do you rest between sets?

Pic not related, my jawfu.

I do that too and while I rarely see other people do it as well the same people tend to not rest at all in some big hypertrophy superset thing. Also of the two best lifters in my gym one does time their rest with a watch

yes, yes it is.

I've done it for like 4 years nigger who gives a fuck

More people are doing it than you think, even if it's just glancing up at the clock.

Have used a fitness log app before that would set a timer for you every time you recorded the set you just finished. It conveniently just beeps in your headphones when it's been the amount of time you set it to

If I'm doing heavy compounds, I'll rest as long as it takes to feel up to the next set (home gym, not holding other people up). For accessories, I try to go for 90 seconds but I don't pay attention like I should.

Who cares, just rest till you're ready to go again.

it's more efficient than what i do. i take long breaks because homegym. 45 minute workout takes 2 hours :/

if you listen to music just count it in relation to the song

>Is it autistic to count the rest time between sets on my cellphone?
I actually bring a stopwatch (which I've had for years; I didn't buy it specifically for this) to track how long I sit between sets. Of course the reason I do this is because I've got a pretty full schedule every day of the week, and I don't want to spend any more time in the gym than is absolutely necessary.

watch me, i'm every other poster in this thread:

> HUURRR DRRRRRU HGURHRGHHHH
> U GO THO TOo GYM TO,, WORK OUT DUDE
> NOT 2 SIT AROUND ON UR CELL PHONE HUUUUUUH HHUUU
> UUUUUUUUUGHghgllrrr bbbbbrbrbbhghl

i always use my phone to time my rests. don't be such an autist, worrying about what other people think. disregard and acquire aesthetics

I don't get the clock app open or anything, but I just make a mental note of how far through my song I am and then what time it'll be in 2 minutes. Don't think it's autistic, just a guideline lol

I want to impregnate her

the correct answer

I do it. Otherwise ill rest too little and miss reps.

Thats gay

Autistic? no. Lazy as fuck and a terrible habit? Absolutely. Get the fuck off your phone at the gym

>not bringing an egg timer and counting the last 10 seconds out loud

I've been doing it ever since I started working out so I don't give a fuck

You need to be aware of the rest time you require between sets to make your programmed sets/reps that day. It's not autistic, it's just efficient work habits. I look at my watch immediately after I finish a set. For heavy work, I'll get into the next set after a 2-3 minute rest, maybe more if I think I need it. For lighter volume work I jump into the next set after a minute rest or so.

I do it, otherwise i end up taking too long and being late for work or taking sets too early and missing reps. 2-4 minutes for different lifts

I use a heart rate monitor that also is a stop watch and counts calories. As I aim for 90 -10 sec rest time I use it to count the time. Sometimes someone looks irritated but Idgaf

>not counting every single second out loud, getting more intense and louder as you position yourself for the next set

>using the stopwatch function on your phone to ensure you take an appropriate amount of rest between sets is lazy
????

Ok, I laughed imagining someone doing that.

Nah you’re fine bro. I’m fairly well adjusted, and I hit start on the app for 30 seconds too.

Okay grandpa

I typically just count by thousands

pretty much