Arnie only trained 3 months a year?

>WELL, EVEN ARNOLD WAS NOTORIOUS FOR TRAINING 3 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR AND THEN NOT TOUCHING A WEIGHT FOR THE REST OF THE TIME, AND IF YOU SEE PICTURES OF HIM IN HIS "OFF SEASON" HE'S A SCRAWNY AND SOFT 200LBS.

Never heard of this. Is it true? I know there are many pics of small Arnold, but...

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=69833

365/90= train once every 4 days. He also had manual labor jobs

This is commonly referred to as “off cycle”. The best of the best “cycle” when they lift and when they recover, working out for three months and then resting for the rest of the year.

roids giveth

And they continue to giveth

>steroids are bad for you
>wouldn’t want to die at a young age and lose all of your gains!

he has LUI tier arms now

His level of training fell drastically when he was in office, and muscle shrinkage as you age isn't uncommon.

maybe he trained from early age so his muscle memory was solid and all it took for him to get in olympia shape was just to take a fuck ton of roids and train for 3 months and boom peak condition again ?

Idk if that is possible or not

TRT ?

it's literally a fact that it works
Levrone was known for doing it

No way that's a 12 week difference.

if that is true then that is some fucking bullshit

i wonder if they can just roid and not train and still look like that almost

picture on the left was taken during Muscle Camp in Las Vegas, July 20 2002
2002 Mr Olympia was held 16-20 October

Yeah, this is why they're still alive and able to have kids.
The rest of them blasted year round, ate horribly, didn't stay active, and did ridiculous amounts of drugs all of the time

>i wonder if they can just roid and not train and still look like that almost
Probably, yeah.

So it's just
>live normally for the most part
>juice like a madman for months in preparation for the remaining time where you compete
?

yes quite literally

Like most boxers and fighters do as well. I don't know why it's so weird.

I'm reading his autobiography atm, and he seems to have taken up running to slim down for his role in Conan the Barbarian.

Why did I read this in Blahas voice?

What.

Aren't boxers training year-through? Am I too naive?

Only technique. Most of them gain weight and lose most of it a couple of months before a fight. When I was doing boxing I had a guy who would always be 10kg above and one month before he had a fight he would lose it all and look all ripped.

Damn.

What am I doing with my life?

>Aren't boxers training year-through? Am I too naive?
Seen Tyson Fury recently?

I don't know dude.
We're naturally supposed to have offseasons.
Bulk and cut seasons aren't just a marketing thing or bullshit that gear heads do only.

You litterally have to rest for a while after doing really strenuous and stressful shit to your body or your body will be destroyed and you'll lose years off of your life.

Being lean year round, lifting heavy as fuck 24/7/365, being swole as fuck and blasting year round, all of that shit is HORRIBLE for you.

How's an amateur without periodization supposed to compete with that?

I must admit, I recently got really bad patellar tendonitis for the past 3 months or so. I still go to the gym but I'm not at the level I was before yet I didn't really lose any strength, technique, or flexibility and I feel genuinely better. I've also been sleeping like 9-10 hours a day where as before it was closer to 5-6. I think there is a time where you just need to take it easy for a little bit and let your body recover, but I don't think it should be 9 months.

I guess it depends on the sport and what you do in the off-season.

Do athletes, I mean real athletes, not internet celebs and nobodys, really work out in the off season? They probably do, but I don't know. Arnold obviously didn't. Golovkin doesn't either, apparently (see pic). he also got really flabby just before entering camp for the fight against Canelo.

But not every sport has an off season, right? What about Muay Thai? MMA?

This is GGG before the camp.

>retards here THINK they know muscle
i want r*ddit to leave

Damn he looks best here

Depends on what you're doing
If you have small injuries here and there that won't go away, if you're feeling worn down and you're not feeling good then just cut back for a while.
Eat a bit more, rest a bit more, just dick around with your workouts to keep it in your head that you have to stay fit.
When you're feeling better then go back to what you were doing.

It really does depend on what activity you're doing. If you're doing something like powerwalking or something not very stressful then you need very little down time to recover
But if you're like an on season high level athlete like a fighter or american or australian rules football player then even with the best drugs you're going to need well over half a year OR MORE to fully recover from that abuse.

You have no fucking idea of how fucking jetsons tier cutting edge the recovery technology and medicine is american sports.
No clue.

How many heart surgeries did he have?
He'd probably be dead if he was some regular Joe and not a rich celebrity

>2017
>people still dont understand you can get jacked on roids without touching a weight

You're right.
Just take a look at his contemporaries who blasted an equal amount.
However, the 90's guys, most of whom are blasting year round, are all fucking dead from their gear and stimulant abuse.

>You have no fucking idea of how fucking jetsons tier cutting edge the recovery technology and medicine is american sports.
>No clue.
Show me.gif

Damn you can tell he's got potential for that massive chest like his dad, his hips are little wide tho

I've only heard rumors.
Cutting edge SARMS. Real deal, not that shit tier chinese bathtub chemicals with a new name shit that's being passed around today.
The real deal.
They would use stuff like light therapy alongside vibration in cool water to speed recovery.
That's just the stuff that I remember.

Uh... alright, I'll just go over there, don't hurt me.

This thread is so fucking dumb. Of fucking course Arnie trained all year round. He would have never made that amount of mass if he only trained 3 months a year.

Eddie Hall used a preassure tank to aid his recovery when training for the 500kilo deadlift

wtf hapenned to his left foot?

Is this entire thread a troll or are you faggots this fucking stupid?

Maybe I'm the stupid one...

Whoa, it looks like a seal flipper