What are some Veeky Forums compatible hobbies?

I spend 6 days a week at the gym, but even with school and GF I often find myself doing nothing on some days. What's a productive hobby that's not very expensive that's a nice filler for a Veeky Forumsizen? Preferably an at home one.

What do you do for fun, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gBK0P4ASZ0o
youtube.com/watch?v=ngsrzXTiFjA
youtube.com/watch?v=oUvIAL6IHBE
youtube.com/watch?v=BAe2kIVJ0QI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

interesting thread
bump

Just Dance simple cardio.
Dance Dance Revolution if you feel like cutting tons.

the exquisite art of the samurai sword

>Learning an instrument
Drums are a hell of a workout. Trumpet/other wind instruments require high V02 max.

>Cooking/baking
Nutrition is obvious but making new recipes and learning how to make bland food taste amazing or make unhealthy food healthier is a good one.

>Wood carving
For smaller items grip strength and finger dexterity is very important, for larger items, strength and stability help.

>Running
Trail runs, theme runs, spartan runs, ect.

>Any sport
Fandom is fine and can be done at home but rec league is good tier and coaching is god tier and require less skill and more fitness and understanding.

> MMA/self defense
Can easily practice at home, watch at home. Lots of variety to choose from. Can sell classes in self defense for $.

If you want to get really obscure:
>Dog agility training
Fun as hell and keeps you busy and everyone finds it cool. Easy to make a course in your back yard/park/living room.

>Trapeze/gymnastics
Requires lots of strength, stability, spatial awareness. Can be done in your home, with challenges.

>archery

>baking
>>eating carbs

Serious response.

Recently I struggle with finding a hobby ever since I cold turkey'd video games. Since all my friends were from gaming, by quitting I cut ties to them as well. Tried reading, studying more, researching fitness, but always end up bouncing back to netflix/anime/youtube/browsing Veeky Forums. So I just joined a outdoor club at uni and about to go up to cabin and do some hiking/caving and hopefully make a friend or two.

Rock climbing. Nothing but gains and new people to meet

>and new people to meet
h-how do you meet new people? i tried bouldering, everyone is already there with a friend

Trading crypto currency

good thread bump

discgolf

I'm sure there's always someone who's there alone. For example I always hike difficult trails alone because none of my friends are physically capable. When I sit down at checkpoints like a good view spot/resting point/peak you can always try to strike up a conversation. If you enjoy each other's company you can say
>hey mind if I tag along so I can leave you behind when the bears come?
The difficult part is at the end you guys will most likely part ways and never meet again but if you leave your contact information and they do text you back you will know you found a friend :)

Get a job

nigga you can bake POTATOES an CHEESE an SHIT LIE DAT

Lol. Typical stress free youthful mindset... You really want to fill up the remaining free time you have with hobbies?

I hope you realize that in a few years you'll only WISH to be able to spend that free time doing nothing.

Here comes:
>job
>gf/wife
>arguments
>cooking
>writing down impossible budgets
>listening to gf/wife bitching about shit
>trying to logically explain why you tried to logically explain a solution to her problem
>the rest of the shit you used to do like gym etc being squeezed in
>seeing an old school friend on that 1 day free you have a month that you wish you could spend at home by yourself doing nothing
>reading letters from the bank saying you can't borrow money because you don't already have enough of it
>trying to explain to a kid why silent letters exist
>finding out your teacher marked your eldests homework wrong even though you did it all for her

Don't start a hobby, you'll only feel more pain when you can't do it anymore... Just a word of advice. Get it over with and end it all now. Trust me.

I have a car I'm restoring.

For me, it's basketball, hiking, kayaking, hunting and shooting

Getting into music is a great hobby to keep your mind sharp and improve finger dexterity, a great starting point would be a shitty acoustic guitar and YouTube tutorials. Sports are another great hobby to go along with weightlifting, I fucking suck at basketball but I still have so much fun with it shooting around by myself and practicing fast break layups for cardio

>>finding out your teacher marked your eldests homework wrong even though you did it all for her
such is the life of a brainlet

Cooking is a good one. Aim for 1 homemade meal a week; can be anything. Beginning of the week, find recipe. Go food shopping during the week. Actually cook on Fri/Weekend. You'll be looking forward to it all week, and acts as a nice reward after a hard week of lifting :) I personally love making a big ol' sandwich, gonna bake own bread next week!
I also like photography on the weekend (again thru out the week I like to plan places to go, to have something to look forward to.) Crypto is also kinda fun even in small amount, Veeky Forums is a crazy board. Can become kinda tiring just waiting for shite to happen out of your control though.

>1 homemade meal per week

Is this bait? You should only be eating out like once per week.

he's addressing the people who never cooked before, how is cooking everyday possible for them?

lmao you are the perfect goy. keep on being a wage cuck

>>MMA/self defense
>Can easily practice at home, watch at home. Lots of variety to choose from. Can sell classes in self defense for $.

bump for more hobbies

Aluminum casting:
youtube.com/watch?v=gBK0P4ASZ0o

Bronze casting:
youtube.com/watch?v=ngsrzXTiFjA

Black Smithing
youtube.com/watch?v=oUvIAL6IHBE

Woodturning:
youtube.com/watch?v=BAe2kIVJ0QI

Play EDH
Write screenplays
Make hip hop
Learn about strength training

Why did you get married and have kids, then? Seems like that's the cause of most of your problems.

Musical instrument is the same type of grind as getting fit. I would know because I'm a professional musician and spend a lot of time improving my body to benefit my craft.

By improving my physical fitness I'm able to limit performance anxiety by having a naturally lower resting heart rate due to increased cardiovascular performance and high stress periods induced during weight lifting makes playing in front of a few hundred people seem like cake.

Holy fuck, literally get a job you like doing, make sure it pays well and don't marry a bitch.

I literally fixed almost all of your problems, you fucking beta

Nigga, READ.

In a few years it will be much harder to find the time. Educate yourself, be /fitlit/.

>martial arts
be ripped and know how to use it

>read philosophy
meditate on the nature of existence

why haven't you taken the warrior-monk pill yet?

Bicycling

One of the best purchases I ever made was buying a drum set.
If you can't go with a traditional setup because of noise, get an electric kit.
I'll admit, it's not the cheapest hobby if you buy a good kit but It's one of the few things I've bought where every single cent was justified.
Also, if you go with double bass pedals, get ready for a killer tibialis workout when you decide to spam fast sixteenth notes.

All of these problems can be solved by
Getting a good job
Having a good judge of character
And
Not being a fucking brainlet.
The last step is what you struggle with

I draw. Painting gets pricey but drawing just needs pencil and paper.

Hard to get started but rewarding as hell to be good at.

your fault for taking on all these responsibilities, retard. Stop playing the victim you fucking cuck