Lifting progress threads, mates

Lifting progress threads, mates.

I've been lifting for a year, but this is 8 months progress. Finally got my macros in check after the first 4 months, after seeing my progress start to slow down.

Doing the Fierce 5 program.

Still DYEL-tier bullshit, but I ain't stopping.

Post yours, your routine, maybe some advice for people starting, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You look like you just got fatter

you're supposed to lift weights on a bulk big dog

Yeh, body fat did go up unfortunately, but I did get more muscle mass too. Gonna start a cut after the holidays, (might as well use the extra calories) because I do have one too many handfuls of titties at this point.

You need to lose weight before worrying about cuts, bulks, etc.

I agree. Figured I might just carry on with my bulk until after new years first, though. Gonna likely be eating like shit because of the holidays, so I might as well use the extra calories.

its time to cute if this isn't bait

Not bait, mate. My first bulk, even if it was dirty. Was using IIFYM. But yeah, I know, I got them tiddys.

was meant for

What are your lifts, man? What's your program? Are you doing your compound barbell lifts? You should look a lot better than that if you've been lifting as long as you say. Time for a new plan.

Yeah, my program WAS shit. Just recently changed.

I was doing bro-splits, nearly isolating everything that wasn't bench or squats. And it was a fucking joke. I just switched to Fierce 5 like a month and a half ago.
Waaaaay better program. Almost all compounds.

Workout A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Pendlay Rows 3x8
Face Pulls 3x10
Calf raises 2x15/Tricep pressdowns 2x10 Superset

Workout B
Front Squat 3x5
Overhead Press 3x5
Romanian Deadlift 3x8
Lat Pulldowns 3x8 (any grip)
Ab work 2x15/Bicep curls 2x10 Superset

Variating between A and B every other day, rests on weekends.

Fuck son. I'd consider this a learning experience. You looked better before and you gained what looks like very little muscle.

Go ahead and cut and be extremely careful to try to keep what little lean mass you gained. Judging by your gains during the bulk I'm going to guess that will be hard for you. May be genes, no hate.

You'll make it. Where are your main lifts at?

Yeah, but how much weight can you lift for squat, bench, ohp, and deadlift? How many pull-ups can you do?

nutrition is the most important thing to get perfect for us fatties especially as beginners, don't try and gain weight again if you aren't atleast starting to see visible abs, also I think you bulked too fast that's a lot of weight gain for 8 months

Also yeah, I was pussy-footing around for quite awhile. There would be some weeks I couldn't make all my workouts, and every once in awhile my schedule was so hectic, there were weeks I just couldn't go. But I made a judgement call, weighed my values, and realized I wanted to drop one of my classes so I could have more time, and it was the best decision I've made.
Definitely been a lot of road-blocks and bad moves, as this is my first time ever seriously working out... but I'm on the upward climb, what with the new program, and going consistently now.

Future's looking brighter. I'm sticking with it.

>How many pull-ups can you do?
that's in bad taste user

i disagree, he looks a lot better proportioned in the second pic.

Why? Because he doesn't look like he could do a single one?

>tits
the rest of your body is growing fine, but you don't do enough chest work so you look like a bell

do 10-15 pushups every hour from now on to increase size and get rid of tits

My lifts are shit. Started off benching the bar more or less, but here are all my lifts now. My program is actually a little bit different than the one listed above, as I have changed some of my lifts with acceptable substitutions:

Squat 205 x5
Bench 150 x5
Wide Cable Rows 140 x8
Front Squat 165 x5

RDL 165 (is so low because my forearms were giving out. But now I'm trying mixed grip, and that seems to be helping. Hopefully this will grow quickly now).

Incline bench 125
Reverse flies 25 x10
Lat pulldown 145 x8
Curling 30 x10

My chest is DEFINITELY my weakest spot. I don't know what the fuck the deal is, but one day, I was benching, and I could barely get through my fucking warm-up. And I had to drop my weight like 15 pounds just so I could hit my rep range. So I just treated it like a deload, and so I'm working back up. And yes, I hit all my macros, and 500 calories above my TDEE.

...cutting and losing weight aren't the same thing?

Maybe you need to do a little hypertrophy work

bro you and everyone else need to be doing heavy rows. t-bar, pendlay, whatever, it doesn't matter.

learn how to row and then do them

I was doing Pendlays. Fuck 'em. You can substitute them with any wide gripped pull to the chest with arms at 45 degrees.

Going to the gym at 6AM after eating breakfast with a fucking stomach full of food, bending over, and then straining my whole core, I'm gonna throw the fuck up, and it will only hinder me. As I have to stop so I don't upchuck.

I do wide grip cable rows. Fuck pendlays.

I'm gonna stick to strength, as I just switched programs. Only been doing Fierce 5 for like a month and a half. So I wanna flesh out how well it works first. Gonna do it for 6 months, and then evaluate where to go from there.

Embarrassingly slow progress, but I've never had to cut and my lifts are the highest they've ever been. Looking forward to summer of '18

good luck blurring out your disgusting outtie at the beach user

I'm fuckin jealous of you skelly fags

good work though

That's because I was so fucking skinny. Now it's much more aesthetic but I'll only unblur it when I think I've made it
Thanks, we're all gonna make it

why the fuck are you censoring your belly button

are you really that self conscious about something that retarded

this is a blue board user

>eating full meal before the gym, especially in the morning
>not fasting for at least 16 hours everyday

You dun goof'd. You need to eat at a 500 caloric surplus, especially from where you started. Your muscle gain to fat ratio during these 8 months was like 1:7.

literally took me 2 minutes to realise the right pic was the after lmao

Siiiick, good job

2 months and a half
upper-lower split
flip flops master race

Current stats: 5'10 155lbs

You look like you gained the same amount of fat as muscle. No real change except overall size of everything.

Took way longer than it should have.

Lmaoooo

>i bulk and then skip workouts

I feel bad for op...

OP start fucking cutting now. and i'm sorry to say you're not going to be impressed with your results but you really need to start.

Shouldn’t he take advantage of holiday calories, though?

120lbs to 160lbs

How to salvage my fucked bulk

That's good shit, man, you haven't fucked your bulk at all. Keep at it.

5’10 140
Been lifting for 6-7 weeks

>How to salvage my fucked bulk
its fine, maybe eat just slightly less but definitely not a fucked bulk.

just do the big 4+rows and chinups/pullups you retard, you will keep looking like shit if you fuck around with meme lifts like that before you even know what the fuck youre doing.

maybe youre just retarded? I dont think its the pendlay rows fault that you are stupid enough to lift on a full stomach. also how the fuck do you squat, deadlift etc if youre that full?

>take advantage of holiday calories

What the fuck does this even mean? This big fat bitch obviously doesn’t have a problem fucking around on his training and shoving food down his gullet. Take advantage of shoving even more food down his face while he probably skips the gym “because it’s the holidays” so he can finally get the golden 1:10 ratio of muscle to fat gained.

before pic?

Not even that full, I don’t have a big breakfast before the gym. Just have a banana, and a shake, some coffee. Just anything to give me energy so i’m not lifting on a completely empty stomach.

And it’s the bending over. Squats are fine, DL is fine. But staying bent over, fuck that shit.

Especially because I don’t have to. I can just do wide cable rows.

About 8 weeks I think. Meme pose for meme progress

How long did it take and if it's not too much could you post what ur eating? Skinny skeleton fag over here 130-140 but i was smoking meth for past 3 years now I'm cleaning up

Mate, I’m gonna drive home real quick, but once I get there, I’ll provide some helpful links.

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001

January - November
Starting weight, 163lbs / 74kg
Current weight, 189lbs / 86kg Height, 6ft4 / 194cm. Hiding that pectus excavatum, pls no bully

Damn good progress man. What do you do for abs?

Yeah, you got a lot fatter. Actually retarded.

Shit tier genetics. Never gonna make it.

Only direct ab work I do is heavy cable crunches and hanging knee raises (I should probably start doing some real leg raises tho)

>6'4
How can anyone even compete?

September- November
Weight 154-170
Height 6'0