Every Man Can Squat 405

70sbig.com/blog/2012/06/every-man-can-squat-405/

For a grown-ass-man, it’s not a big deal. People have been accidentally squatting 300 for 50+ years. Every man can squat 405.

This, of course, assumes a healthy individual with no existing pathology — anatomical or otherwise. A regular guy can squat 405. And when he does, it may only be amazing if he was a weak-ass dude when he started. I’d be proud if “less genetically gifted guy” squatted 405, but I still wouldn’t call it amazing, or breathtaking, or whatever stupid thing the stupid under-achieving guy Brent was talking about said.

What should you do if you can’t squat 405 yet? The simple answer is to squat twice a week and don’t stop until you squat it. If you garner the accumulated work of squatting twice a week for a year, that’s 104 squat sessions. If you do that for 18 months, it’s 156 sessions. Two years is 208 sessions. It doesn’t have as much to do with set/rep schemes, or volume/intensity; it’s just that you continuously get the acute and chronic stress of squatting.

It’d make the most of your time to emulate a linear progression for several months at first, then a volume/intensity approach (like the Texas Method), and then tweak it from there. At the end of the day, it only matters that you squatted.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HR2LzIwL2bQ
strongerbyscience.com/its-time-to-end-this-nonsense-high-bar-vs-low
instagram.com/smashleysvendbye/
usapl.liftingdatabase.com/lifters-view?id=18051
instagram.com/daniellamelo/
usapl.liftingdatabase.com/lifters-view?id=32173
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah nigga you posted this last night we know

put a gun to someones head and theyll lift unthinkable weights. its all inside us you just need to harness it

This wouldn't work anymore if you failed and they didn't shoot you.
So you just have to be shot.

yes, just saying the fear of death unleashes strength you didnt know you had. I try my best to harness this primal fear when i go for a PR. Obviously not the same thing since i know death isnt at hand but it can be effective.

i agree, i was already squatting 3 plates for 5+ reps at my 1 year mark when i was 17 (past parallel at 6'3") youre a GDE if you cant hit 4pl8 in your lifetime

I don't care if it's big weight for an 18 year old, that squat was higher than swizz beatz hairline.

Sauce on the webm?

>that squat was higher than swizz beatz hairline
i cant believe someone actually typed this out thinking it was funny

it's a line from a danny brown song

nah she hit parallel

different ideas of parallel I guess. A line drawn from the crease of the hip to the top of the knee that is parallel to the ground is my definition, none of this underside of the thigh shit.

i'm not talking underside of thigh either, i think because she's a bit of a bigger girl & the off angle makes it look bad maybe but i'm pretty confident she's hitting a good parallel

who gives a fuck about squatting its gay as fuck

A little below parallel even

There really needs to be a wordfilter for 'nigga'. I'm fine with the word itself, just think it's so commonplace like fa'm that it deserves one and it would be funny

>nah she hit parallel
Parallel is not good enough.

>tfw squat 1pl8
>knee pain
what do?

>tfw no Ashley Svendye gf

;_;

Low bar and high bar are basically two different exercises. 4pl8 low bar is about equal to 3 plate high bar.

yes it is you fucking retard. Go to a powerlifting competition and see the depths that get white lights. This is a 1 rep max, not a hypertrophy/volume orientated set.

>Powerlifting
Olympic squats are the only real squats

We don't compete in squats actually.

Yes, there still is an Olympic style squat

get titanium knees

>4pl8 low bar is about equal to 3 plate high bar.
you're very wrong.

Olympic squats(I guess you mean deep highbar squats) often looks awkward as fuck with the knees wobbling and the hips shooting up very fast. They're impressive, but it doesn't look pretty.

youtube.com/watch?v=HR2LzIwL2bQ

read the squat chapter of SS. your hamstrings need to tight at the bottom of the squat and you have to squat til parallel. parallel means the top of your thigh is flat, not the bottom

I can't manage to get low enough for parallel when I squat with weight.

What do?

Narrow your stance

Hey fat boy not everyone cares about powershitting, just FYI

How narrow?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Probably just outside shoulder width. Also squat to a box.

I've seen people bench 355+lbs for reps at my gym but I've never seen anyone else squat over 325 there or deadlift over 4 plates.

>tfw 355 squat and 485 dead but 265 bench

Posts like this made me think oly squats were some magical super difficult entirely new universe of squatting that nobody from PL could do.

My belted 1rm parallel was 365 and I was able to squat beltless atg 315, belted 335. It just seems like you do less weight, it's like saying RDLs are the only real deadlifts just because they're harder.

>don't look pretty
Yes and the 2 inch rom powerlifting knee bend is the most graceful feat of athletic prowess

>B-b-but what about this other thing
Nice post

senpai

hip and ankle mobility, your problem is probably lack of flexibility in one of those

>Anyone can get strong if they lift, eat and rest enough

holy FucKinG shit!!!!!!!!!!!

>Every Man Can Squat 405
I mean this is retarded since every man wont train continously for years and squat twice a week, but yes the same logic can be applied to literally any lift, anyone can bench 140kg etc.

After more than 5 years of training and good nutrition, yes.
Or roid and achieve that in 5 months with barely touching the weight.

Admantium if you got the $$$

Try harder.

This very basic human movement pattern like year zero shit

Of course it is harder because the ROM is greater and you need more glute and quad activation especially in the hole. Lol wouldn't it be exactly the other way around? DL is better than the RDL because of the ROM and muscles activated, not because difficulty.

kek that guy in the back

Five fucking years to squat 4 plate?!

On planet Mercury or some shit?

You are definitely a white, suburban, Vidya player and anime cohabitant with that level of self defeat

>knee compression
>belt
>retarded breathing gasps
>lowbar
>woman
>no tits
>no ass
>3pl8
what an abortion of a webm

Hurt Durr ur breathing fancy
Don't count!!

if you listen to Veeky Forums then everybody but you can 5x5 1/2/3/4 and you're just a faggot
Amount of guys I have seen in 5 years of lifting in SoCal be able to even 1rm (outside of me):

1pl8 OHP: 1
2pl8 bench: too many to count
2pl8 squat: like 5
3pl8 squat: 1
2pl8 deadlift: 1
3pl8 deadlift: 0
4pl8 deadlift: 0

>needing a belt for 3pl8
>needing to gasp for air for lmao3pl8
the fuck

I lift actually and know what my genetic levels are and I speak about 140 kg bench.

Do you want a picture of my body?

>needing male genetic advantage to lift heavy

Why is gagging after coming up?

>Do you want a picture of my body?
yes, for scientific purposes only.

true
for some reason, everyone is strong as fuck on Veeky Forums compared to the irl gym demographics

My gym is the most common commercial gym - basically our equivalent to planet fitness and there are several people that deadlift 4 plates or more and you see it every day. A couple of guys deadlift 250+kg

no matter the squat webm someone will make one of these retarded greentext lists

how dare she use a belt

same goes for a guy doing 3 plate with gear and a low bar

Most people don't want to snap their shit up

>I have to wear a belt and sleeves to quarter squat higher numbers than what I would be capable of otherwise in order to not hurt myself
huh

>implying belts and sleeves limit your depth at all

It should be 315 not 405

Lowbar squats, aka cheated good mornings.

It isn't THAT hard to get a 3pl8 bench generally speaking, I'm almost there already after 4 years and half of that I made no progress and ate like shit, most of my progress has came in the last three months and I'm natty. Probably just my shorter arms and barrel chest that allow it though.

and then they fuck up their ligaments. Like the dude from no hero academica

What the fuck is that form
Who the fuck rests the bar on their back when squatting

There's two styles of squat being discussed. Of course he's going to talk about the other one, are you actually retarded?

No 3 plate is an ok milestone for a younger female as mentioned in the article. Nothing too brag about mind you but if a girl at her breeding age filled with estrogen can take a month or two to train squat, yes she will have knocked off LMAO3plate.

It should reinforce in you that that as a male human you should be shooting for much, much more.

One of the world record squatters did it for his world record squat, but I'm sure you know better than him with your 1pl8 pr @ 200 lb BW

Is that sum chiense cartoon shit?

>Every man can squat 405.
Notice how literally no evidence was given in support of this.

We hold these truths to be self evident.

That's literally the problem with fitness as a science.

My current squat max (sumo) is 265lbs. Damn near broke my heart when I saw a girl come in and squat 180lbs for reps.

maybe the point is every man can learn to squat 405. Because barely anyone can do it when they start.

Watch multiple times before forming an opinion. With the combination of knee sleeves and JUST BARELY breaking parallel, the most impressive thing here is that she cleared, stabilized, and managed to rerack.

Lmao

I needed 3 years alone for 100 kg bench despite good nutrition and training 4 times a week.

>maybe the point is every man can learn to squat 405
I know that's his point, and I'm disputing it.
I don't see any reason for which we should think every man can learn to squat 405 that don't apply to 505 or 605. But it gets more and more laughable the more you increase the number, even if the evidence doesn't change.

>knee wraps
Dropped

strongerbyscience.com/its-time-to-end-this-nonsense-high-bar-vs-low

> Also, typically people can squat 5-10% more weight low bar than high bar.

senpai

I wish I was short with a small ROM, oh wait no I don’t

Girls typically are built better to squat than they are to press. If I saw a non enhanced or fat ass girl pressing anywhere near my max I would an hero.

But I dont want to squat 405+. I just squat because its fun and I want to stimulate my legs. I dont see a benefit from doing crazy weights.

Honestly If I would be serious about this, I would beat her weight by at least 200lbs but why should I? This doesnt really impress me much, just like most guys who squat 500lbs.

People like Eddie Hall, are impressive indeed and watching them deadlift 1000lbs+ is amazing but outside of this I will never be a powerlifter nor do I want to. I'm also not jelly because there are women who can lift more than me. I can still beat the shit out of them if I wanted and if I would be jelly I would train and beat them in weights aswell but honestly there is no fucking benefit in life to do crazy weights.

I want to look good and be healthy, thats why I swim, climb and run. Lifting weights is just 1 single part of my fitness.

She's a 57kg. She squats almost 3x bodyweight.

how merciful of you to find any kind words senpai

>5-10% more lowbar than highbar
>10% more highbar of 315lbs is 345lbs

Did you fail every math class you've ever taken?

Bullshit famalam, show me proof. My girl is built like a twig and she's about 125-130lbs lol.

I think I'm in love

instagram.com/smashleysvendbye/
usapl.liftingdatabase.com/lifters-view?id=18051

> Pause at 0:17
I don't know what you expect. Belt, knee wraps, barely hitting parallel. Those couple of inches approaching the hole (lel) are significant and she keeps stopping right before hitting depth. It is not hate to say I'd rather see her do less weight ATG than more weight like...this.

you know i really don't believe any of these cause when i put 4plates on my back the bar bends a hell of a lot more than that

let me guess, im just using shitty bars right? :^)

> This autist ran the numbers

Her name is Daniella Mello.

instagram.com/daniellamelo/
usapl.liftingdatabase.com/lifters-view?id=32173

Ty for providing! Those numbers are insane for her size. Any idea how long she's been training? I tried looking it up but got mostly CrossFit adverts

It's simple math, sorry, brainlet.