/fat/ are gummy worms a food group?

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>Previous Thread

>garcinia camogia pills
>not hungry all day
>cheerful and energized
>calorie deficit on EZ mode
T-this can’t be right

Survey: has /fat/ been useful for you? Yes/no is fine, but feel free to elaborate.

Reposting but why not. First semester in law school. Final memo due in a week. Only half done. Need to finish prepping outlines. Stress eating like crazy. Only been a few days so no damage yet. Fit has ever increasing levels of incels and polfags. Who will save us brothers?

Lifting is our only hope

I'm keeping up with my workouts, just stuffing my damn face and not working hard enough.

>cut calories to 1700
>keep strict food diary
>lift every other day adding 2.5-5 lbs each side every other time
>lose 33 lbs in a few months
I just eat lots of green veggies and lean proteins like turkey, chicken, bison, fish and the occasional cut of steak. I started losing more every week once I mixed in a diabetic (GI) friendly diet. Sometimes I swear that the insulin spikes from simple carbs and sugars make it harder to lose fat deposits.

>lean proteins
>meats

eat beans. less calories. more filling isocalorically. you won't seriously ditch weight and maintain a healthy body weight while eating animal products without giving up job/school to work out 4 hours a day.

I eat beans and 1oz servings of meats, I'm not going vegan so I'm just going to stop you there. I'm losing weight faster than my doctor wants me to anyways and the small amounts of saturated fat I get makes me feel like im cheating a bit.

>waist size and chest size are the same
Fucking gyno

Sorry user I hope you can save up for the surgery. It's so common now it's pretty much an outpatient procedure now like gallbladder removal.

gallblader is not outpatient, maybe in murica where healthcare is a joke.

It is outpatient my dude, outpatient means you are not admitted to the hospital after the surgery.

yes and gallblader in europe is usually a 2 day hospital deal, up to a week depending on how the patient is doing after surgery.

>you won't seriously ditch weight and maintain a healthy body weight while eating animal products without giving up job/school to work out 4 hours a day

Just stop you fucking retard. Beyond the spamming and smug shit posting, what pisses me off about you fucking human turds is that you never post in CB threads. Stop giving out advice until you can post proof that what you're saying isn't the same guttural gains goblin vegan fucking drivel we've all heard constantly gurgling out of your goons in every single fucking thread.

Also, retard, before veganism was even possible due to modern agricultural advances, there lived millions and millions of humans who didnt have the 'problem' of obesity, ain't that the shit? So explain to me in your fucking stunted cult world view how exactly you cannot lose weight while eating animal products. Seems to me like they do it pretty well on survival shows, and they almost exclusively eat meat BECAUSE ALMOST EVERY PLANT ON EARTH IS INEDIBLE AND POISONOUS TO HUMANS.

Is losertown right? I put my deets in, and then set the amount I wanna eat each day to 1912 calories (converted from kj), and it says I will lose weight if I stick at this till I'm like 65kg? That seems weird that I can just eat that and be losing weight for two years, even if I choose the couch potato option.

In america it's a common outpatient procedure where you are free to leave after the anesthesia wears off and your vitals look good.

Gyno surgery is the same here in the states an outpatient surgery. It's a way of saying it's a lower risk surgery. Also with all the anti biotic resistant bacteria popping up in hospitals like MRSA if you don't need to stay it's best to leave.

How long did it take you?

>thanksgiving in 4 days
be strong, lads

your chest should be bigger than your waist

if it makes you feel better, my chest is 44" and my waist is 43"

This is my fear, hold me Veeky Forums no homo tho.

What kind of beans?

Absolutely. The only online weight loss board that isn't filled with delusional shits afraid of fat shaming. People aren't afraid of calling out bullshit and telling it to you straight. /fph/ threads are also great IMO

I trust Veeky Forums on most things. Once you've been here long enough you can tell the truth from trolls.
If you need questions that need answers from people then this is it because the answer you get might be like 5 responses calling you fucking stupid so you know that you're misinformed right off the bat.

Yes.

One day won't kill you lads. Eat to your heart's content with your family or friends and get back on schedule the next day. It's okay to celebrate if you don't break down and continue to eat like garbage the day after and so forth.

I'm speaking from experience as well. You simply won't put on any fat from a day's feast.

Hell yea. For a site supposedly full of supremacists and 15 year olds this board at least has been very supportive and inspiring. I visit fat threads every day.

no way its that easy

Yeah it has. Its nice knowing other people have the same struggles you do and you're not alone.

>one day is fine bro

this is the devil whispering in your ear and he is fat
stick to your routine

>stick to your routine

Look, it's good advice to not go crazy. It's not great advice to advocate sticking to a routine on a holiday.

I'd recommend eating smaller breakfast and lunch, save your calories for the big meal, and as long as you don't go above TDEE enjoy yourself. It isn't a normal day, but you don't have to throw caution to the wind either.

It's good to come here and remind myself why I'm doing it in the first place. Shit's hard when your mood gets worse when almost reaching your goal instead of better. I think I need a break though, at least until after thanksgiving.

This. You'll feel like shit if you break on a normal day. You might even get fed up with it all.
Taking a break if your head needs it will clear out some of the stress and let you look at your goal again with more heart.

If anyone's truly still worried about T-day, just cut an extra 200-400 cals until Thursday. If you REALLY wanna go nuts, do OMAD on T-day.

Black coffee until dinner for me, most likely. But I'll be awake long enough for some leftovers much later.

Been focusing on cutting and losing weight for about 7 months now. Ive lost a fair amount of weight and will soon be finding out just how much i've lost tomorrow when i finally weight myself on my scale i finally bought. I'm pretty excited since i've dropped a pants size and already feel like i'm on the size below that. I'm thinking i've lost about 50 to 60 pounds putting me at about 160 to 170.

But god damn has lately been tough, instead of eating around 1500 to 1700 calories ive been eating around 2000 or 2100 calories. Makes me a little frustrated with myself and feel like ive been slacking hard. How do i spike my motivation back up? I'm hoping finding out my actual weight will give me what i need to keep pushing on.

It obviously doesn't count metabolic adaptations. How severe they will be for you, nobody knows.

Absolutely
50 pounds worth

I just come for the wojaks

Does coffee kill the hunger?
I just started and I'm still looking for any "snack" to just make it go away for 2 hours.

It works OK. I've built up a lot of discipline and willpower over the past few years so I'd be fine without it.

I know we don't normally recommend drinking your calories, but I had a lot of success with psyllium husk + water for the first month of my most recent cut. Just find one that doesn't have added sugar (for diabetics) and have 2-3 tablespoons 2 or 3 times per day. It will expand in your stomach, helping you feel fuller longer. I think that's the thing that really made a difference this time, because my hunger is exponentially easier to manage compared to my first two cuts.

>I've built up a lot of discipline and willpower over the past few years so I'd be fine without it.
Then why are you on /fat/?

This. It's pretty simple. Basically fast until the big meal and even if you go hard as fuck you likely won't even break TDEE.

Well, I've been visiting Veeky Forums on and off for about 4 years. My first two cuts were went well but plateaued and I ended up gaining part of the weight back before getting back on track.

This time, I'm 4 months in and just recently decided to start hanging here again. I like seeing other anons making it, giving advice that worked for me when I can. MFP screencaps are interesting to me as well. And I'm still learning new things hanging out here. They're small, but they add up.

Shitty blog post:
I went to the doctor this morning, i expected to wait at least 20 minutes or so. I didn't have to wait at all and as a result i had to wait 30 minutes for the photo shop to open, so i went inside a bakery and got a black coffee. The smells of fresh Nussschnecke and Leberkässemmel almost overwhelmed me but my iron resolve saved me from falling for jewish bakery tricks. The pictures are amazing, i compared them to pictures from 2-3 years ago and although i'm still fat i look 100x better, good feels all around. I'm gonna make it boys.

Just got bloodwork back since I began losing weight.

The good:
-metformin cut in half, only once a day now

-Doctor trusts me enough to not foist medicine on me now.

The bad:
-He wanted to give me medicine because my ldl combat increased a lot. I'm going to change my diet to see if I can avoid medicine.

I thought I was being careful with the fats I chose, but maybe not enough. Now that my blood sugar is consistent, I'm going to try adding more oats and legumes, and cut down on red meat.

Feeling good, /fat/.

>lost almost 1kg since last week
>1 BMI away from not being in 'overweight' range
>lifts all went up today, leg press to 150kg for 3*20 reps
am I finally gonna start makin' it?

>caring about leg press stats
>even bothering with leg press
no

>skipping leg day
no

>leg press
>leg day
just squat, pussy

>squat
what do you think you are doing in the leg press?

might as well compare masturbation to sex

certainly not a squat

So i found there is no harm for me personally to binge out one or even two times a week, i'm talking about 3k+ calories.
As long as i exercise 5 days a week, do cardio two times a week and don't drink alcohol I'm fine.
I've been losing weight consistently with no plateaus for weeks now.
Maybe cheat days ain't meme after all.
Also gave up trying to discard all the sugars from canned food and stuff - literally impossible and makes you feel deprived and unhappy. As long as i don't eat actual sugar and candy a little ketchup here and there won't hurt.

"a little ketchup here and there won't hurt."

With logic like that , no wonder you are a fat fuck, you need to learn to have discipline or you are surely fucked.

This'll only work for so long mate.

I did the same thing, and now I've got those bad habits in place and I'm struggling like shit to get the weight off because those kinds of incidents set you back when you're only able to eat a 1800-2000 cal a day

Yes, I like to see how much better I am doing than other fatties.

Never gonna make it.

This is a comfy bread, keep going fanons

It'll work until your weight drops enough to lower your TDEE enough for your binges to cancel out your deficit. Sooner or later it'll happen and it probably won't be anywhere near your weight goal.

>used to have at the end of every weak
>eat what ever i want all day
>look at food journal
>still only 1800 calories
>kick the cheat day because it was a waste
after some time i stopped missing trash food all together and now eating it makes me ill.

To be 100% honest with you my man I don't see any way that a person who frequently binges will ever make it. A diet slip up or a cheat day can be part of a successful plan, but if you're just giving into your urges and pigging out a few times a month you are fucked. You need to cold turkey this shit or just give up now. There is no clever way around it. Stop or be damned.

Come on guys, just let thanksgiving be a big cheat day. It's just one day. Eat all you like

>2.5 oz of turkey
>1 cup of dressing
>1 cup of green bean casserole
>1 cup hash brown casserole
>1 slice of pumpkin pie no whip cream
I think that's reasonable for a holiday cheat day right? Anyone want to weigh in?

Yes. It's informative and motivating. Seeing other fatties make it keeps me going. This morning 199.6 on the scale. I can only do so much research on my own so having a fat reducing hive mind where we're all trying to do the same thing in different ways allows us to come up with more effective methods. It really cuts the fat.

wtf you need all that dressing for

>1 [250ml] US measuring cup
>a lot

Oh but I will. I'm 15 pounds away from my end goal and eating a meal with family and friends during occasions hasn't hampered that.

If you don't have enough self control to do that I have bad news for you about who is and isn't going to make it.

damn right that's a lot of fucking DRESSING FOR ONE PERSON

name 5 things wrong with keto

Dude I'm 6'4 and a measuring cup is roughly what I can grab with my hand.

It's called dressing because it's supposed to dress other food

Not to be gargled by the cup

You are aware of what dressing is right? It's not gravy.

>posts a picture of stuffing

maybe you should say stuffing instead of dressing

I don't stuff it into the bird and if you google dressing it sows exactly what i posted. It's a thing from the south I guess.

In some places it's referred to as stuffing even if it's not necessarily stuffed in the bird. Simple miscommunication anons.

I'm aware that's why i didn't call them names or attack them. I tried to clarify and problem solved. No harm, no foul.

Ah I know, I wasn't calling you out or anything. You weren't rude at all.

Ok lets try this again

>2.5 oz of turkey
>1 cup of cornbread stuffing
>1 cup of green bean casserole
>1 cup hash brown casserole
>1 slice of pumpkin pie no whip cream
I think that's reasonable for a holiday cheat day right? Anyone want to weigh in on it?

>tfw 27 and trying to lose weight

You can do it bro, 27 here also and down 38 lbs.

What’s for lunch today chaps?

Mexican soup (fresh soup mix from Tesco with sweet potato, carrot, peppers, spinach, kale and red rice), an apple and a satsuma here.

Sild sardines in chili sauce.

Fake news

Yes

Either left over steak since I lift today or left over clam miso soup to help lose weight. Both are delicious but the steak will have more calories and the miso soup has probiotics because I mixed some ginger kimchi into it. Probably better that I finish the steak since I will have plenty of soup for a while.

How do you create a diet plan if you're outside for the majority of the day(12+ hours) and don't get to eat a single decent meal? I don't mind not eating but I get a feeling it's not that healthy
>wakeup at 8-9
>leave house at 10-10:30
>commute for an hour
>work 12 to 16
>commute to school
>school til 21:30
>come home at 22-22:30
>study or do random shit til midnight
>sleep
I only eat some cereal in the morning and at evening, during the day I might pick up a bagel or something at a bakery but I'm getting sick of it. Lack of organization and depression makes me eat junk which is probably why I'm still fat

Meal prep.

I'm a vet student, when term gets really hectic I'm out from 7am until 10pm in the evening. I quite literally have three piles of tubs in my fridge for breakfast/lunch/dinner that I make up at the weekend.

So this weeks pots are:
Breakfast - overnight oats with raspberries/strawberries/blueberries mix
Lunch - tuna steak salad (yellowfin tuna steak with lettuce, onion, carrot, sweetcorn, tomatoes and peppers) with a boiled egg) or vegetable omlette.
Dinner - Chilli / chicken and vegetable rice/ chicken burrito wraps

If I'm off campus (frequently based at vets/on farm) I quickly make sure I scout out on the first trip if they have a microwave. If they do, great- then I can bring soup etc.

To go alongside these tubs I make sure I have a full fruit bowl, and pre-portioned snack packs (so I really enjoy stuff like roasted chick peas/paprika corn that I pre-portion at a weekend). Add a 1L bottle of water that I quite frequently do overnight cold green tea in and that's how I cope.

Takes a lot of prep at the weekend, but I can quite literally pack an entire days pre-portioned food into my bag and go each morning.

Actually I was just watching a podcast from Dr. Rhonda Patrick interviewing Dr Satchin Panda and there's huge evidence that even eating like shit within a nine to twelve hour window improves glucose metabolism, increasing lean muscle mass, and a host of other benefits. If you can be all right with being hungry in the morning try to eat with your schedule right after work and then after school. What you eat is important but how you eat is just as important so time your meals most effectively. Also I find meal prep is great for saving time. I made a pot full of clam miso soup yesterday which did take a few hours but I have delicious and healthy soup for the week for lunch which just takes nuking in the microwave. Look for youtube videos about meal prep and it should teach you how to make tasty meals that will save you a bunch of time.

I guess I can try but the problem is I can't(rather won't) eat at work or school and you can't eat a lot of shit while you're walking, oftetimes in a hurry.
Schedule will get better in a few months but I want tobget started as soon as possible

You can always make portable hand foods. I highly recommend a lettuce wrao, just a piece of lettuce wrapped around some lunch meats, cheese if you want, and vegetables. You can eat it just like a sandwich while walking and it's easy to store.

wrap*

sounds good, thanks

I do this when i occasionally eat a lone hamburger patty with mustard. Going to start doing it for sandwiches now too.

No problem bro. That's what Veeky Forums is for.

plug it all into MFP and see how much damage it would do. if it doesn't do much over your daily limit, you're all good amigo

No, but /fast/ has

Too much bullying here, people failing and food posters

How's your day /fat/bros?

Just went for my first run after a bout of pneumonia and I'm feeling kinda good now. Heartrate being so high is kinda uncomfortable. Maybe I'll have to meditate to get it down, idek. any ideas lads?

Absolutely. Who would've thought a Mongolian basket weaving forum would be the place I regularly check in on for the best advice

I was worried about you man. I'm glad you kicked the pneumonia and are back to cutting. Green tea. Brewed not that in a bottle with coke levels of sugar shit. It helps promote GABA in the brain making your nervous system into a less stressed state. There is some caffeine (not near as much as coffee) in there too so it will pump your heart a little but after a couple of hours you'll feel better than when you started.