Biohacking is the future of Muscles

mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/rogue-scientist-attempts-make-himself-11540906

Josiah Zayner, a biochemist and former NASA worker, has become the first person known to have edited his DNA after removing a protein which inhibits muscle growth

youtube.com/watch?v=o6A9bbDI6fo

Myostatin knockout will produce better muscle growth results than any steroid or workout routine, all with zero work. CRISPR is the new steroids+gym.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=imTXcEh79lw
atpeacewithpink.blogspot.com/2016/01/science-as-freak-show.html
wired.com/2016/07/olympic-drug-cops-will-scan-genetically-modified-athletes/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_therapy
sciencemag.org/news/2017/11/human-has-been-injected-gene-editing-tools-cure-his-disabling-disease-here-s-what-you
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=imTXcEh79lw

It's interesting that it produces better results than any combination of diet/exercise/drugs.

This is the true future of human enhancement. No gym, no work, no sweat. People with 0 discipline will be in perfect shape looking like zyzz.

I don't know who this character is but he looks like he's made of ESTROGEN!

If he successfully does myostatin inhibition he will look like the hulk.

atpeacewithpink.blogspot.com/2016/01/science-as-freak-show.html

>he's such a turbo manlet he has to sit on 3 chairs stacked on top of each other.

Is he going to turn off the gene that makes him a manlet too? Otherwise it's all for nothing desu.

>rick and morty
>fat and out of shape
>ugly
>low test
Funny how you can see from these things he's a dedicated redditor and vice versa

So why does he look like shit

wtf is with his ears and lips

He only did a few tests so far. He's on his way.

wired.com/2016/07/olympic-drug-cops-will-scan-genetically-modified-athletes/

It probably doesnt matter much unless you do it before puberty. Because hes DYEL.

>he'll look like the hulk
And he'll die soon due to heart muscle hypertrophy, like the bull in your pic related. Myostatin is there for a reason

Also
>implying hulk-mode mass monsters are attractive

Is low test and estrogen giving men these dsl's and soft curvy bodies? Mmmm

How long till he develop some form of cancer or unforseen illness?

Honestly why not just roid?

Get back at us with results

>why not just roid?
Because if it's your genetics you're natty

last seen

roids change your genetics. So then roids are natural. They do relicate a natural hormone

the guy sounds like an idiot

Does this mean we can give our girlfriends big natural tits?

>taking test
wahhh, le unnatural hormones wahhh
>changing your hormones
good for you lad, yeah science

Not even on juice, but fuck these people.

roids change gene expression, they don't change genes.

literally anything that exists in nature is "natural."

Dr. Josiah Zayner is a global leader in the BioHacker movement, constantly pushing the boundaries of Science outside traditional environments. He started BioHacking during his Ph.D. in Molecular Biophysics at the University of Chicago, creating The Chromochord in his apartment, the world’s first musical instrument that uses engineered protein nanotechnology. After his Ph.D., Josiah received a prestigious fellowship to work with NASA's Synthetic Biology program, engineering bacteria to help terraform Mars.

Unless I'm reading wrong, while this can and will have some negative effects if done to the extreme, the myostatin has a very limited role in cardiac muscle hypertrophy and these animals many problems don't actually include increased heart size.

I doubt this will be producing any "hulks" but if done right it could allow enhanced muscle building with less effect on the heart. Making it a more appropriate medical therapy.

>Gages
>Adventure Time t-shirt
>Rick & Morty
>Reddit
>Tattoo
Future of muscles.

How did he get the new genes to proliferate? You can't just inject CRISPR complexes into your body and expect the DNA everywhere in your body to be edited. Sounds like BS

Uhh blocking myostatin will

>make your heart grow unecessarily

>give you a totally random, hideous physique

This won't catch on.

Yep, the best way to tell if a scientist can enhance performance is if they are personally a jacked athletic stud.

sort of. That cow and others like it had the myostatin inhibition since birth. doing it as an adult may provide some growth, but probably wouldn't have as much potential as someone who has the mutation at birth.

>genetically modified athletes
Damn it really is the future. Flying cars when?

Except myostatin only affects squeletal muscles, the heart is safe

Genetic modification isn't natty.

>>>reddit

I didn't mention his physique you fucking retard.

The reason I don't roid is it ruins your blood lipid profile and causes high blood pressure which leads to heart attacks and they can also make you sterile. If this can have the same muscle growth effects without the increased risk of mortality and risk of sterilization ill hop on this bus. Some people may feel like it's cheating to roid but thats a retard loser mindset.

>tfw I hacked supercancer into me

Just so everyone knows, because this fat fuck soyboy obviously doesn't. You can change gene expression in embryos, but not in a full grown adult. I don't even know if you can change it much post embryonic stage, might just get some kind of weird chimera with lousy expression.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_therapy

will this count as /fraud/ when it becomes widespread?

>Posts a Wikipedia article about a broad topic

Why? You should know that gene therapy doesn't always work, is very fickle, sometimes is temporary. Somatic gene therapy is basically a meme.

see
>the future

>source needed
I haven't found anything on the side effects of myostatin related muscle hypertrophy, it's probably too rare. Does anyone actually have a source that mentions an increase in heart problems or are we all just shit posting?

Well he is testing it on himself so it is pretty valid question to ask.

It would take months and months of injections for any effect.

Why are they wasting time on this when they could be researching making steroids, which we know work, more safer and effective

The potential is higher from this as compared to steroids. Creating new muscle cells or altering the genetics of them (fast twitch etc) is higher potential than any hormone.

steroids are bad! drink some soy!

>literally o b s e s s e s e d with soy bc hormones
>no prob w/ sterons and hormones
lmfao

>Myostatin blocking will eventually become trendy amongst teenage girls.

Genes could be altered in adults by using a viral vector, like HIV, and replacing its payload by the new desired gene sequence and the tool used to insert this sequence into the host's DNA. However, it might be intercepted by the host's immune system.

One of the first attempts recently: sciencemag.org/news/2017/11/human-has-been-injected-gene-editing-tools-cure-his-disabling-disease-here-s-what-you

fraud fags btfo

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. This is just not how CRISPR works

polyethylenimine

Again, it's minimal/no practical change even then

crispr is supposedly able to work on adults

Its' much more difficult and extremely expensive at the moment. It's still in the early stages but there are clinical treatments being approved.

i tried looking this up - the guy did it to himself and looks like he does in the pic - what gives?