Bulked clean

>bulked clean
>Lifted hard
>Read the wiki, never could increase weight except in curling (after TWO YEARS.)
>Now I'm also skinnyfat

I don't know what to do. I'm so fucking frustrated. I never got newbie gains. 2 years, 3-4 sets 7-12 reps bench presses, squats, curls, dumbbell rows the whole 9 yards 3-4 days a week and fucking nothing to show for it.

Do I cut? Do I ignore it and bulk? Why the fuck won't my muscles grow? I'm now chugging 3 scoops of protein isolate shakes a day, nothing is happening and I refuse to quit

Tldr; skinnyfat making no progress wanting to start over. Cut first or just bulk and change routine?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=83nEQAO_U9k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Didn't read any of your post, don't care. How heavy do you lift?

Shit. I'm 140lbs 5'6" manlet. I know, you don't have to tell me, I don't know how I haven't killed myself either.
I bench like, 80 for 7 reps
Squat 120ish for 7 reps
Curl 30 for 7 reps

YOU STUPID FUCK
7'S DO NOTHING
YOU LITERALLY WASTED TWO YEARS

The sticky said that was in a good rep range, I do 7-12 reps. I don't care how much time I wasted I want to change the here and now.

SS+GOMAD

this has to be bait there's no way

I shit you not. Seriously, last workout I put one 35 plate on each side of a pulley barbell and failed around the 10-12th rep each set.

maybe shit genes

try upping the weight and going until failure, if that failure is more than 5 reps up the weight again

There's no fucking way. This goes against physics. I won't fucking give up. I'm fucking losing my mind over this shit, I'm nauseous and furious and won't stop, I won't, I don't care what's wrong with me I'm going to find a way but it's killing me.

Can be any of the following things:
Bad form
Bad diet
Not enough sleep/rest
Low test

Ok. I'll do it. I tried that before but maybe now with my diet more under control it will work better.

Pretty sure my form is good, I have no idea what I'm doing with my diet. Protein shakes and healthy shit. I sleep plenty and I got my T tested and the doctors say it's normal

if that's true and you're healthy and nothing is wrong with you I think it's literally impossible to have such terrible stats with 2 years of lifting I just can't see that being possible

I want to die. Im a tiny guy I don't know what to say. What should I be lifting at 5'6"?

L O W

T E S T

height has nothing to do with it but I feel like you should at least be AT or close to a 2 plate bench or a 3 plate deadlift after 2 years man. How often do you workout?

at least twice as much on all of your lifts

W H A T
DO
I
DO
TO
F I X
I T

>all the men on my mum's side are chads (former footballers, hockey players, swimmers)
>men on dad's side were lanklets but not hopeless (dad played rugby, decent runner)
I'm born flat footed, terrible at sport and running, diagnosed with dyspraxia as a kid (although I think that might be bullshit now)
WTF WENT WRONG

You're not eating enough. 100% the problem. While bulking you're supposed to gain weight. You haven't gained an adequate amount of weight for 2 years of bulking, so you've been doing it wrong.

Your noob gains are from when you were initially eating at a sufficient surplus (since I imagine you weighed under 140 when you first started bulking). Also, you're probably in a mental rut from a lack of progress. Deload every lift and then work your way back up while eating until you feel like throwing up every day. Or even just add another meal to your usual routine of eating.

t. Someone who had the same exact problem

3-4 times a week for about an hour. First year of lifting I had GARBAGE for a diet though.

You seriously think I should be benching around 200? I've never EVER seen anyone at the gym smaller than 6' bench that much.

Steroids.

>I have no idea what I'm doing with my diet
Start there then.
Count your shit, make sure you're getting the whatever g protein/lean body mass and you're at a calory surplus.

>Deload
Don't know what that means.

So I should bulk harder? I weighted like 120 for a long time.

1. I have no way of getting my hands on them
2. I know what happens the second you stop taking them
3. Health

So the consensus is keep at a surplus?

This. Also roids.

The most I've EVER done is 1 45 plate on each side and I could do more than 5 on those.

>1-5 reps for strength
>8-12 for hypertrophy
These are well established rep ranged so you went for 7 and literally wasted 2 years.

>So the consensus is keep at a surplus?
You can't build muscle if you don't gain weight

Lol

This. Fucking track your food. Get an app or make your own excel sheet and write everything down. That's 100% your problem, or you're not powering yourself out. Get on a program like stronglifts 5x5, the linear progression will force you to make gains.

The full story is too long. I did 5x5 for a year. Quit after getting nowhere because my protein sucked. Started again and for the last 6 months been eating better and doing 7-12 reps. I kept saying that but people are fixated on when I mentioned what my highest weight for my minimum reps was.

I'll follow this post.

Then again, it seems to easy. I can do more in the gym, I got the stamina, should I really just do 5x5 stronglifts to the T? Is seems easier than what I do now.

I want to look good, shouldnt I be going for hypertrophy?

I'm just going off of what my experience is like. I've been lifting for 2 years and 4 months now my max bench is 275 i believe I hit 2 plate around a year I would've been 165~170 5"9. Seriously though, if anything your height should be an advantage if you truly were bulking and not just bullshitting. if you seriously have nothing physically wrong with you it has to be your calorie/protein intake

>food

i eat nothing but pic related and hit 2 plate bench after 8 months.

>Protein, check
>Carbs, check
>Fat, check
>Excess calories, likely
Solid bulk imo

is it possible you have low testosterone?
it's pretty easy to spot, just look in the mirror and be honest with yourself
do you have the face of a pussy
like is your jaw small?
not joking btw

if not, most likely you are not eating nearly enough
start eating ridiculous amounts like5000+ calories and see what that does

>5000+ calories
Physically cant. And yes I do look like a weak jawline pussy. What does it matter when there's fuck all I can do to change my T levels?

It still doesn't make any sense. Even if his parameters were shit his form was bad and he was undereating/not gaining any weight there's NO WAY he'd still be at that low of numbers. I've seen twigs make noob gains better than that in a few months half assing their lifts

exactly

Hate to break it to you user, but you clearly did not lift hard or read the wiki.If you did, you would be substantially bigger, especially if you are 5'6. You probably dont understand what "bulk" means. No, you dont bulk on 2000 calories a day

>b-b-but protein shakes

Fuck your protein - calories is what matters. Dont give me this "clean bulk" horse shit. You need to be stuffing your face so often your stomach feels like it will explode, you should be taking at least three full size shits a day. I can 100% assure you that you slacked on the eating. Lifting isn't enough (which you probably lift like 3 days a week with mediocre intensity) You have to look at eating the same way you look at working out. Every skinny faggot DYEL in the gym who never makes progress has the same thing in common, they dont EAT. EAT you fucking pussy

Looks like a solid bulk food, how much do you pay for a big box like that?

yeah you fucking can you bitch start putting 100ml rapeseed oil on your meals for a start
eat biscuits, oats, rice, milk, whey, tuna and whatever sweets or cake you can get in just to bring it up to that level
i'm bulking on 5000 calories a day, my metabolism is crazy though

also maybe go to a doctor and ask to check test
you should have made some gains if everything else is ok but your kind of below average testosterone
if you're really low then you'll see 0 gains

>5000+ calories
And then OP got the fat gains

Look into the SL5x5 program. Also get your diet in order

>I have no idea what I'm doing with my diet
Track that shit, you're probably way off the mark. Wasted my first year lifting because I didn't know the numbers and wasn't eating enough.

Yeah great, my genes are shit, do I just kill myself or what? I don't wanna give up.

Then why am I gaining fat? How am I not going hard enough if I'm lifting to failure?

Tested my T, doctors say it's normal. AKA, no T boosters for you

Alright. I'll calculate my maintaince and go 500 Cal over.

This is a meme, right?

>Tested my T, doctors say it's normal. AKA, no T boosters for you
Did you personally see the T results or did you just take your docs word for it? Normal can be considered 1 point above low T range, and normal T range is from like 150-800.

Yea you can. Eat your fucking onions bro.

Take steroids you fucking bitch.

>two years
>120x7 squat

find a new hobby my man

seriously, even if you did everything wrong and put in next to no effort you would be miles ahead of that with even marginally below average genetics

you must be at the dead bottom of the bell curve, like 2nd percentile for strength/muscle/response to training

Look into Intermittent fasting to get rid of your 'skinnyfat' look. Also protein does not build muscle. Get enough sleep and minerals. (Specially Sodium and potassium.)

I've been stalling forever too, and that's after having made little progress after a year. I can't even squat two 225 yet, and I'm 6'2".
youtube.com/watch?v=83nEQAO_U9k
This video kind of hit home for me. So recently I stopped trying to "lean bulk," starting eating a lot (in three or four meals), quit tracking macros, and my strength is blowing the hell up. Granted, my weight has shot up from what it used to be, but I'm pretty sure it'll balance out eventually as long as training keeps going well.

>Read the wiki
/fit's the last place you come for lifting advice
seriosuly, practically no-one here has acheived athletic success, and those that have, to be loose with the term "success", have used drugs to get there
go to dan john's site and forum if you need somewhere to begin

you can get roids from your doctor if you legitimately have low test dumbass or just buy some fucking terrestis or whatever the fuck its called you know like that shit they market to old dudes cause they also have low test

if you're willing to barely be able to walk for 6 weeks give this a go www.bodybuilding.com/fun/irontamer5.htm it's far from easy but did wonders for me afteri struggled to make gains for the first few months

is this true?

pretty much

if you are fairly new to lifting you can recomp and gain muscle at maintenance, but once you've been lifting consistently for a year or more good fucking luck have fun with your no progress

N O F A P
O
F
A
P

I literally can't progress unless I haven't jacked off in the last 7 days. Even when everything (diet, sleep, exercise, form) is on point. Do it.