QTDDTOT - Fluffer Edition

old thread reached bump limit

Just ran a half mara in 1hr59m, have another in 3 months what's the best routine for getting to 1hr45 or less?

Yesterday i had a terrible back pain due to a bad slo movement, today i wake uo with a big pain in the right middle back, should i lift anyways or stop how much time for full recover? Till i dont feel pain or more to be safe? Will i lost my gains?

PILONIDAL CYST VERSION

practice

don't fuck with pain, give it minimum a week, to be safe 2. Deload. Yes, you will lose some gains but fucking with an injury will cause more. Just accept it and enjoy the time off.

About to start my first cut at -500kj maintenance. Bulking/lifting for a little under a year and have a little belly fat, but good development overall. What should my macro percentages be? Any tis for my first cut?

0.82g of protein/lb

Carbs about 30-35%
Fat remaining.

How is possible i still weight 76 kg after 2, months of diet. I was 79kg, only 3 kg less!! And i eat very low kcal per day 900-1200 before those 2 months i was 84 kg and take me another 2 months to go to 79, why so slow? I did diets others times and i lost so much faster, why so slow now if i am doing the same? Although i now less much more fat and fit but i dont think i "convert" mass to muscle because i did the same other years and literally the same lift +diet and take much less time
pic related me yesterday

If youre eating that few calories and not losing more weight you're either severely miscalculating your calories or youre lying about them.

Yes i perfectly calculate them, they are 900 3 meals, 1 oats plus eggs 2 chicken with no oil 150 plus 30g of rice and thibgs lik this tuna, etc , somedays 1100 because i eat 100g smoked salmon that is 200 kcal when i feel hungry and need a bit of fat i dont understand

are you sure you don't mean 500kcal
500kj = ~120kcal

Yeah my bad

Son, I'm going to explain this the best I can.

You are not eating healthy. You need more than 1200 cal a day. Sure, you can survive on it, but your body will not fluctuate weight normally on something that low.

The deal is still "Calories in vs Calories out", but you need to understand that you're stagnating. I wouldn't be surprised if you may be losing muscle ever so slightly due to that while your body clings onto the stuff you normally use.

I used to be the same way: "I have to lose weight, I will do anything to lose weight, I want to lose it the fastest possible" and went on a few crash diets of only 1200-1400 a day. Guess what: Weight loss plateaued fucking fast. I couldn't figure it out: "How the fuck could my body be not losing weight? I'm eating way less than my TDEE!! This is fucking bullshit!"

Simply put the human body is really really efficient and very good at putting what it receives to use. So when you start eating at really high deficits (maybe 800-1000 under your TDEE) it tries to burn as little as possible while using basically all of what you consume to preserve your mass. This would explain if you ever just felt sluggish during your normal days.

>but what about fatty fattasses? They can lose 10 lbs a month with a 2000kcal deficit!
Well yeah, they're fatasses. Their body only needs like 1800kcal to operate normally. But even they can fall victim to crash diets.

So what's the solution?

EAT FUCKING NORMALLY.

DON'T eat at a large deficit (max -600kcal)
DON'T do some fucking meme water fast
DON'T try and juggle a billion things with your diet and try to make it fit in.
DON'T act like food is poison.

I was literally in your exact position a year ago, I was lashing out and my friends and family because I wasn't seeing progress. Fast forward to this year: eating at 1800cal/day and losing about a pound per week.

Big deficits are only for fatties.

Please fitpill me on pre and post workout nutrition.
Does it matter what foods I eat when?
For example a banana or a protein shake.
Which one would be better pre workout and which one post and why?
Thank you

I can confirm but fasting one day a week or twice a month is actually a good thing for test and weightloss. Just make sure you ate good the day before and dont do too much that day because you will probably feel weaker then.

When you guys are gaining how many pounds do you put on before cutting again? I've gained 30 or so pounds so far

you check your BF%, not your weight. I don't ever like going over 18%, that's when all definition starts to disappear.

If you need it, just some simple carbs for pre-workout, usually eaten an hour before you work out. Personally I feel nauseous if I eat within 2 hours of lifting so I just avoid food altogether and drink some coffee.

For post, as long as you get some protein in down the line you'll be fine. Carbs will help you get some energy back and protein will help your muscles recover faster. The "golden window" thing is a myth. As long as you consume it within a few hours of your workout (like, not 12 hours later) you'll be fine.

So I've been looking at several tdee calculators, and the numbers seem way, way too high. I've been skinny, gained fat due to injury and depression, and want to start lifting.
When I was skinny, I was about ~150 pounds. Now I' at about 200 (6'), and even if I use calculators that include the bf%, my tdee hovers around 2700kcal, which seems too high. I'm pretty much set on cutting at 1500kcal. Did I just happen upon shitty calculators?

Thanks

you're setting your activity level too high, I can guarantee.

according to tdeecalculator.net your sedentary TDEE is about 2300. If you're lifting 3x a week, probably 2450-2500. You're not buring 400 cal a day lifting, particularly if you're a new lifter.

Then cut at 1500 don't let a calculator tell you what to do

Right, even if I set it to sedentary, it spits out numbers like 2500, which would still put my cut at 2000, which, to me, still seems like a lot :S

TDEE's are a ballpark guess but don't be surprised. I'm an inch shorter than you and 31lbs lighter, still at 2140. The whole idea of the "average diet" of 2000 calories is really just an easy number to refer to.

So I kinda fucked up deadlifting two days ago for increasing the weight too much. I mean I got it up but form wasn't perfect so my lower back hurts now.
I should be squatting today but not sure if it'll fuck my shit up. What do? Lower weight on squats? Do leg press or some shit? I usually mostly do only squats for legs

Hm. I guess I'll just start, hit my macros (well, brotein) and watch my weight and see what happens, then. Thanks!

How do you politely decline a snack/treat from a friend without saying you're on a cut/diet? I would rather lie than hear "you don't need to go on a diet, look at you!" And have them think I'm a fitness freak who can't enjoy things

Asking because it is commonplace for my work colleagues to bring in donuts/muffins in the morning

you are not obligated to give any reason. just say "thanks, im good" and get over with it.

"No thanks" ?

What are the best sources for meal prep stuff?

Are there any good meals I can prep that will last in the FRIDGE for a week? Freezing meals makes them taste like ass.

Do you guys have abs with out flexing?

I'm starting a low carb diet to cut and drop a few bf % without losing -too much- weight, what should my macro ratio be? I read somewhere that my protein shouldn't be more than 35%, so that would leave me at
>10% carbs
>35% protein
>55% fat
Does that look okay?

>do you have shoulders with out flexing
>do you have triceps with out flexing

My tdee is 1500, is okay for me to eat only 800 calories a day? Will I start losing muscle? I'm currently eating around 1000 calories but my weight loss is starting to plateau.

I only go to the gym 2-3 times a week, I'm 5'4 female

As long as you keep your carbs low you should be fine.
It's worth noting though that different diets are going to feel different for different people. Some people will go on a ketogenic diet and feel fantastic, others will feel like they want to die. If you do start feeling abnormally shit, switch to something else. The best diet is one you can actually follow.

There really isn't any inherent problem with getting a lot of calories from protein.

I'm sorry let me rephrase that. What body fat percentage do you typically see your abs with out flexing.

My abs kind of come in around 10 percent but not really.

But when flexing I can see them even when I'm at 15 percent.

Great. I'll try this for a week and see how it goes.
Am I suppose to be drinking a lot of water or not when doing this? Somewhere I read said to be "vigilant" but that could go either ways.

>is okay for me to eat only 800 calories a day
no
>Will I start losing muscle
yes
>I'm currently eating around 1000 calories but my weight loss is starting to plateau
>I only go to the gym 2-3 times a week
do more than whatever it is you're doing at the gym for those 2-3 times a week

if lower back hurts you can try squats. if its really sore then squats wont be useful. try lunges, that doesnt use lower back as much.
"nah im good thanks mate".
most cooked things can last a week in the fridge. learn to cook what you like.
make sure you train your abs, but yes flexing will always make a muscle appear faster with higher bodyfat.

how do I squat without knee pain? can't even do 1pl8

What's the go-to hypertrophy program that is still based on the big 3 or 4 lifts? 6 day PPL is not an option for me

warm up more, knee wraps. my left knee tendon hurts sometimes so i warm up with cardio then squats with bar, and then lower weight then working weight and it isnt usually a problem.

Get the starting strength pdf and check out the instructions
Watch a bunch of videos
You're still a beginner, your form needs fixing

Does strengthshop do any big sales?

I'm at 18% bf%(i tested with a shitty caliper I probably got it wrong a bit) and can see a 4 pack already. Although the other test that uses height weight and waist measurement I got 10% bf

My biggest issue with my lifts right now is stalling with my upper body workouts, my squats are 205lbs and my DLs are 245lbs but my bench is only 135 and my OHP is stalled at 95lbs. What am I doing wrong? Should I do a PPL routine instead to isolate certain parts of my upper body and get it stronger?

pic unrelated

>on package it sais 400 calories per 100 gr
>100 g of cooked spaghetti is like half a portion
>I eat about 200 gr of spaghteti
So i eat 800 calories a meal ?
Does cooked pasta calories = package written calorie count ?

Calories listed on packages are always pre-cooking.

Is this really true? Most days I walk 15-20km at a 5km/h rate. I'm in disbelief that walking can burn so much calories. I do some jogging and skip rope too but only burn a measly sub 50 calories. And those wreck me physically.

any idea how much calories are lost after cooking ?

What's a cool way to approach someone about their form?

Saw a guy last night doing squats that was basically a good morning with a knee bend.

none

Doing OMAD So its come to my knowledge that most of my fat is under my chin, and my stomache. It looks like I'm 9 months preggo bros. Of course, i have been doing 23/1 for a month so I dropped fat and weight(255ibs--->235), but my stomache is still looking big. Super huge. I'm in construction currently and some days are chilling out, and others is intense labor.

My question is, should i do lifts(ppl)or cardio(couchto5k) to reduce the size of my stomache, or should I just wait it out until i reach a lower body fat percentage(36% currently) to even bother? Process is fast, on average I'm losing a pound a day.

Is PHUL with plenty of heavy compounds a good routine if I'm gonna bulk?

>hey man, do you mind if I gave you some advice?
>explain correct form and why the other form is not good
9/10 people will be cool with it, especially if you're bigger or stronger than they are. Just try not to sound condescending or arrogant.

Are you doing accessories for upper body?

Is it douchy to walk around in the gym with a bag with all my shit in it? I've got a belt, bands, straps, etc.

After weeks of doing negatives I can still only manage 3 deadhang pull ups

How do I get to a unassisted 5x5?
Pls don't tell me to lose weight, it works but im in my winterbulk

A small bag that keeps your shit together, no

A full duffel that is also in the way, yes

Volume. Get one of those bars for your door and keep doing reps throughout the day.

I put all my shit in a drawstring bag and carry my belt separately. No-one has ever said anything, so whatever.

I heard deadhang pullups will absolutely wreck your rotator cuff, so I also stop just short of deadhang. You might try that until you can do them fully. Just my $0,02 though

not if it's tiny
why don't you just go to the gym wearing half of that stuff though?..

I was doing SS and progressing well for the first time ever.

Then I got a really bad throat infection and lost like 10 pounds and am still super fatigued and weak.

Can't OHP 77.5 lbs any more, whereas before it was easy. Everything else is down significantly too.

My question is: should I start on something else or get back on the SS saddle?

Start SS again, but deload 10%. Build your way back up until noobgains are done, then switch to whatever you want.

>Start SS again

Fuck I don't want to.

Okay

76kg 179cm novice on ss here. i was fat (15% bf) with a wide waist but i bit the bullet and went for a slow bulk which kinda started turning me into a t-rex.
my lifts in kg for 5rm: 42.5/52.5/75/90
i decided to add lateral raise 3x12 on bench days, 3x12 lat pulldowns on ohp days and 3x12 curls on fridays.
will i be ok? how can i turn this around?

Do you feel like you were hitting your noobgains limit before you got sick? If so, just do a couple of weeks and switch. Lifting has to be somewhat fun in order for you to progress decently

I did 3x8 dips and 3x12-15 curls on Bench day and 3x8 chinups and 3x8 pullups on OHP days. Worked wonders for my proportions and lifts, but then again, I'm 193cm so there'll be differences.
>lat raises
Will do jack shit, except for your delts, probably not worth it atm
>lat pulldowns
chinups/pullups are better

What lifts are safe to do with a bent 20kg barbell?

The reebok bar I had been using in my home gym (

How do I calculate/decide what weight to use for 3x12 sets? I've only been doing 3x5 so far, but I'm gonna switch to PHUL fairly soon, and need to know what weight/conversions to use.

bump

Please answer

Okay, thank you user

>should i do lifts

Yes

>Should I do cardio(couchto5k)
No

>should I just wait
No

M8, are you doing GOMAD while cutting, and at 36%BF? Jesus christ, GOMAD is just for quick and easy bulking, I believe. Get down to normal weight and bf% first. Cut and lift. Cardio is fine, just be careful with running as it will fuck your knees at your weight. Milk, especially this much, will probably bloat you, so your gut will probably start shrinking pretty soon.

tl;dr drink less milk, continue cutting, lift and do cardio

Keep up the weight loss though

No not GOMAD, One Meal A Day haha.

Goddamn, you had me scared. In that case, do this and continue cutting, lift and do cardio if you need to

>Am I suppose to be drinking a lot of water
are you dumb?

Today after my last set of Lat pulldowns I've realised that my biceps are pumped like crazy, it would explain why I could lift so low with bicep and hammer curls everytime after lats.

Where am I making a mistake?

n-no I was being serious, I still don't know and I've only had like 1 cup of water since
please respond

pull with your elbows not your hands

I'm new to lifting (6 weeks) and my lifts are as follows, counting bar. 180cm/68kg

OHP: 25kg
Bench: 52.5kg
Squat: 85kg but I've incresed by 5kg about 4 times in a row, yet it seems that I can still go more and more.
Deadlift: 75kg, today I've done 3x5 of 80kg but my back hurts a little little bit now, probably shitty form.

Are these numbers any good? How much should diddly by higher than squat? How can I achieve that, just form?
Also, when deadlifting, it's always the hardest for me to lift the first rep, for example today, I just couldn't do 85kg, so I lowered it to 80kg, lifting it felt impossible, so I took a minute break, came back, lifted the first rep which felt like I was lifting a house, but then repped the remaining 4 like it was featherweight. How come the first rep is so hard? Thanks!

>minecraft mode
excellent work

okay, thanks!

I'll probably have to lower the weight, by a lot, right?

Btw, is pic related good for barbell rows?

2 liters of water per day minimum

yes, lower it and work your way up, think of your hands as mere hooks to hold the bar and pull with your elbows, trying to squeeze an orange in your armpits on the way down. dont let the eccentric just rip your hands upwards, lightly resist it

pic is t-bar row, very nice if your lower back can handle it. i prefer the barbell in corner version over this machine, but thats not to say it isnt good

okay, thank you for the deadlift tips

regarding the t-bar row, I'm not using it as a substitute for rows, instead I'm just using it for additional, lower weight reps as a support for my 3x5 rows

so it does work the same muscles, yeah?

>deadlift tips
wut

yeah that sounds good, youtube scott hermans vid about them for form tips, use halfpl8s even at high weights to get more ROM, dont cheat too much.

okay, thanks man!

DOMS. How long is it supposed to last?

I did my first leg day as an out-of-shape fatty and three days later I'm still sore

I need to deload whatever I'm doing, right? I expected to be sore for the next 24h but I'm reaching 72h of pain here. The pain is decreasing but I'm still worried about overdoing it

Is it gay to go to dog shelter and take some dogo for a trail run? I'm doing these every weekend around 20km and been wondering about this for a while? is it a good idea? Wont i be taken for some gay fagot?

My routine
I do aba on mwf and the next week I'll do bab on mwf

A
>one mile run
>overhead press 5x5
>pull up 5x5
>squat 5x5+
B
>one mile run
>barbell rows 5x5
>bench press 5x5
>deadlift 5x5

On Tuesday and Thursday I'll do
>one hour jog on treadmill at highest incline
>standing calf raises 5x12++
>leg press machine only cavles 5x12++
forearm work
>row the barbell for 1 minute
>hang from bar for 1 min
>row the barbell opposite direction 1 min
>walk for one min holding plates 1 min
Do this 3x
>grab dumbell and slowly curl with wrist 5x5+
Triceps
>that pull down machine 5x5+

Saturday
>one mile run
>seated calf raises 5x12+
What do you guys think?

You don't need to deload, you're not hurting anything.

Wtf who would let you just borrow a dog? Unless you were going to fully adopt it? Anyway most breeds aren't designed for long distance running, you would be torturing them with 20km

I did exactly what you want by just going for random runs around 20-25 km weekly distance at that time. Also The colder the weather the better you will run at this speed, so take the temperature differences between the one u did and the upcoming in to account.

Went from 1:59 to 1:43 in 3 months ( smoker)

Just keep working out and most of the doms will go away in a few weeks.
I rarely get serious doms anymore unless I go extra heavy and hit new prs.
t. 2 years lifting

DOMS will stop when you excercise regularly. Go excercise, do legs, do whatever you routine tells you if it's good, but if you got doms, GO excercise, your muscles will get blood flowing and that means nutrition for repairing.

can I drink as much water as I want though like usual or no?

If your goal isn't to kill yourself you shouldn't really do any hurt if you drink as much water as you want.
The recommended intake for athletes is a gallon a day I think.

Don't listen to satan

problem is, 2 years ago i injured my rotator cuff doing upright rows and dumbell military press with absolute shit form. even though i can bench and press without any pain now, i am still afraid of snapping my RC with dips and chinups/pullups.
it has been quite a while after the injury so maybe i should try and see how it goes. thanks for the help user!