Research: Vegans live longer

Wow.

>Vegans have substantially lower death rates than meat-eaters, a major study has found.

>The study has been published in the JAMA Internal Medicine Journal and reignites debate around increasingly popular vegan diets amid conflicting medical advice and evidence over their impact of proponents' health.

>The research was undertaken by scientists at Massachusetts General Hospital, who monitored health and diet records of more than 130,000 people over the course of thirty years.

>They found every three per cent increase in calories from plant protein was found to reduce risk of death by 10 per cent. The figure rises to 12 per cent for risk of dying from heart disease.

independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/vegan-meat-life-expectancy-eggs-dairy-research-a7168036.html

Why aren't you vegan yet?

I don't know how many times I need to say this.
WE
HERE
FOR
A
GOOD
TIME.

NOT
A
LONG
TIME.

Fuck outta here with that shit.

>living long enough to buy adult diapers and drive for 3 miles with your fucking blinker on

Fake news.

Comparing people who care what they rat vs people who dont no shit people who care live longer.

Intelligent meat eaters > everything else. Evolution says so.

>t. teenager

Reminder that this doesn't happen to old vegans.

>intelligent meat eaters

oxymoron

Has veganism been a thing long enough on a big enough sample for this kind of research to be valid ?

Give me a study where the vegans and the meat eater have the same exact diet (except for the meat part obviously) because all these comparisons of a conscious vegan and a standard mcdonalds ameritard are retarded

We've known for quite a while that the more plant-based a population is the longer they live. Blue zones and all that.

>Give me a study where the vegans and the meat eater have the same exact diet (except for the meat part obviously)

This doesn't make any sense.

vegans are faggots

sure if you want to spend the rest of your life supplementing what you can't get from your soy based diet

You eat animals that are supplemented B12.

no zinc no test. start shaving your head now to avoid that embarrassing comb over phase that will inevitably come

>>Vegans have substantially lower death rates than meat-eaters, a major study has found.

Let's do a little statistics...

Death rate meat eater =1
Death rate of vegan

I get 20g of zinc a day without supplementation.

enjoy getting ED in your 40s followed by your impending heart attack

>have a shitty life
>it takes even longer

lol vegans

did you have to google the standard daily intake before you made up that lie? also i get 100mg effortlessly from my diet and i haven't gone soft in months

>y-y-you're lying!

ok retard, enjoy your heart attack like every other fat fuck that stuffs his face full of meat everyday.

That thry eat the same meals and nutrients, except the vegan eats whatever meat substitutes in his diet. So let's say I eat chicken and brocolli the vegan eats tofu and brocolli etc
All these "studies" are retarded because they are comparing conscious vegans with regular dumb "I'll eat a big dominos pizza and a tub of ice cream for dinner" ameriburgers

The longest living populations are primarily plant-based. What else do you need to know?

i'm going to say you're the only one stuffing his face full of fat meat :)

my life is already miserable, i'm a social autist with no hope of real employment apart from being autistic at learning programming, my only hope is becoming self-employed.

The only things i like to do in life are lift and chill out, but the world forces you into doing shit you don't want to do for 40-50 years, using up your best years and leaving you out to the side to die in some fucking shithole.

Why the fuck would i want to elongate what is going to be objectively the worst years of my life, watching myself get weaker and stupider as my body slowly becomes incontinent and inefficient.

Obviously if you are healthier, the "worst" years comes later... It's not like healthier people live longer but are just sicker longer, it's that they live longer healthy before they get sick.

Intelligent meater =/= regular meater

>They found every three per cent increase in calories from plant protein was found to reduce risk of death by 10 per cent.
holy shit if I become vegan I literally won't die

So if my diet is 30% plant protein I'll be immortal? Nice!

The death rate in humans is 100%

[CITATION NEEDED]

Eunuchs also live 14 years longer so why don’t you cut off your balls?
Calorie restriction also makes mice live 40% longer so why don’t you go auschwitz mode?
Equating living longer to being healthy is so dumb.

Do u have citation for that? Faggot?

Did you fail math m8?

Don't eat excessive amounts of meat, hit your micros and macros and move your body daily and you are literally fine.
Vegans have the moral superiority - no doubt. But their diet isn't required at all in order to be healthy.
Stop pushing this regarded believe.

I eat a plant based diet 6 days a week, 5 meals a day. I choose 1 day a week where 1/5 meals has meat in it. This lets me not be a pain in the ass if I go out with friends. I got my bloodwork done recently and my cholesterol was 86.

>Don't eat excessive amounts of meat

Hard to do for most people. It's easier and healthier to just cut it out completely.

This guy has the right idea but very few people could actually do this without "relapsing"

>terrible methodology

YOU
KNOW
I

What's the point in living a long life if it's miserable and restrictive?

Causal link probably. Literally all the Vegan faggots are the ones who give that much of a shit about being green and healthy so of course they will be a healthier group.

Meat eaters are a group of both healthy and unhealthy people so it will lower the average. I bet if you took a group of healthy meat eaters and a group of Vegans the results would be similar.

Kys OP

fpbp

bump

Because vegans are more diet conscious, they have to be to actually remain vegan and get enough nutrients. People who think about their diet more will end up eating healthier, who knew?

Whenever these studies come out, you always find that it's only the vegan men that have the apparent additional health benefits, and the vegan women don't do any better than, say, Seventh-day Adventist women.

This strongly suggests that the health benefits associated with vegan diets come from the fact that people who pursue that lifestyle generally watch what they eat and probably exercise, neither of which your average omnivore does. The fact that the additional health gains of veganism are mainly or only found in men suggests that it is the low iron content of the diet that helps them over time; many vegan health improvements (lower blood pressure, reduced cardiovascular risk, etc.) are also found in men who donate blood (i.e., lose iron) regularly.